Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM

me me me me me me!! (waving her hand in the air!!) i want the recipe, please (see, i'm using my best ingratiating manners) and i want to try what you made! my raspberries are finally producing fruit. i would eat a telephone book if it had raspberries and chipotle!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM

My brother-in-law loves pepper jelly. I try and find a new gourmet brand each year. It was a lot easier when I lived in a city with a Williams-Sonoma. Anymore, it's sheer luck and begging at the farmer's market to find some. Personally, I have zero desire to eat anything that wiggles, is green, and requires being spread on other food. Gross.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 PM

LOL you heat it up its liquid at that point silly goose then you pour it on the cheese and its delicious!sweet yet hot.. yum and you need to try it girl.. heck you put shrimp and cocktail sauce on cream cheese and eat that (well lots do) what is so bad about a warm peppery liquid over cheese? same dif sauce of some sort on top.. kelly you need to get out more come on over I can convert you promise!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM

It doesn't jiggle Kelly and it's not green so you're safe on that one. Maybe I'll have you for a partner sometime nancia, then I'll have your addy and I'll tuck in a jar to you. Hubby likes the strawberry more than the raspberry....that means another batch tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 PM

You're supposed to use it on meat too, aren't you? I used to make pepper jelly years ago. I actually have some in my kitchen now that my best friend made that's SUPER hot, with no fruit to cut it. Someone special ordered it while she was making regular pepper jelly, so she made a whole batch. I haven't been brave enough to taste it, so it's going to a couple people in Europe who I know will thoroughly appreciate it.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:16 PM

jaba, look through your boom addresses. i think it was boom 8 we were in together. i've got your number, girl! lol
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Must be jalapeno peppers? Can be hot hot!!!! I like hot and spicy but not tooooo hot. OMG I'd be drinking so much water and eating crackers, my self "the balloon" would POP!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:25 PM

remove the jalepeno seeds and just use the flesh of the pepper. very manageable heat. you can throw in a few seeds to step it up. yummmmmmy!
oh, btw, don't touch the seeds with your bare hands. they can burn you.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
jaba, look through your boom addresses. i think it was boom 8 we were in together. i've got your number, girl! lol
That is so funny, serious....last week I was cleaning and I mean cleaning out all these pieces of paper that I had and the little snips of fabric left of peoples fabric - threw it all. I "did" have each and every group from every boom, quilt along, batik blocks, the whole thing since I joined the QB all in separate zip locks. Do you know how much room that takes up? I needed it for new fabric. My sewing space is crowded enough. I have become my worst nightmare, it's called hoarding....those companies are going to quit making it you know??
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM

oh, no! you cast me aside like a used tissue? i am hurt! it will take serious hot jelly or sauce to make amends. pm me for my address when you're ready. ( i don't want to seem pushy, that's why i'm letting you pm me, instead of just pm'ing you. see, i can play nice!) 8-)