Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM

Ok got it.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:21 PM

OK, I think I finally have a plan in place for my row robin. It is a slightly different concept and I hope nobody minds. I want to do mine of all the same block. To make it the simplest block possible I selected the 10 minute block or bowtie. I will include the instructions with my row so everyone has them when it comes to work on it. Since our row robin is for such a large quilt I decided to go for it for my master bedroom.
I would like to have all bowtie blocks made of blue batiks with the center "knot" of the bowtie to be a white on white print. To get it to match for all blocks I will provide the square of white for everyone to use. I saw a photo of something similar to this in a magazine and it was beautiful. Are my fellow row robin swappers OK with doing my row in the 10 minute block pattern with the center fabric provided? I will include a swatch card of my blue batiks so if you want to purchase your fabric you have a guide for color match. I'm hoping that my concept is very simple and will work for everyone! Let me know if it is a problem. If you haven't made a 10 minute bowtie block before you will find it very easy, I promise!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Sounds good to me I'm up for anything.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
OK, I think I finally have a plan in place for my row robin. It is a slightly different concept and I hope nobody minds. I want to do mine of all the same block. To make it the simplest block possible I selected the 10 minute block or bowtie. I will include the instructions with my row so everyone has them when it comes to work on it. Since our row robin is for such a large quilt I decided to go for it for my master bedroom.
I would like to have all bowtie blocks made of blue batiks with the center "knot" of the bowtie to be a white on white print. To get it to match for all blocks I will provide the square of white for everyone to use. I saw a photo of something similar to this in a magazine and it was beautiful. Are my fellow row robin swappers OK with doing my row in the 10 minute block pattern with the center fabric provided? I will include a swatch card of my blue batiks so if you want to purchase your fabric you have a guide for color match. I'm hoping that my concept is very simple and will work for everyone! Let me know if it is a problem. If you haven't made a 10 minute bowtie block before you will find it very easy, I promise!!!!
That does sound pretty! I can't wait to start on your row.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:02 PM

Kathy: fine with me; but then there will be no surprise on your final quilt :)

It is your quilt and we all want you to love it when it comes back in a year...

one more question do you want it all in shades of blue and all batiks or is there a bit of flex on those 2 criteria?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:56 PM

It sounds like you have covered all the bases - should be fun to work on. I like the idea of doing something different from what I always do.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Yes I do want them to be in shades of blue batik. The surprise on my part will be the different beautiful batiks that will go together to make my blocks!!! I could never find that many blue batiks where I live, and no two stores have the same batiks so it will be fun to see the combinations!

Originally Posted by debe

one more question do you want it all in shades of blue and all batiks or is there a bit of flex on those 2 criteria?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 AM

It sounds like everyone is doing well in getting their personal row/medallion done and having a better idea of what they would like for the rest of us to do on their quilts....

Just a couple of reminders. You need to make sure your row/medallion arrives at your partner's home by the end of April. Also uphold pix of the finished row/medallion to http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104569-1.htm and each of us will add an upload of the row/medallion once we have continued it.

Remember to send a journal for your quilt. I have added both an example from my journal and an example from online in prior posts.

I am cleaning out a lot of UFOs so I have more time to focus on these. I can't wait.

TTYL
Debbie
Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 AM

Yes I do want them to be in shades of blue batik. The surprise on my part will be the different beautiful batiks that will go together to make my blocks!!! I could never find that many blue batiks where I live, and no two stores have the same batiks so it will be fun to see the combinations!

Originally Posted by debe

I hope a little flex will be there, maybe make it a little scrappy? sounds like an interesting challenge, I have not tried that ten minute block yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
Originally Posted by Crafty3790
I have my medalian all cut out.Now to start sewing actually continue sewing.I did a bunch of extra swaps so I have been sewing.Not as much as I want I had pnemonia which the medicine wasnt working so they gave me steriods and that makes my heart go nuts so they gave me a beta blocker.I feel better just very weak.I cut stuff then lay down.But I dont let it stop me need to keep from getting bored.
I hope you feel better soon. I hate taking steriods. I feel like I can't do anything. My hands are so shaky when I'm them and I stay up all night.

I've been working on my row this past weekend. I have 3 blocks done and plan to finish the rest by the end of the week.
I, too, hope you are better, crafty. Sorry I have been out of town and have not looked at this thread lately. I got my strip almost done and had to leave for a trip. I was really torn, wanted to stay home and sew.

:? :? :? :? :?