Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 PM

Rachel I am looking forward to the cookies!! Do we get the chocolate milk to go with!!

I got some really funky new fabric!! I can't hardly wait to make houses from it!!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
I want to sign up and make a whole pile of these blocks! Do we have to tell you how many, exactly?
You don't have to, but if people want to tell me, I will post it on the activity page so we can get a feel for what is being made. That seemed to work well in the Funky Chicken swap.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 AM

Sadly I just ran out of milk, someone else will have to bring that along!!

Rachel
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 AM

I think the small ones are great!!! Personally I don't get into wall hangings and I'll probably make my blocks larger for the exchange but if I receive small ones back I might use them as centers for log cabins and go from there. I wanted to start on them today but I found out that none of the other mothers are going to the school to help with the Easter party so I'm going to trot my old self out there. Okay, my trotting days have fallen by the wayside but I'm going anyway. LOL
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I think the small ones are great!!! Personally I don't get into wall hangings and I'll probably make my blocks larger for the exchange but if I receive small ones back I might use them as centers for log cabins and go from there. I wanted to start on them today but I found out that none of the other mothers are going to the school to help with the Easter party so I'm going to trot my old self out there. Okay, my trotting days have fallen by the wayside but I'm going anyway. LOL
Hope you have fun at the Easter Party today!

So far as the small blocks go, if you want to put the house quilt together like a puzzle, since the blocks are being built in multiples of 3, the smaller 3” blocks will help you fill in spaces. I will post my chicken blocks when I get them and put them together so you can get an idea of how it would all work together. It’s a lot of fun and creates a neat looking quilt!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 03-31-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by raptureready
Hope you have fun at the Easter Party today!

So far as the small blocks go, if you want to put the house quilt together like a puzzle, since the blocks are being built in multiples of 3, the smaller 3” blocks will help you fill in spaces. I will post my chicken blocks when I get them and put them together so you can get an idea of how it would all work together. It’s a lot of fun and creates a neat looking quilt!

Cheers!
Rachel
Thank you so much. I've known how to piece since I was a child (it's what we did when we were snowed in and that was often in the winter) but I didn't really get into quilting until just a few years ago. So far most of what I've done has been fairly traditional and this is virgin territory for me so I need all the help I can get.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 AM

Quick question:

I'm assuming that there's an ALL COTTON fabric requirement, right?

the other question is Pre-wash or not?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

duh duh duh duh da....*Funky Town!!*

Gotta maka a move to a town thats right for me
Town to keep me movin
Keep me groovin with some energy

Won't you take me to Funkytown!

*as she sings loudly and very off key as she continues to dig through her stash*
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

Do you have any background color preferences for this swap Rachel?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Do you have any background color preferences for this swap Rachel?
Nah ….. so long as your house looks like a house (and not one big sky like my test one!! :)) I’m good. I think all the differences will make the quilt all that funkier!

Now I personally prefer a light background and a darker house, but that is solely my own personal preference, and swappers can do whatever they feel works with their fabrics and creativity.

Cheers!
Rachel