Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 AM

HI Patti! I am making a 4th set of 3.5 blocks! I just can't help myself! I am addicted to chickens!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Jljack....even IF someone makes the same block, it won't matter....all the fabrics are different..they are ALL fun and since the sets are small, the chances of a dup are really tiny.

April....when I counted the list on the activities page last night, I counted 50 sets...so its kinda of hard to say. The sets are only 6 each, so I can't guarantee that you will get 1 of each...there are a few people who are trying...but if there are more than 5 who make that many...ummm.....it won't workout in my teeny tiny brain. :roll:
I used to do a very similar swap for scrapbooking and I know it can be hard to work this one out, your best plan is to line everything up and just go down the rows ….. LOL Easier said than done! I won’t complain if I end up with a bunch of my own blocks back, I know it’s hard enough to swap these ….. But I think those of us sending a lot of chickens will just end up with a lot of each other’s blocks!! :) Which is fine by me!

If I haven’t already said it, thanks so much for organizing this swap, I know how hard it is to swap this style of swap (much easier to do a 12 participant, make 12 blocks type), so THANK YOU!! I really look forward to seeing my whole flock once everything is done and swapped!

(Oh and if you are in the New England area, I’d be happy to come by and help you herd the chicks ….. :))

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 AM

You are right the more we have of one pattern the better I am only making six of each
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11790.jpe   attachment-11791.jpe   attachment-11792.jpe  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM

76 and counting, those are great! I'm especially happy to see Flappin. He's my favorite pattern. :mrgreen:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 PM

76 those are awesome chickens!

Going back through the pages and checking out all these great chickens is really exciting! WOW! What a fantastic hen house these blocks are gonna make! I am thinking of designing a barn quilt and filling it with chicks! Maybe through in a cow and a horse!

I really hope not to get my own back because I made myself one of each. Being my first swap I didn't realize that could happen....oh well they can go into a matching floorquilt!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 PM

Great funky chickens from 76! Love 'em.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Athena...thats what my plan is....lay them all out and then recruit DH to guide and direct...he is very good at that!

76...those are great looking chickens..I love your fabs...

Tues....Your chickens flew in today!!!! They are all great! I'll take pics of the entire flock when they are all in...I can't wait to see them all!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
Going back through the pages and checking out all these great chickens is really exciting! WOW! What a fantastic hen house these blocks are gonna make! I am thinking of designing a barn quilt and filling it with chicks! Maybe through in a cow and a horse!
Are most people going to be laying these out as a hen house in their final design?

I've got a fabric to use for this which I really like, but dont want to cut up too much. I was toying with the idea of surrounding it with a wood effect fabric and making it into a henhouse block, but then it may result in a hen house in a hen house in some people quilts?

Otherwise if I post a picture of the fabric can I get suggestions for what to do...
Old 02-19-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
Originally Posted by Karen
Are most people going to be laying these out as a hen house in their final design?

I've got a fabric to use for this which I really like, but dont want to cut up too much. I was toying with the idea of surrounding it with a wood effect fabric and making it into a henhouse block, but then it may result in a hen house in a hen house in some people quilts?

Otherwise if I post a picture of the fabric can I get suggestions for what to do...
We'd love to see your fabric!! I plan on just abutting the blocks next to each other and fitting them in together like a puzzle. I'll make my own blocks to fill in where I need to as well. I think sashing them would be too hard since they are gonna be all different sizes.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 AM

Well this is the Funky Chicken fabric I bought... Just not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13739.jpe