Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM

I would perfer to wait on a new swap until after the summer is over, just my opinion.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM

My thought was to make the deadline for shipping in September, so we are past summer and everyone's back in the fall routine.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:46 PM

If any of you are looking for a low-maintenance swap... we've got a new round robin starting soon. I am the newly minted unofficial manager and so I'm going to pimp the program. Come join us. It'll be round-tastic!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:57 PM

hey I am in that swap!!! I think that it will be a fun one, not too over paced for those with limited time. Sikesjj I finally got your batting lots of issues with the mail to, first not to a PO box then they get the mail to they send it to a half po half mail to and once again it goes back to the manufacturer then when resent it went to.. MY OLD ADDRESS so here it is. do you still need it? I am so sorry I truly had nothing to do with the mess ups. so much for amazon and free mailings. sheesh.

Nancia very pretty love the summer colors you chose! Dustysmomma that vase is very pretty. I think the thought that came with it would make me love it the most too. i think lots of people are resting from swaps through probably JUlY. I am not starting mine again til Sept. I need a break too! ok I signed up for a bunch of stuff because I like to sew all the time. I am very happy with your holiday theme however
Old 07-01-2013, 04:10 AM

I know you're happy with the holiday theme, you little campaigner! I think by making it any holiday for any room, maybe it won't all be fall and Christmas. I don't decorate my house for holidays, so I've no idea what to ask for. Maybe I should pick some festive Caribbean holiday and ask for some potholders. Mine are down to the batting in several places. Evidently Dusty caught one of them on fire recently too. (New potholders would be for Momma only!)

I'll have to go find that swap you guys are talking about. MamaHauser, feel free to post a link! I'm going to have to find some kind of trouble to get into until the fall swaps start up again.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 AM

i have nearly finished the turning 25 (yeah, i'm an over-achiever. lol). just need to put the borders on. this is a very fast quilt and it lends itself to lots of variation. the hardest part is the cutting/ i went off to grann's without the pattern and had to rely on my memory--my what? but i got the numbers right! mostly.i will post a picture or 2 soon.
i'm with you, d'sm. i don't decorate for the holidays either-- oh, i might have a few holiday scraps thrown around but no one would think that was decorating. august will be spent as my grande tour of texas and i doubt i will get much more done, altho' i am open to the possibility of stitching something small--maybe your pot holders, d'sm. 8-) something that can be done with scissors and no pins (small children and a cat.) ( oh, don't worry, sikesjj! the cat is in a separate home and i won't see him till the last week of my visit.) i'm hoping to meet up with a couple of quilters while i'm there. this board has the nicest people on it! and i feel like wherever i go there's a touch of home and friendly voices!
i have loaded my nook and both computers with titles from barnes and nobles and am ready to read into the night! o will have to do without this grumpy grammi in the mornings! i'm only up today because the guy is coming to measure the yard for the fence. new guy, new estimate. i just want to get it done! i'm tired of looking at the old bed spring holding up one section ( and cleverlt tied to the others with clothesline. really? aw, come on! it's right next to the still and the privy. sheesh!!
anyhoo. d'sm, i would be happy to enter into a little side thing with you and exchange pot holders. mine disappear ( probably in that place with all the single socks!lol) so let me know what colors/theme. i'm going back to sleep til that guy gets here. who thought of putting morning at the bedinning of the day? bad idea, very bad! morning belongs at the end of the day when i'm sleeping!!
i'll be bach ! ( you can be mozart.)
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 AM

I think you guys who dont do holidays could ask your partner for say a specific set of colors say give three every single holiday I can think of is based on colors anyway. If you dont want valentines but like red white doesnt that still work? also seasons are like holidays so maybe spring or fall or winter works? and I think it should be like in the dq swap check it out you can chose to follow the theme or another one of your partners choice as long as you both agree on it. see that works! I just want something with a holiday theme because well I like the variety holidays give the house so nothing is every the same. and I just ordered a bunch of tropical fabric as mine was depleted a swap or two ago. there is a woman here who is selling hers for 3.00 a yard! and she has a ton she hasnt posted yet three bags worth btw. just saying.. a deal and a half and its pretty stuff. goes super quick if you like that stuff you might pm her and tell her you are looking for say red tropical or blue she will send you pics

ok onto life Jan and I are cooking up a something today. memory cramp sorry Jan! I am thinking it has chipotle and maybe raspberries or did she say rhubarb? in it. whatever it is it will be good to be sure. She does everything well that bigger BRAT than I am. How to feel inferior in two easy seconds!! lol. good thing I love her. I would otherwise avoid her like the plague nothing like knowing your with someone who does everything great. sigh... but she is now my teacher and I am a very willing to learn student. plus she is patient with me when I forget everything. this is a tremendous bonus.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM

i may need to come over and take notes. sometimes i'm just not that proficient. besides, i love watching other people work!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Well come on nancia, there's room. Do everything well......please, I don't think so. Brat can put all these spices together and it tastes fantastic, me gees I have to look it up on the internet to see what goes with what. We made 6 batches of raspberry chipolte sauce today. It is so good, perfect on pork and chicken, sorry all but it really is good. Thanks for all the help and assist brat.

Last edited by jaba; 07-01-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:15 PM

help? she made me watch honest (wink) she was worried I might change things up. I have already found a recipe that is similar but diff looks more like a compote/jam so will try that one too.. see what you started Jan? It calls for pectin but I think half a box would make it the 'right' consistancy more like this stuff from CA and it has GARLIC added to it just enough to make it more savory but still very sweet and spicy.. ok we have to try it Jan. we will be drowning in this stuff. any takers?