Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM

I am avoiding scrubbing my oven. la la la maybe it will clean itself. Steve just injured his lower leg think he pulled, strained, tore a muscle. he is unable to put any weight on it so momma here is putting ice on it, getting the advil, offered to take him in to the doctors no way no how.. so fine. I guess maybe cleaning the oven is a good idea after all. I did get my two big ugly dead couches out of here and off to the dump. yahooooo... I need to work on a center medallion for a round robin.. still undecided on the fabrics but think I should just wing it before its too late. You should see my house.. omg what a disaster zone. ugh. packing boxes paper, things lots of things all moved into my livingroom and dining room the rest is mostly empty. its so not home like at all. good thing disalienate this place from my heart so there is oodles of room to love the new one its going to be a seriously grand adventure. my last big hurrah.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Oh my! couches finally gone, that's what did his leg, but so worth it. That wasn't very nice, sorry. Ready for your grand adventure! Did I or have I ever told you how glad I am that you are moving here. Love you to death miss brat, that's all I can say. If I would have ever had a sister, I would have hoped she was just like you
Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM

my table runner is ready to mail... my partner wrote that she will be mailing right after her vacation, so all seems well on the road to completion for us two. jacie
Old 06-02-2013, 07:32 PM

I have found the perfect fabric, washed it, pressed it, now it is on the cutting table to be cut. I have been in way too much pain today to get much accomplished. I hate it when it is hard to breath.......due to my ribs feeling like they are caving in. But all in all it is a good reminder that I am alive and have to a take it easy when the pain is this bad.

Elisabrat......you take care and do what you need to. DH's can be stubborn on everything.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I am avoiding scrubbing my oven. la la la maybe it will clean itself. Steve just injured his lower leg think he pulled, strained, tore a muscle. he is unable to put any weight on it so momma here is putting ice on it, getting the advil, offered to take him in to the doctors no way no how.. so fine. I guess maybe cleaning the oven is a good idea after all. I did get my two big ugly dead couches out of here and off to the dump. yahooooo... I need to work on a center medallion for a round robin.. still undecided on the fabrics but think I should just wing it before its too late. You should see my house.. omg what a disaster zone. ugh. packing boxes paper, things lots of things all moved into my livingroom and dining room the rest is mostly empty. its so not home like at all. good thing disalienate this place from my heart so there is oodles of room to love the new one its going to be a seriously grand adventure. my last big hurrah.
It will get better. Oven cleaning was never my favorite even though I had a self-cleaning one. Never used that option. We spent most of the weekend cleaning out our double garage which was PACKED. All the shelving collapsed -- we took 4 1/2 feet of water in there -- so there was a huge mess. The adjuster was supposed to have inventoried it all and photographed it but he didn't and a lot of stuff was tossed out. So we fired him and now he is suing us. *sigh* Always an adventure. Yesterday we took the dogs with us and it was so heartbreaking because they were scratching at the back door to get in.

Here is a SMALL section of the mess -- which is covered with inches of mold.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416932[/ATTACH]

Anyway ... working on applique for my partner's runner. Better than digging in mold!
Attached Thumbnails interior-small.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 AM

Ah dear Krystyna, my heart goes out to you. One box at a time, one bit to the dump at a time, I think you would have to turn numb while working on stuff like that. It would be easier than feeling.

Jan I feel the same way.. if I could have ever picked a sister you would have been it. As I grow a bit older I find I am enjoying truly the companionship of a real friend. When I was younger, you need them, then life changed and I need my husband and my children and life got so busy you had friends but more social it was easier now I am settling in and I think how much more empty it would be without you. Love you BIG SIS

I am getting so many wonderful updates on your runners zipping around fabrics! designs! progress!! (make the brat happy tell her you have progress) and this is such a fun vibrant swap a good way to make tiny quilts to share with each other. And the friendships you make along the way are not so bad either. For me they are of tremendous value so talk it up ladies !
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 PM

Krystyna, so sad that life is so hard for you. Must be hard to deal with mold and crappy adjusters. One day at a time and the same to you Linda. Hope DH gets better soon. Moving is no fun at any age. I figure I have two more moves to go. One to a smaller no maintenace type place and then to the nursing home. Hope neither will be for some years down the road. As to my runner which turned into a topper...I have to say that this was a challenge but surprisingly, it turned out really well, I think. Not too sure if it looks like fireworks or not but that was the intention. Working with not so bright colors was certainly not my thing. Got it all quilted today and have to cut out binding and get that sewn on and it will be ready to mail off, hopefully by a week from today. (Other things going on this week...like mow the lawn etc.) Hope MamaH likes it. Excited to see what everyone comes up with. This month will go by fast as they all seem to anymore.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 PM

ok getting marvelous news left and right on runners finished ready to mail! yahooooo.. I thought since my partner is not in this swap I would show you my pics of the quilt for quilters quilt (lots of q's there) I made. I made the top, Jaba quilted it, I bound it and now its off to its new owner. I absolutely love the way it turned out. its square 60x 60 so here I go brag away.. she by the way wanted a quilt that has POP of color and she loved jewel tones.. hope this works for my pal!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417059[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]417060[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails finished-frog-pond.jpg   center-finished-frog-pond.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:08 PM

So sorry Elisabrat that DH is in pain. I agree one day at a time.

That is horrible Krystyna. Prayers coming your way.

I am still hand quilting. Hope to be adding the binding this week end. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Brat, that jeweltone quilt is simply fabulous. What a lucky partner. I do not know how so many of you can get so many quilts done in such a short time. I am lucky if I get two done a year. Guess my life is filled with too many other things but that is good.