Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM

Everyone has got such wonderful packages this month! Shane and Owen love it when they are around when I get one because they get to help open it. I got Scissors in one package and Shane found them and yells out (about 11:00 at night) SCISSORS! Okay, can give those to me! And I got a mug rug in that package too, with a bird on it (which both of the boys are really into right now), so Shane informed me that was his because it had a bird on it. HA HA!!

I got material of CARS (their absolute favorite movie) once when they both were here. I didn't get to open that box at all, because they were pulling everything out for me and saw the CARS material and went nuts. They grabbed it and were hugging the fabric while jumping up and down while yelling out: CARS! CARS! CARS!! I have never seen two little boys (who were 3 and 4) get so excited before over fabric. Later that night, Owen left for a while, before he left he walks up to me and goes: I will be back for the CARS fabric later! HA HA!!

Last edited by Juli; 02-26-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM

I signed up for the Doll Quilt Swap for the first time sounds like fun.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I signed up for the Doll Quilt Swap for the first time sounds like fun.
I have to do a little juggling around of partners, Queen Lori, so you never know who you'll get ... hahahaha!

On a slightly off topic, last night I really wanted to get out of the house after losing my mind with my snake oil peddling doctor ... so I went to Joann. I needed some serger thread, but decided to take a peek at the Red Dot section. Found a few nice cottons to add to my hoard and took them to the cutting table where I discovered the only worker was the most sour-pussed woman you ever met in your life. In all the time I've been shopping there, I have never seen her crack a smile. Or say thank you. Never. And since I purchase a LOT for my business -- often orders totaling over $400-500 every couple of weeks, you'd think she would be nicer. Anyway, she cut my fabric and I went to the check out. I had a 20% off coupon on my phone. I wasn't buying much, but every bit helps. I looked at the total and it was over $400!!! I almost had an intestinal disembowelment (tryng to be polite here, ladies). After I recovered my composure, the check out lady showed me the ticket. For one piece of fabric which was 3 yards long, she entered 73!!!! This lady is the most unhelpful person on the face of the earth and I was not about to deal with her. She had already refused to sell me two fabrics with confusing skus. She did the same last week, but I demanded that the manager come over so I could make my purchase. This time I marched over to the manager with my husband in tow and said please deal with this. I am leaving before I have a stroke. My dear hubby took care of it all and the final bill was $59. Quite a difference!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM

I was at Joann's last week...hadn't been there for a while but the woman at mine must be sisters with the one at yours Krystyna....I walked over to the cutting table and there were two workers there just standing and no customers around so I set the two bolts of fleece on the cutting and started to speak and the one woman looked at me and said "you need to take a number", I thought she was joking and I "fake laughed" at her and she said "i'm serious, you need to take a number"...at that point the other one looks up at the number board to see what number is up there and then picks up the mic and says "84"...at the same time now I'm pulling my ticket and I said "oh, here ya go, I'm 84" and the first rude snatches the ticket, looks at for like 20 seconds trying to see if I've somehow made this up and gives me a combination of a sigh and a "hrmph"...when I went up to check out, the manager was next to the register and was on the loudspeaker telling someone to help in a department and I said "I think the girls at the cutting table need some help, they are really cranky.....I think she got the message haha
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Swap Hosts

Brenda, are you serious??? Take a number??? You win for cranky Joann employee of the month!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 PM

Is that too funny? I'm thinking people are hiding down the aisles or something, waiting to pop out...
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM

Well here is a positive JoAnn experience. It was a Saturday-I expect their busiest day of the week, and a week they had incredible sales, and great coupons(1 50% off reg., several 40% etc) and one that was either 10 or 20% off entire purchase. I had selected about 6-8 fabrics that needed cut. There were at least 6 ladies doing the cutting at the table, they looked tired, and it was elbow to elbow but they were all pleasant or at least patient with every thing. The wait was about 20 -30 min. to have fabric cut. Then went to look at a few other areas etc. Went to check out and put my cuts on the counter, and didn't see my slip. (Yikes) The cashier who also looked tired (she had been there all day) said she hated to have me have to wait in that line again to have them rewrite my check out ticket, as she had been working the cutting table earlier in the day and knew how busy it was, so she asked me to follow her, she took the stack of fabric to the cutting table area, she found the bolts still there waiting to be put back, didn't have a spare piece of paper so she wrote the sku numbers on her hand and the amounts (they were all either 1/2 or one yard) then took me back to her register to ring me up. I did have a packet of a wet one in my purse, and offered it to her to clean the ink off. It did remove the ink. I was very grateful that I didn't have to wait in line at the cutting table again to get fabric written up and then the cashier line .

Last edited by starshine; 02-27-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM

Default Febuary Package

I recieved a lovely package today from Angel Patti Geise. Some pretty fat quarters, sewing machine needles, pretty thread, a cute little zipper bag just the right size for my purse. A real handy wrist magnetic pin holder, a little led light to put on my keys, a date book and three luscious big dark chocolate candy bars. It was totally unexpected and a nice surprise. It was very nice for an Angel to step in when someone else was unable to follow thru. Lori does such a super job making sure everyone gets a package and gets her Angels to fill in the gaps. This is just the greatest group of gals.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
I recieved a lovely package today from Angel Patti Geise. Some pretty fat quarters, sewing machine needles, pretty thread, a cute little zipper bag just the right size for my purse. A real handy wrist magnetic pin holder, a little led light to put on my keys, a date book and three luscious big dark chocolate candy bars. It was totally unexpected and a nice surprise. It was very nice for an Angel to step in when someone else was unable to follow thru. Lori does such a super job making sure everyone gets a package and gets her Angels to fill in the gaps. This is just the greatest group of gals.
sounds like you had a wonderful angel .
Old 02-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Well here is a positive JoAnn experience. It was a Saturday-I expect their busiest day of the week, and a week they had incredible sales, and great coupons(1 50% off reg., several 40% etc) and one that was either 10 or 20% off entire purchase. I had selected about 6-8 fabrics that needed cut. There were at least 6 ladies doing the cutting at the table, they looked tired, and it was elbow to elbow but they were all pleasant or at least patient with every thing. The wait was about 20 -30 min. to have fabric cut. Then went to look at a few other areas etc. Went to check out and put my cuts on the counter, and didn't see my slip. (Yikes) The cashier who also looked tired (she had been there all day) said she hated to have me have to wait in that line again to have them rewrite my check out ticket, as she had been working the cutting table earlier in the day and knew how busy it was, so she asked me to follow her, she took the stack of fabric to the cutting table area, she found the bolts still there waiting to be put back, didn't have a spare piece of paper so she wrote the sku numbers on her hand and the amounts (they were all either 1/2 or one yard) then took me back to her register to ring me up. I did have a packet of a wet one in my purse, and offered it to her to clean the ink off. It did remove the ink. I was very grateful that I didn't have to wait in line at the cutting table again to get fabric written up and then the cashier line .
Love hearing positive things about the clerks in the Material departments in stores.... Gail and I had a good one last week, we were buying material for our Ladybug project and the gal even figured out how much each one of us would owe for our 1/2 yard... There are some really great clerks... just smile and maybe that will help them smile back...