February Mini Quilt Swap

Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 AM

Thanks, everyone! You know, my mom doesn't want one! But little does she know that I'm making clocks from the scraps! You can get a decent amount of useable fabric out of a tie, some of them are made out of nasty polyester (the newer ones), and because they are cut on the bias, they have to be stabilized before stitching. But they do turn out gorgeous when pieced together! I use a featherweight fuseable interfacing on the back of the blades, and they stitch up beautifully!
I had bought 18" pillow forms, and then ended up with the Dresden plate being 18", so I need 20" pillow forms now!! I'll have to get a better pic when I have them totally finished.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:47 AM

I love the tie Dresden! I'd hang it on my wall any day!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:06 AM

I like your Dresden Plate and so will your mom. make sure you show us the finished pillows.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Such beautiful minis everyone has made and sent. Nice sneak peek too.

I will get my mini out in the next couple of days. Probably be the last one to get hers sent out, but only an hour or so ago we got power back on. We live in the plateau area of East Tn. and had ice take down many trees. It's been terrible, and they have the Red Cross out helping and the National Guard out helping folks. Many of the counties look like a war zone. We were fortunate that we still had food, water, and heat. We heat with electric, but have a back up gas wall heater for times like this. The biggest issue was not good lighting, and we sleep with c-paps so didn't have that.

Tlambing it looks like we both had some difficult times, but I am also glad we are both safe.

I do apologize for not having my mini out a bit sooner as I usually do, but sometimes things just pop up.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM

My partner and I both mailed our minis to each other today. I can't wait to get mine!
JoAnn a hint is in my avatar.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:10 PM

My swap partner, debbyg, got her swap package today. She asked me to post a picture for her because she hasn't been able to figure out how. (I can only do it because I have teenager's who love to "help" their inept mom) lol. I will post my beautiful mini swap, which I also received from Debby today, in a separate post, once I have taken pictures.

I have to apologize because, for some reason, I thought we were supposed to put sleeves on our mini's. This is what happens when you try to do too many swaps at the same time. lol I am still trying to figure out why I thought that! argh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511362[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_8564.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Oh my gosh, the leprechaun is so stinking cute! He looks just like a guy I used to work with. No kidding.

JuneBillie, no worries at all on getting the mini out. Safety first. I just finished up my other swap tonight (have to take pics and package it. Yours is slated to be quilted out tomorrow. Who knows, yours may make the late afternoon mail?? You and yours take care and stay safe.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 02-23-2015, 07:02 PM

Karen your avatar is beautiful! Can't wait to see the mini!

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
My partner and I both mailed our minis to each other today. I can't wait to get mine!
JoAnn a hint is in my avatar.
-----------------
Debby, the leaprecaun is adorable! Clever mini!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Deb you are a sweet heart for sure.
Now that I am a bit more relaxed tonight, I will address more personally the minis that are gorgeous.

Cheesehead that is a gorgeous mini from letsquilt. I love those colors and stitching. I love that pincushion/needle book set too. Love the fabric you used for them letsquilt.

Letsquilt yours is gorgeous from Cheesehead too, and also lucky. lol... Love those pretty pins and other goodies too.

Quiltjoey lots of pretty stitching in the sneak peek.

MizzMelly your project using those special ties is turning out really nice, and will be treasured.

Patchesnposies that is a very pretty and cute mini quilt. I love the little guys nose. lol...
Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 PM

Not to jump the gun. I don't know the thread rules here. But has anyone mentioned next months theme?