Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM

oh, brat, big hugs to dh! this is exactly when guys get hurt, when they're using different muscles thqn usual and don't warm up first, because they just KNOW they are totally buff and no way would they hurt themselves. strut, strut. not meaning to kick him while he's down, but just sayin'... i may have only been married once, but i have 112 other husbands waiting in the wings. and i hope the cut on his hand is ok. tetanus recently?
it is a lazy day at my house. off and on rainy. and the headache that goes with high humidity and heat. just don't want to do. son called from london. i don't know if he sounds homesick or i just miss him so much that i need him to be homesick. good news is, he will be meeting us in dallas for a week or two! the whole core family together! watch out texas! here we come!! crazier than the bushes, more pink than mary kay! yeee haww!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM

oh here is a pic of my chicken wall hanging I made for the crazy quilt dq swap. i was not into crazy quilts so I figured whats crazier than a chicken.. suntanning? little bottle of oil.. baked not fried I posted my quilt for quilters pics on elisabrats tablerunner swap for those who want a peak at it she hasnt received it yet so cant put it in the forum there YET I made the top, Jaba did the quilting and I bound it and I even mailed it away and shoot that was a keeper too! so check it out go on get over there!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417061[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]417062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails crazy-chicken-brat.jpg   crazy-chicken-2.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 06:59 PM

I love that chicken wall hanging!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM

she is so cute! self-portrait time?? lol! it looks alot like me. i'm turning into a cave dweller. have lost my glasses since last night so that makes me grounded until they turn up! i need new ones, and i need to clean my room, so i guess there is a conspiracy here betcha dh hid them or fed them to the dog, (kitten will chew anything except dog toys, of course. but she doesn't chew furniture)!!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 AM

OK ladies, 2 weeks til shipping time. Is everyone doing OK? It's been a bit quiet in here.

I know I've been quiet too, but I've been mourning the design change in my main project & spending some time with my best friend. Her dad wound up in the ER at 1am with chest pains and shortness of breath. The blood work has been fine, the 2 echoes have been inconclusive, and he keeps putting off the stress test. He's pushing 70 and still acting like he's 30 activity-wise, and I'm not talking about his exercise routine. He still went from the Friday drinks & karaoke with the gang last week, after cancelling the stress test for the 2nd time. My friend is in a tizzy, and her insomnia is in high gear. She has slept about 3 hours in the last 4 days. I haven't talked to her yet this morning, but 4 days is about her usual limit before crash & burn time, so I'm hoping she passed out when she went to bed last night & maybe she's still sleeping now. She spends all that extra time baking cakes and cupcakes she sells and admining an online yardsale, which I help her with.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:48 AM

Dustysmom, let her know its HIS life, he has the right to make choices for himself. Its ok. Is not what she wants but its what he wants right now. There is that song by Vince Gil, threaten me with heaven. She should listen to it. He is going to be who he is and she needs to find a part inside that says ok, that is what he wants let it be. He will go when its his time. no one gets out of this life alive. So fretting over things out of her control is NOT productive nor is it healthy. Sigh, I couldnt understand it when i was sick why everyone was initially in such a panic. It is what it is. Its ok. They all now know my time is like a clock ticking faster than average. So they call me OFTEN, they are not taking today for granted. its all you can do.

ok lecture time over. I will buy some cupcakes and bring them by this afternoon, gimpy loves cupcakes Me not so much. He is still unable to put weight on his leg but he is also not patient either. I give up on that one! I am ready for the holiday sway any idea how you plan to do that one? lol ok the vote is majority holiday so assuming that is how you go what do you think might be the things we will trade? I so need a tree skirt! I need (ha ha) placemats in holiday fabric, I need.. (shoot that makes me laugh).. I need ornaments always and pot holders in red/white and I need.. ok ok give it up. I don't "need" these things but I sure want them!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I so need a tree skirt! I need (ha ha) placemats in holiday fabric, I need.. (shoot that makes me laugh).. I need ornaments always and pot holders in red/white and I need.. ok ok give it up. I don't "need" these things but I sure want them!
Girl, have I got a tree skirt pattern for you! I have 2 actually, if I can put my hands on them this evening. Placemats, girl, that's my 'thing'. That's what got me back sewing actually. Maybe I just need to make you a holiday care package....
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 PM

oh oh oh sugarpie honeybun, your the one for me... I can't help myself.. I want you and no one else... oh wait I want your tree skirt and mats and something else... sugar pie honey.. wait sorry. must have been in a 'brat'moment. I am feeling like a seriously bratty gal right now. for some darned reason. Ok I tried a tiny ice cream tonight. it was a gelato? one of those little cups.. it was called salted carmel. Sounded so good when I bought it. its sickeningly sweet. what was I thinking? I used to love gelato. this tasted like.. ice cream if you ask me. good trick sales team. nothing different in texture and it was .. yucko. so lesson to brat: skip good ideas like that. you dont eat sweets. sigh. I would have been happy happy with some black licorice but noooo.. smack. now if I could only remember when good ideas hit me.

its awfully quiet in my swap too.. maybe graduations, school ending? not sure.. I went through my list tonight and it frightened me how many do not post who are in it. seriously a whole bunch. guess its time to go into wench mode. i hate doing that. how hard is it to post every .. month? shoot. guess that is just me. no one is writing complaining so maybe it is just me.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 AM

Sorry I didn't get with you last night. I got a call that my cousin, who has MS, has taken a turn for the worse. There's a whole lot of really bad decisions there on his part and his mom's, but I will just get angry all over again if I get into it. He was diagnosed 25 years ago, and the life expectancy for someone who is diagnosed as an adult is 10 years. Yet he's adopted 2 children since his diagnosis. One in 1995-1996 as a baby, and another about 2 years ago at age 4.

We lived in the same neighborhood as kids, and I wouldn't say we were close, but we were acutely aware we were related and had a lot of the same friends. His 2nd wife, his 1st ex-wife helped him divorce her because she was abusing him.

Bad situation all around. If I happen to kinda disappear for a few days, bear with me. I feel the need to go visit, in a way, but I fear if I do I'll end up cussing them all out for the lack of medical care and his stupid decisions.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 PM

i have a friend, or should i say had? just a gender thing, maybe someday i'll tell the story, who the day before his 40th b'day, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of the disease. he lost his job, his wife divorced him, and last i knew he was living with his ex-wife in a rapidly running down house . such a tragedy. his sister had it, too, and ended her life. it is an extremely cruel disease! i am sad for your cousin and family. it is so difficult.
ok, brat. have you finished moving? where is dh? has he been to the dr? and when you say "need" does that translate to don't have any, or, i'm tired of the one(s) i have and want something new? let me know when the eagle has landed and where since i have something to send to you. i'm sure you will miss the giant trees and their shelter from the broiling sun, but not the noisy tourists and their 3.5 caterwauling kids ( borrowed a kid from the neighborhood to keep their own kids entertained, I got a lot of vacations from home that way!)
guess we all were busy and/or other things. it feels funny to have just one swap left to finish and then i work on other things for family, etc. i will still pop in to check on , and comment on, what everyone is doing. as soon as i finish beau's project, i'll be making quilts for oklahoma. THEN, a dress or 2 for olivia-lulu, a quilt for my dd and start a quilt for my ddil--i think she would like a lonestar, or other medallion quilt. it's hard to know for sure! i know she doesn't want contemporary or modern. so, i will be busy! and my other project is to learn to long arm! tomorrow i work/play. tonight i sleep! rest well, my friends.

Last edited by nancia; 06-05-2013 at 08:17 PM.