Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Gzuslivs -- No January Package? Yeah, I'd be a little upset too, make sure Lori knows this! As for the PM's. I'm wondering what is wrong with the board too. I haven't heard anything from my SP either, if she got it or not. She doesn't look at the board for some reason. I'll send her one if she doesn't say something soonly

I hope to see my package soon too! Maybe it is flying its way here now.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Good Morning Ya'll! Hope you're having a good day! Have to share some great news with my quilt board family ... last night I got a call from our Son in Ohio and he said get Dad, Cadence (our 5yr old GD) wanted to Skype with us. Knew something was up as she is a little talker and didn't get on the phone. When we skyped them she is holding up an ultrasound picture and says look Grammy we're having a baby!! LOL! We are so excited! Would love for them to have a boy but are just praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby! My DDin law is 9 weeks and the due date is Sept 20th!

Lori, hope your back is feeling a little better today!

Gzuslivs, (love your screen name by the way, very clever) I agree with Krystyna, that's horrible that you never heard from your Jan. SP, I never heard from mine either and I know she received hers. Oh, well, I guess we just have to let it go, but boy we sure would like to know why??? But hope you have a blessed day today!

Krystyna, hope it works out and you get to hire some help! I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful wherever they decide to have it! I'll post some wedding pics after my DD wedding but the girls are wearing dressy bright pink knee length dresses and cowboy boots and the guys are in black tucks. I know it will be cute!

Congratulations Grandma Darlene !!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Congrats on the new baby!!
No package for me today either oh well.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM

I forgot to put a card in my secret pal package. It is on the return label.
jazs2
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM

So sorry about your back. I had that problem for many years and it's not fun. It's hard to describe to someone that has not experienced it. I hope the problem resolves itself soon. I just hate it when bad things happen to good people and you're the BEST!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=reeskylr;4980603]Gzuslivs -- No January Package? Yeah, I'd be a little upset too, make sure Lori knows this! As for the PM's. I'm wondering what is wrong with the board too. I haven't heard anything from my SP either, if she got it or not. She doesn't look at the board for some reason. I'll send her one if she doesn't say something soonly
I haven't gotten apackage yet this month. The mailman thinks I am stalking him. I sent out two, received PM from one of them, haven't heard from the other. I just hope it got to her since it has been delivered.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
So sorry about your back. I had that problem for many years and it's not fun. It's hard to describe to someone that has not experienced it. I hope the problem resolves itself soon. I just hate it when bad things happen to good people and you're the BEST!!!!!
Yep. Lori is the best! I know all about bad backs. I've had sciatica several times and it was horrible. Also a broken back and toooo much time in a body cast. Not fun.

Darlene, a new baby!!! YAY!!!

And now, on to post pix ...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Swap Hosts

My package from Starshine akaTricia arrived today! What a delight! Again, one of the best parts was the note she enclosed. I do really love getting to know everyone better.

This is the first time for both of us that we were each other's SP! Weird but fun.

Anyway, the darling sent me ... SHOES!!! Not sure if they are Pilgrim shoes or Wicked Witch of the West shoes. They came with some very lovely red and white socks!

There was also a fabulous apron kit in my favorite fabric motif - roses! Sorry it won't be in the photo because it's already in my machine!

Before I get to the other items, the box was bursting with sparkly hearts! At least one must have fluttered onto the floor because my dog, Feeney, sat down next to me ... and as he left I saw a big pink sparkly heart right where I didn't want to pick it off with my bare hand.

Anyway, Tricia knit the most delightful pincushion that I can also keep little snippy scissors in and other little goodies, Extremely yummy dark roast coffee, a bag of candies including those delightful Ohio buckeye chocolates, two quilitng themed fiction books (poor thing! I asked for a quilting mystery book because I thought that's what they were. what a hunt she went on!) including one called the Cat the Quilt and the Corpse! a wonderful vintage holy card with flowers from the holy land, the most delightful St Patrick fabric, and ... BAD GIRL!! - some bug fabric. At least they're smiling! Also some postcards of quilts for inspiration and one for the NQA Quilt Show. Maybe I can come!

Anyway, I just love it all. Tricia was so thoughtful in putting all the pieces together and I really feel blessed. Thank you so much!

Oops! Almost forgot to PM Lori!
Attached Thumbnails shoes.jpg   sparkly-hearts.jpg   feb-2012-starshine-pkg.2.jpg   feb-2012-starshine-pkg.3.jpg   feb-2012-starshine-pkg.jpg  

Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Just opened the door to find a package waiting on me from MDMPanther and Oh what an AWESOME package it is!! There was a stuffed toy for Miss Daisy, three beautiful pieces of fabric, lots of pattern sheets, binding clips, a picture album calendar, notecards, an owl puzzle, an owl eyemask, SMARTIES, a very nice card and last but DEFINATELY not least...two GORGEOUS pair of handmade earrings (Made by her) in two of my favorite colors...one in teal and one in pink! What an awesome package..I love everything and so does Miss Daisy![ATTACH=CONFIG]312548[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]312549[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]312550[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails secret-swap-004-640x480-.jpg   secret-swap-011-640x480-.jpg   secret-swap-012-640x480-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Swap Hosts

Brenda, wonderful package! I just love that little Miss Daisy. What a little stinker. She looks like she's thinking, "Don't even THINK about coming near my toy!"