Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 PM

K~Yours is awesome as well...let me tell you....had to chase her all over the house to get a picture...she thought I was trying to steal it...and of course the one that turns out the best shows how dirty my rug and floor are
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
K~Yours is awesome as well...let me tell you....had to chase her all over the house to get a picture...she thought I was trying to steal it...and of course the one that turns out the best shows how dirty my rug and floor are
Hahaha! Same with my new shoes. All linty with threads and a couple of dog hairs here and there.
I have to add another reason why I'm not crazy about the new "employee" -- I asked her if she was OK with dogs. I said the little one (my Miss Daisy) barks a lot, but I'd give her a treat to give her and she'd go away. WELL, this lady brought her own treats. I do NOT like that because Feeney is sensitive to some treats and throws up! I said as much. Did that stop her? Nope. And she kept chasing Daisy around. My little girl is a rescue and was very fearful when we got her. Chasing her around does not help matters. THEN she had the audacity to tell me how to train her! Excuse me??? How can I train YOU to leave her alone!
While I'm venting ... we were working out per piece prices and she said, well, what do you charge for them? Ahem. None of your beeswax lady. I just said, very calmly, "That's irrelevant." She kept digging to find out where I bought my lace. Online? Here? There? I kept dodging and finally said, "It took me ten years to develop my sources. That is not something I share." Did she get the point? NO. She asked again. I just ignored her.

OK. Done with my rant-o-rama.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Krystyna, love your wicked witch shoes!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Swap Hosts

Ahem. I think they are PILGRIM shoes!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Ahem. I think they are PILGRIM shoes!!!
Sure thing!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:01 PM

OMG Krystyna~ Is "employee" working with you at the house on a regular basis or does she pick up and take it home to work on? HMMMMM......you may have to continue employee search.....aside from being a pain in the butt to work with, you don't need someone stealing your ideas, etc.....
Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM

I just got a great package from my sp BelindaD. Two bags of Werther's and gum. One bag is gone already. I love those things! Kitty notecards and a kitty picture frame, rose petal soap (smells so good), hand cream, a memo pad, 2012 weekly planner, a word find puzzle book and 5 fat quarters in beautiful pastel colors. I think I may use them to make something with my twister tool. The pastels will look real pretty with a white background. She also enclosed a note card and, guess what, I will still be getting a special handmade gift from her. Thanks so much, Belinda, I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails 100_2814.jpg   sp.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
OMG Krystyna~ Is "employee" working with you at the house on a regular basis or does she pick up and take it home to work on? HMMMMM......you may have to continue employee search.....aside from being a pain in the butt to work with, you don't need someone stealing your ideas, etc.....
She is taking them home with her. Otherwise, she would not live to see the end of the day. As for stealing my ideas, she's not smart enough. I know that sounds mean, but truly she is not. We will see what she brings me back tomorrow and depending on the results that might be the end of it.

The product I gave her does not require the mind of a rocket scientist. Essentially, it is a triangle of lace. Trim is attached with a narrow zig zag stitch close enough so there is no raw lace fabric edge hanging on the back. I also had to explain to her several times to be sure to sew on the "good" side - which has over embroidery on it that you can feel with your finger as a raised pattern. Once the three sides are sewn on, I showed her how to mitre the corners. Fold right sides together, visualize a straight line running from the folded line to the needle. Sew a straight line making sure that the scalloped edges of the trim match up. Snip excess leaving a scant 1/4". Then herring bone over the seam. Easy.

It took her close to two hours to do one. I turn out at LEAST five an hour and that's with breaks to post here.

She was also asking me about what else we made. I just said, "Lots of things, but let's just concentrate on this for now."

My head is going to explode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312554[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails exploding-head-3.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Last week I posted that I had received my 1st of three sp packages
but could not post pictures.

Well now that I CAN post the pictures here they are.

I got a wonderful Arizona mug (something besides the Gran Canyon mug I had)
yippee!!!!!!!!!!

And I got some great fabrics, also a travel purse size sewing kit.
And a box of Bigelow assorted herb teas.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312557[/ATTACH]

Again maggy THANK YOU for my awesome sp gift.

HUGS my friend!

Louise
Attached Thumbnails dscn1371-small-.jpg   dscn1372-small-.jpg   dscn1379-small-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Swap Hosts

Nice package, Louise! Can we put orange on your list of loves?

Where is Candi?????