Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "A Fall Fantasy" Funky Swap...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Here is an idea, knowing you like chickens, how about a fall background with a chicken on it. Then you get the best of both worlds. That way you can work with both at the same time. Ok, my mind is on overtime.

Just keep moving forward
    I love your thinking.That would be the best of both world's. A chicken playing in the fall leaves......too cute!

Donna, glad you can come join us. Yep, Red is doing the arm twisting....it's not me....I'm too sweet!
    In my quilt lab!

Oh I can just picture that! I am just a short squat old lady. I couldn't do that. LOL! But, I am so glad to see you on the fall thread donna! Yippee!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    What a cute block!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    Here is the start of my first 6 blocks. A pieced and appliqued turkey. I need to add the last set of borders when I finish the details of its face. It will be a 12 /2" blocks when it is finished. You like??
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to hold off about doing more swaps for the time being (the key word being "trying"! LOL!), but I have a thought. Since there's a separate Halloween swap going already, why not make this swap fall-themed only, with no Halloween blocks? That way those who celebrate Halloween can join the Halloween swap, and those wanting just fall-themed blocks can join this one. And those who enjoy both, can join both swaps!

Just an idea I thought I'd toss out.

I've got a number of UFO's I'm trying to work on, too. I know all too well about doing so many swaps that there's not much time for anything else! Heck, I've got a pile of swap blocks that's over TWO FEET TALL that I *still* haven't done anything with. Isn't that pathetic?
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Red, I love your turkey! I'm pretty sure I have a similar pattern to yours. Love it!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I've found all my designs this morning.
    They are going to be great!
    In my quilt lab!

Banned
    Ok I think I'll join this one and probably the fun and funky chicken swap as well This is my first time swapping so I'm very excited! I think I'll do either do 2-3 sets I haven't decided yet for sure it depends on how many I end up making. I'm excited!!!

[QUOTE=moonrise;5268739]I'm trying to hold off about doing more swaps for the time being (the key word being "trying"! LOL!), but I have a thought. Since there's a separate Halloween swap going already, why not make this swap fall-themed only, with no Halloween blocks? That way those who celebrate Halloween can join the Halloween swap, and those wanting just fall-themed blocks can join this one. And those who enjoy both, can join both swaps!

Hi moonrise!
    I know what you are saying and I agree. I don't know why I mentioned the halloween except that it is in the fall. It really isn't taking priority on this swap. THis one is all about fall. We would love to have you if you are wanting some fun fall blocks and to join in the banter on the thread.

Red
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Red, I love your turkey! I'm pretty sure I have a similar pattern to yours. Love it!
    Hi rwquilts,
    I bought this one from a gal on the board. It is a pattern and tool by elenore burns. Kinda fun to make really. LOL.. Thanks for the compliment :~) makes me smile...

Red
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    There we all go twisting some more arms. The doctor bills are going to be high the next couple of months. We need to get out the sombra gel (icy hot) and do some application.

Red I think that turkey is so adorable.

Ms. Grace, wow, you are quick!

Ahh, Moonrise, you have a couple of months to get those other swaps sewn up while thinking of what to make for this one then you can join on in.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden View Post
    Ok I think I'll join this one and probably the fun and funky chicken swap as well This is my first time swapping so I'm very excited! I think I'll do either do 2-3 sets I haven't decided yet for sure it depends on how many I end up making. I'm excited!!!
    Woo Hoo Homespun!
    Glad to have you for the swap. Have fun with your blocks and share with us if you can.

Red
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Ms Grace,

I am so excited you found all of your blocks! I started looking around and was so inspired! I cut out the squirrels yesterday. They are adorable if you ask me. I will show and tell as soon as I finish them up! Shopping today with my sis though. Have fun with your blocks!
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Oh OH OH OH OH, I have to have a squirrel block or I am not playing!! They are one of my favorite parts of entertainment at my office. You just have to make me one. (Stamp foot hard and hands on hip with demanding pout lip)

Blog Entries
    HA HA!!!
    One of the blocks I'm am doing has a squirrel on it.
    In my quilt lab!

Great! I think squirrels are wonderful for this swap! I will make one just for you quiltermomma. Don't pout, gottsya covered! I cut out eight of them.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Here's the design pack I bought this morning for the swap.

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Product...roductID=X6925

I thought they would be great.
    The hard part will be deciding which ones to use.
    In my quilt lab!

Banned
    I am so excited! I have a lot of ideas! I'm thinking leaves, trees, hot cider/tea...it's going to be such a fun swap!

Blog Entries
    I have that design pack Ms. Grace. Now that brings ideas for the funky chicken swap because I have some blackwork chickens that will work great for it and then I can clean out a UFO with them. Whoo Hoo, two birds with one stone, oops, that is six birds with one stone. Ahhhh, I feel better already, I have a set done for another swap.

Oh, you can give me one of those squirrels as well so I have two of them. I think this fall swap qill go in my office for the season.

Blog Entries
    Also, I have a pumpkin pieced block that I made up which will be fun to use. Oh, now here I go, I have to focus on the current swaps that are due and my blocks not finished 100%. They are close, hope I can get my machine to working so I can finish them up while other is embroiderying shoppping flamingos.

Hi All,

I'm a new quilter (took a class about 5 years ago and just pulled my quilt top back out that I made to start working on finishing it). I've also started work on some other quilt tops also.

I had a question about this swap before I joined. Do the blocks have to be something pieced for Fall (such as the turkey that RedGarnett222 did) or can it just be a block with fall colors? I'm looking at some print for the main middle square of my block that has pumpkins on it.

Blog Entries
    Oooooo, that sounds pretty ozone3. Not sure what Red thinks, but I hope that woudl be something acceptable especially if you put a pumpkin the center. Oh how nice, it is still in the fall theme, hey Red, is that right? If that is the case, I know I got some great fabric for that. I could mix my pumpkin fabric and leaf fabric to make a pieced block which would be fun. Oh say yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Banned
    Does this block look like it would be good for this swap? I figure an Fall quilt is not complete without this classic leaf block right? 6 1/2 "

Banned
    oops no pic..hmm...let's try again

Banned
    Here's the pic of my first block
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I have that design pack Ms. Grace. Now that brings ideas for the funky chicken swap because I have some blackwork chickens that will work great for it and then I can clean out a UFO with them. Whoo Hoo, two birds with one stone, oops, that is six birds with one stone. Ahhhh, I feel better already, I have a set done for another swap.

Oh, you can give me one of those squirrels as well so I have two of them. I think this fall swap qill go in my office for the season.
    Need another squirrel do you? You like those big fuzzy rats?
    Just kidding...I like them too.
    We must think alike to have the same design pack.
    In my quilt lab!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast