Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 07-03-2013, 01:26 AM

Jan we created a monster with my talk on your dressing! recipes ladies recipes! if you can something that is out of the norm let us know! Creativity does not end in the sewing room it appears I love my sisters Georgia spiced peach Jam hence the need for a lug of peaches! ok half a lug .. I want to make some flavored syrup anyone tried that yet? how about canned bbq sauce anyone put up any of that? pickles sound grand especially with horseradish. anything with horseradish is supper in my books. I like making my nose burn and my eyes water. I buy the stuff that is not mixed yet just pure horseradish.. sold to restaurants they add the mayo to bring it down. I eat it the way it comes out of the jar. oh my yes. and for some reason that is not as bad as a super hot pepper.

salsa easy: canned white corn drained, canned rotel tomatos drained (with pepper) and can of black beans. four or five cloves garlic, minced onion, olive oil and fresh lemon juice. on tortilla chips.. yum. I can't eat it very often because of well the canned stuff but it sure is easy and sure tastes good. oh yeah and salt and pepper. first time I had it I was hooked love beans! love corn! love tomatos (a forbidden fruit for me) and well surely without any calories right?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM

I won't sue you nancia, just wanted you to know you made me giggle. no no and more no's for the horseradish, awful stuff brat! Where did you learn to like that?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I love hot wings - tomorrow is 'Wing Wednesday' at one of the local watering holes and they sell their wings for fifty cents a piece - hot, sweet hot, bourbon glazed, plain - yum. There is a restaurant in Owatonna that sells hot wings that are so hot most can't eat them - what a waste of good wings; I like spicy but not five alarm hot.
I grew up in Buffalo, NY. No wings will ever be good enough for me now. I'm spoiled.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:43 AM

i know, jaba. i took it as it was meant, in fun. it does get a little frustrating that my fingers aren't always in my control, but like everything else, i deal with it. the worst was my husband telling me i didn't have to keep hitting the key. like i could stop it! i always wanted to tap dance, just not with my fingers, lol. oh, and i'm not a woose, i meant to say 7out of 10 for heat. brat, you sound like 10 out of 10! i like spice, some heat but mostly flavor. like tikka masala, wonderful full flavor, no heat. i'll try almost anything once, with the exception of things like eel(shudder), and bugs. my dh has had rattlesnake, tasted like chicken, so why bother? just eat chicken! lol. same with alligator. there was a wonderful restaurant in dallas owned by stephen pyles. great food, different ingredients. the only way i could eat it was to forget what it was. tasted great! but i know i wouldn't eat it if i knew what i was eating! lol. the mind is a powerful tool!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Ok I married a man who ate sushi all the time and they used wasabi paste straight up. I don't eat sushi but we went in search of the hottest horse radish you could get. I tried many those beaver one? oh my what a joke not hot at all. I love a tiny bit on my steak it just .. perks it up a bit. My kids grew up eating it too and are spoiled like me. Straight up or its no good to them LOL at 6 or 7 they learned to love it evil mom right? here kids have some burn your face off horse radish! they were eating mussels and clams and all veggies from the time they could eat. Momma didnt eat half of it but said I was full they figured I made it Papa loved it so it must be good. lucky me.

ok since we are on a food roll: what is on your fourth of July Menu? I am defrosting chicken breasts so I think I might marinade it in the stuff Jan and I made the other day and q it... fresh spinach salad and ....
Old 07-03-2013, 06:51 PM

We just finished with our fish fry - I took a little nap - I was up late last night finishing a project and basically had a nap before going to work this morning; picked my daughter up from her house and gave her a ride to the community street dance and will go back and get her at midnight or 1:00 - NO DRINKING AND DRIVING!!! For the past three years we have attended my ex husbands family Red-Neck Cook-off; it's a lot of fun - grillers make something spectacular and everyone votes for their favorite - the winner gets to take home the traveling trophy and also hosts the event at their home the following year. We will miss this years festivities as Brian's daughter and girls will be in town for night out having pizza and going to fireworks. It will still be a fun day. My daughter-in-law, Tany, is walking in the community parade so we'll go watch that and the remainder of the weekend is mine to do what I want - NOTHING BUT REST AND RELAX - no work on Friday.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:43 AM

oh that sounds like a nice holiday Dabbler. Happy 4th of July ya' all! Today is clinic, napping and maybe some sewing too. a peaceful day just what the doctor ordered. I am happy to report the air conditioner is cooling the house down a bit. well in the bedroom a whole heck of a lot! yahooooo!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM

I'm not a pickle person. Wings I am into though! OMG lemon pepper wings are to die for when they're done right! There's a place here called Willie's Wings. They're a tiny little takeout/delivery place with no tables, and you have to drive through a church parking lot to get to their entrance because it's in a little side building behind a 5 business, 1 row of parking, roadside strip. They aren't cheap (ranging from $8 for 12 to $57 for 100, their largest pack), so the owner must be making a killing. They're always busy. Of course, it's a college town, so there are party staples that always have to be available, and wings are one of them. We used to have a Hooters years ago, but it has been gone a long time, with lots of rumors as to why. There's only a few places in town that do party packs of wings & Willie's is my favorite!

Good thing I got my wing fix a few days ago or I might have to have some again this weekend!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 PM

OH LUCKY ME! DH came home with a present for me today. In the past these wonders have included rattlesnake skins, squirrel skulls, oodles of roadside rocks he found interesting, feathers all sorts of wonderful things. Today was no different! he said he saw this hand carved wooden rocking horse he wanted to get me but he decided on the..beaver pelt. oh yes the beaver pelt. yeeehaaa and yahooo...I just wonder what else I might be receiving in the future. so next time your man brings you the same old flowers .. take them and give him a fat kiss. it could be...
Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Oh my goodness! Yeah, it could be one of those, lol. No danger of that happening here. I did get a series of comic books which are the source of my name though. One just because and the other 2 volumes for mother's day. Each volume has 7 editions of the comic book in it. That was probably the most "off the wall" thing he's ever gotten me. But even that wasn't 100% unexpected. No matter how many times I've told people, since we've known one another, about the origin of my name, it wasn't until a few months ago that he said "hmm, I never knew that." The guy quickly replied with "Well the next time that you need a gift, you know what to get her!" A couple weeks later, the first book showed up. Yep, I cried. Not because it was just because or because he gave it to me, but because it was a tie with my dad that I wasn't able to make before he died. It hit me like a brick.

I sure hope you didn't react like that over the beaver pelt!