Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Look at this great mug rug I just received from Trish b! I love it, it's so beautiful! I hope the picture shows up right-side-up this time. The quilting is so great, the back is a work of art all by itself! Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the back, so you'll just have to trust me.
That tree mug rug is gorgeous. Such beautiful artistic work. Love the kitty too, and all of them beautiful mug rugs. Such talent.

Pretty sneak peek Kiffie. Pretty colors.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-22-2014, 07:58 AM

I tried to post a photo of the swap I sent Brenda and found that I couldn't. I took the picture with my camera and found that I couldn't load it onto my new computer (long story, don't ask!). I have to take a photo with my iPad and load from that. I tried but no picture, I forgot to take one with the iPad!
I am hoping that next year is better then this one has been! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:21 AM

I opened my package last week. The week before Christmas break is always so chaotic so i couldn't get to post until now. i got a nice package from hairquilt. The mugmat is made with selvages. What a clever idea! She did it in a way that they form a heart and it's out of Christmas material. Thank you hairquilt. i love it!

p.s. the binding is fantastic! I will be sending you my quilts to bind from now on.

Last edited by quilterjody; 12-22-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:00 AM

good morning sunshines! the pictures are amazing. I am in awe over the lovely things that each of you has made. not everyone has the photo ability and for that forgive them. It happens. If you took a picture and they have not posted by now go ahead and post today! its ok. they will understand. some people are also shy of writing here. I was told it feels like a little click ? I think we are all open to talking to anyone who writes so do jump in if not this time do it next time. soon you will feel friends with us all. we are a good group btw and are open to talking with anyone who posts. sometimes people forget to write about a post doesn't mean we didn't see it. and the next one will surely get attention so keep trying. honest!

I got grand news last night. My daughter is now officially engaged! a superb surprise for her, limo, fancy 10 course dinner in winery, trip to top of tower light with Christmas lights to find a bucket with champagne in it.. and an invitation to marriage to a wonderful boy she met in college. I know they are so very happy and me it means.. get this grandkids soon lol. I have been waiting to enjoy those for a long time now. crossing fingers. ok go through the marriage first.

I have decided before get next mug rug swap up and going if you know the rules of the swap (must send, must tell me about receiving etc and you must be a gracious person and know not everyone has top skills we are all learning) then you can sign up if you like by sending a pm for the Valentines day swap. It is a quick turn around due by the end of January to be sent so keep that in mind. I haven't posted it yet thinking Christmas should probably be done first but this gives you a chance to sign up now and work on this perhaps the week after the holiday when well there is not much to do. We will be doing a Valentines mug rug swap where you are welcome to include oh hot chocolate (for linny) and perhaps teas coffees or your partners favorite candy. a treat for a special partner! I have put a folder up and am ready to add names. officially unofficially lol.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:26 AM

Sign me up Brat! Hopefully you won't need an angel but if you do put me on that list too!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 AM

I'd like to be in on the Valentine's Swap, too!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:42 AM

I'm in for Valentine's Swap too
Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Brat,
Congrats to your daughter, and to you...future granny!!

For Valentine's I am fearing I'm going to have to graciously bow out . I have so much here I need to work on. And hubby is having another leg surgery on January 7th.

But, if you end up needing angels to help, you know I will be happy to oblige. (though I don't mind at all being an angel, in name only even, I hope you DON'T need a single one..that everyone sends and receives, Tada!).

Anyone who wants to post, please post!! As Brat says, we're pretty nice folks here, and I'm sorry if it seems clique-ish... I know I don't mean to come across that way, and I'm sure no one else does either.

Regards,
Kif
Old 12-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, I don't think we come across cliquish. I think to new comers, we might seem to 'know each other', so just jump in and get to know us, we're a really fun bunch, and are here to help each other out. If you feel we are that way, I think I speak for everyone here we're so sorry.we just love to to gab and tell each other what we're doing. we're just a fun bunch. I'M IN FOR THE vALENTINES SWAP. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING. GOTTA go get valentines fabric. Made my cosuina quilt for Christmas, and she gave me $50 to go to JA's with. YAHHH, jumping up and down!!!!! gonna go buy fabric.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Hurray I got the okay from our fearless leader to post the picture of what I sent to my secret partner LaQuita. She mentioned she was a big "I Love Lucy' fan so I found that fabric and also a little fob with that logo on it. Sadly, I have not heard if she opened it. It was delivered ok as far as I know but also know she might have some family difficulties so sending her good wishes that all is well and hope she liked her MR's. I made two and forgot to take a picture of the other sides of them. If she ever sees this perhaps she can post pics of reverse sides. Loving all the wonderful goodies everyone is getting and Dwina, an angel told me that your package will be delivered on the 26th so just makes Christmas last one day longer! :-)
Attached Thumbnails 2014-nov.-mr-swap-large-.jpg