Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) >

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM

I'm new... what's a row robin?
Cathy
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 AM

I'm glad you like it Margie. The tiny things surrounded in blue are different sized packages with a little bit of hand embroidery for the bows, and the center is the angel I mentioned putting in, her dress exactly matched the pink from your first row, so I felt like she belonged there, and she is holding a small blue package. If you'll think you'd like something different you can just let me know, I'll have it a little while longer.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:58 AM

Cathy if you go back through this post using the back buttons you can see all the different Rows we've added. Instead of a "Round Robin" where each member adds borders "around", this is a row robin where we each add a row to the one before us. Usually both kinds have 6 or so people in a group, but with a row robin you only have to tie back into one measurement, versus with a Round Robin you have to match up all the way around.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
I'm glad you like it Margie. The tiny things surrounded in blue are different sized packages with a little bit of hand embroidery for the bows, and the center is the angel I mentioned putting in, her dress exactly matched the pink from your first row, so I felt like she belonged there, and she is holding a small blue package. If you'll think you'd like something different you can just let me know, I'll have it a little while longer.
No changes needed, (from what I can see) everything is perfect....couldnt tell what center square is, but I know it is beautiful. Hope I can do as good a job on your quilt.

Margie

your quilt is very quiet...refuses to talk..but I have my ways of making it speak lol
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 AM

Elizabeth,
How can you update the mailing date on this post? Or would it be better to do a new post?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:28 AM

WELCOME CATHY,

I sent you a private message explaining this row robin...the thread is a little long to go through and figure it out...but the pictures are sure worth the time it takes.

I too am a retired RN, also with arthritis in hands....maybe all the hand washing lol.

you will love this board,,,everyone very friendly and helpful. I have just taken quilting up the last few years and am learning a lot.

Margie :)
Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 PM

I have had a really bad 24 hours....I suffered a severe dog bite to my right arm and on way home from the hospital was in a car accident. I am doing ok...HOWEVER, I am not able to work on my row robin...so I am afraid..well, I am almost certain I will not make the deadline. I apologize for this..but sometimes things happen.

Margie
Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM

OH Margie! I hope you take care! {{{{HUGS }}}} What a day you had! :cry:

I'm running late too! :oops: The one I have took the long route to get here and now I need to go buy something to match. I don't have anything in my stash that will go. I am going to town tomorrow so will try to fit a trip to get fabric into the schedule.
I'm going to try to be close to "on time" but I don't want to do a rush job either.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm coming along on my Row, just finished purchasing some fabric that is utterly cute for the snowman theme. I'm having a problem with the 14" blocks, so I made 12 inch and will add borders. Will be out on time, I think. This move has made everything topsy turvy. I just now uncovered my sewing machine, and I really miss it and you all.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM

I've got four of the six blocks completed. Here's hoping I can get to the rest soon. With the weather turning nice, DH needs help setting up his greenhouse, so time is running away with me.... *sigh* why does work have to get in the way of the fun stuff!? LOL