Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >

February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Good news, we didnt lose power but to the south of us about 20 miles they did. We have lots of sleet on the ground, now its snowing and they are calling for4 4-7 inches. We hardly ever get snow let alone 2 times with in a month of each other. Oh well I have my partner and the pattern already picked out and I have the fabric. Going to get started on it today since it has to fly across the border. Thanks for having me.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Terri I have no doubts that I will LOVE what you make for me . I just hope that you are not disappointed since I am far less talented as most of the people here. My husband has remodled my sewing space with new cabinets and my sewing machine a (brother that embroidery and sews went on the blink are should I say I tried to repair a pair of blue jeans for my husband and a piece of the machine flew across the room...lol but not funny then... Took the machine 100 miles away to Savannah to have it repaired and the man said I have to order the part.........MEANWHILE,,,]]]]////// He shows me a Janome 6600 and I drool drool. Left without the machine and when I had to take husband back to Sav to airport he made a quick stop and bought me the machine,,,...) Now I have no excuse for not becoming good at this quilting since I have a space cabinets and Machime...lol.... The sad part is I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THE MACHINE CAUSE WHAT IF I TEAR IT UP...OMG. Sorry for rambling just do not want to dissapoint you myself are him.. Teresa
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by tslowery
. . .The sad part is I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THE MACHINE CAUSE WHAT IF I TEAR IT UP...OMG. Sorry for rambling just do not want to dissapoint you myself are him.. Teresa
It's like getting a new car, you are always afraid that you are going to wreck it. But usually you don't. So just go ahead and sew, what if you don't tear up your machine, but instead you find it was exactly what you needed to develop your quilting skills? A small doll quilt is a perfect way to try it out. You can try out all of its features to see which ones you love.
Good luck with it, and enjoy your new machine.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by laparshall
It seems as though I accidentally marked one of the "new posting on a thread" e-mail's as spam, so Admin has been blocked from ever sending e-mails to my address, using that provider. I had to change to an different e-mail provider, and then went into my profile and changed my e-mail address. Now I am receiving e-mails from the board again. Boy, one wrong click of the mouse, and I had a real mess. Yikes!!!
Linda

Linda, you didn't have to go through all that. There is always a way to go into your options menu and see what you have marked as spam and unmark it. Sorry!!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Terri I have no doubts that I will LOVE what you make for me . I just hope that you are not disappointed since I am far less talented as most of the people here. My husband has remodled my sewing space with new cabinets and my sewing machine a (brother that embroidery and sews went on the blink are should I say I tried to repair a pair of blue jeans for my husband and a piece of the machine flew across the room...lol but not funny then... Took the machine 100 miles away to Savannah to have it repaired and the man said I have to order the part.........MEANWHILE,,,]]]]////// He shows me a Janome 6600 and I drool drool. Left without the machine and when I had to take husband back to Sav to airport he made a quick stop and bought me the machine,,,...) Now I have no excuse for not becoming good at this quilting since I have a space cabinets and Machime...lol.... The sad part is I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THE MACHINE CAUSE WHAT IF I TEAR IT UP...OMG. Sorry for rambling just do not want to dissapoint you myself are him.. Teresa
Teresa Do you love the look of the fabric? Do you drool over quilt designs? Then the only way to make your quilt happen is to dive in! You need to take a deep breath decide on your design and lay out your fabric!! Then just enjoy the process!! After you get started you will enjoy making this Doll Quilt! Think positive!! Repeat after me--I will have fun using my new machine!! LOL Just think of your quilt all done and on it's way to your partner!! She will LOVE it no matter what because it is a piece of you she is receiving! We love them all and noone else can do what you do! I love the fact that each quilt I receive has been touched and loved by my partner!! It is a connection like no other between my and my partner. I just love it! Every time I look at my DQ collection I remember the conversations we had and I see the partner that sent me that DQ. It is fabulous to have them!! Your skill is not the major component in these quilts love is!!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Excuse didn't work for my jury summons either -- off to Houston Feb. 10. Maybe I'll get off if I tell them I firmly believe in physical castration. (Capital punishment threat doesn't work in Texas -- they still believe in that.)
Old 01-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Hooray! I got my partner. Sunkistmi, I sent you a PM. I'm already at work on your little quilt.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by laparshall
It seems as though I accidentally marked one of the "new posting on a thread" e-mail's as spam, so Admin has been blocked from ever sending e-mails to my address, using that provider. I had to change to an different e-mail provider, and then went into my profile and changed my e-mail address. Now I am receiving e-mails from the board again. Boy, one wrong click of the mouse, and I had a real mess. Yikes!!!
Linda

Linda, you didn't have to go through all that. There is always a way to go into your options menu and see what you have marked as spam and unmark it. Sorry!!
Being somewhat technologically challenged, I had no idea what to do. Thank you for responding, I will remember this if it should ever happen again.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Excuse didn't work for my jury summons either -- off to Houston Feb. 10. Maybe I'll get off if I tell them I firmly believe in physical castration. (Capital punishment threat doesn't work in Texas -- they still believe in that.)
I love the puppy in the photo!!! and the blanket on top of her is one of my favorites from when I was little!!!

My god mothers grandmother said the capital punishment thing once when she was called in... it was great!!! They let her go due to that answer!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:47 PM

[quote=Rhonda]
. . . Your skill is not the major component in these quilts love is!!
Rhonda: Nicely put.