Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM

Cheesehead, you are a very lucky lady. That looks stunning! Nice job Kelly. With just a couple of weeks left, I'm excited to see everyone's surprises, love to see the pics. Mine was mailed to Dabbler but I haven't received yet. Trying to wait very patiently.
Thanks again sikesjj for taking the time and effort to deliver quilts. I'm sure you ladies put some smiles on a few faces.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Well, I'm excited to post pictures of Cheesehead (aka Jan's) beautiful work! I asked for a wall-hanging for my son The Midget who loves Star Wars, Angry Birds, and Legos. He was SO EXCITED to get a package with TWO!!! things (wallhanging and pillow case) in it just for him! Here are some pictures...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415958[/ATTACH]

He said, quote, "I should go put clean sheets on my bed now." So I even win with this... changing sheets is a monthly battle between us

I love stalking some of these swaps and I will say that I love these photos and how excited he is!! That is awesome!!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 PM

what a cute little boy! i used to have two of them then, darnit, the fools grew up! lol. i miss the days of boy shenanigans!
boys are a lot of fun! speaking of boys, everytime i need a break from one thing i turn to sikesjj's project for her son, beau. a little here, a little there and it gets closer to being done! i will be taking a long break, the summer, and will be working on my own projects. i really love swaps but i find i don't do the other projects i have planned. i'll be popping in to say hi and those who want can have my email to keep in touch. but that's later on, just wanted you to know! 8-)
oooo,oooo,ooooo! i just noticed this is post 333, and 3 is my lucky number and there are three of them. woo hoo, gonna have ta get a laottery ticket!
now back to earth! what a great wall hanging and pillowcase! bet someone wants to sleep with the light on so he can see them both. great job!!

Last edited by nancia; 05-29-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 AM

I've been fighting and fighting to try to finish these last 2 blocks for my project. I've done the blocks 4 times each and I've ended up ripping out the applique every time. My machine keeps gathering the backing fabric, no matter what I do. I've adjusted everything I know how to, and it's really ticking me off at this point. I hate to send out anything I'm not happy with, so I'm thinking maybe a design change for those last 2 blocks may be in order....sigh. Fingers crossed, perhaps I can find a newer machine that I like and am willing to pay the price for. I'm still working on the Kenmore mother gave me in 1991 when my ex-husband and I got married. It's been a good machine, but I've noticed it's started to have an inconsistent stitch here & there & only being able to adjust the top thread tension doesn't always fix my problems, like with this applique issue.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 AM

Sounds like you might have a piece of lint in the bobbin case, that can do that on the back. Try cleaning the bobbin case itself and take it out of the machine and get underneath it also. All kinds of stuff can get in there. Don't forget to put just a dab of oil on it after cleaning so it will turn smoothly.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:45 AM

I've already disassembled it on multiple occasions in the last month to clean it out, just in case and 1 times because I had an issue. I think it's just tired, lol. It's putting a cramp in all my projects right now, and I can't have that!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:33 AM

Think a new one is on the agenda, can't have you getting all frustrated now can we?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 PM

I just wanted to take a second and tell everyone that I have only been here 13 months, but I have made the most awesome friends on this site! Quilters care about one another and help each other out so selflessly, and I'm humbled by the friendships I've made here & how much more my quilting friends feel like true friends than most of the people who call me their friend outside of here.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Totally agree with you! Funny how one little hobby can be understood by so many. The ups and downs of life and the joys and frustrations all wrapped together. Sometimes it's someone you will never meet, but you know them so well. We're just on big pen-pal society
Old 06-02-2013, 03:16 PM

I want to join your secret quilt society!! ohh I am a member already???wowsa! not much quilting but big progress today getting two old couches out and to the dump! yahoooooo! easier to see the light so to speak... ok one was up on end blocking the front window so its a literal thing. Tonight I am going all gourmet out... either.. get ready.. hamburgers.. mine with garlic mushrooms.. or hot dogs with all the fixin's. I know I am a wild one. oven is full of oven cleaner I need to now go scrub it out. yippppeeee. oh and while moving the couch down the stairs steve felt a massive instant slam in the back of his calves he thought someone had hit him with a rock or bat. He drops the couch I hear him yell... the other guy is holding his end what.. and he is literally looking all over for a rock that he had to have been hit with that blinding white hot pain? he looks up at me he has blood running down his forehead I think he injured his head turns out when he dropped it he sliced his palm open yooowwwweee and so phew no head injury but maybe hoping just a sprained calve not a torn muscle/ligament. two days he says he will be fine. oh ok. can't hold any weight on it at all currently so up on the table with peas underneath. sure hope that helps some. timing is not grand.