Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 AM

Well day two of my grand adventure started out with El Grumpo being a grizzly bear. I don't think anyone could snarl so much and still be able to smile later but its true! We made it out of Utah by 9. The city has a bit of a .. sulfer odor to it from the waters so heading out and up into the hills was a nice change up. The town of Provo is absolutely beautiful. I can honestly say it was a long long drive but I have seen so much it was worth it. Leaving Utah we went up this monsterous grade to the altitude of 8,500 feet! the truck was super thrilled to be heading up that hill pulling a uhaul. We have an F150 and it was a good work horse but sometimes it just was more like being in the "little engine that could" it did the think I can , think I can.. we hit a whopping 45 miles an hour at that point. I was thinking ah hell we will be pushing it up this hill if it goes any slower! Then we cross the great divide and left me tell you.. there is this amazing absolutely stunning view that comes in on the left side there, RED! ORANGE! Gold! cliff sides as the canyon/ravine shows up just like something you would expect in say Arizona? but here it is in Wyoming, then on the other side of that is this green slope. The earth had lifted up with such force there so many many years ago its just.. a well a marvel to see the vast contrast.. if you love scenery this is it for you. stunning. The drive into Cody was very pleasant, the kitties took a sweet nap (oh yes) and we both were pretty silent just taking it all in. Its rolling soft country here surrounded by mountains (not huge ones) and the river is just at the end of the street. Jan and her DH are such gracious host's and served up a well enjoyed home cooked meal. I have been craving a home cooked meal for a week now. Boy that hit it on the spot! I am sitting leisurely drinking coffee and soon to jump into a shower so we can go start the day unpacking! yipppeee!!

Morning to you all! Photos coming shortly!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 AM

HELLO LADIES I HAVE NOT BEEN SWALLOWED UP BY MY FABRIC STASH--- I AM WORKING ON IT (the table runner) , DOING HAND QUILTING, I HAVE 5 flowers to quilt then the binding then it is done, the wall hanging is done if u want preview pics let me know i can post them, i have them, so just post here if u want to see pics of them ,
Old 06-24-2013, 06:01 AM

So happy you arrived safely - thank you jaba for posting photo of the pillow covers and the runner you made and sent me - I have the runner sitting in my bay window and have all kinds of stuff sitting on it and the pillows are well used - we like to stretch out on the sofa and sometimes unintentionally we doze off; that happens a lot at our house lately with all the crazy weather we've been having. We are running on sleep depravation - Mr. Beasley, our big dog, is terrified of thunder and lightning - I'm not a fan of doggie downers so refuse to start him on meds if they're not necessary; we'll get by as the storms pass but this season has been a month of thunder and lightning.

Had a very relaxing day yesterday - went to see one of my friends in the cities and her and her fella live on the lake so had a nice long boat ride tour of the lake - homes were spectacular - after our boat ride we cooked homemade pizza on the grille and then went to see the play Joseph and the Amazing Technocolor Dreamcoat; it was the perfect day spent with friends.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM

d'sm-- any chance they are the singing members of brat's entourage?? they are busy tormenting her with the epic song of paula dean's civil wars in the south-- did i have to go there? oh, yes, i did! and evidently, so did the cats. i feel sorry for all involved, but especially brat!
many years ago we moved from the northeast to the southwest. i had the car with all the noisemakers-- a teething baby and a cat who thought she was a civil defense siren. the third day into the trip i discovered i could tether her to her carrier (a super large one for a cat) and she rode the rest of the way as cleopatra on her barge, waving her tail to her public from the top of the carrier, and saints be praised, utterly silent. my husband drove the truck with everything we owned, dragging his car, stuffed with plants, behind him, and the poor carsick black irish setter puppy next to him on the front seat. so you see, brat is not the only one to have crossed the great plains by wagon ( ours was a '78 toyota, descendant of the conastoyota wagons our four fathers travelled in). the baby's first tooth popped through as we crossed the tex-arkana line, and there was peace throughout the land! we stayed at only the finest establishments, or the only ones that allowed cats, dogs and babies. several truckers offered to take me away from all this until my dh blocked the cb reception with his truck. sigh. white lightening, i'm still waiting for ya, baby! he sounded like the man of my dreams, going all the way to dallas and all i had to do was drive into the back of his 18 wheeler, and join him in the front cab for cheese and crackers and a little vino. sounded so much better than the deal i had! but that was 30 something years ago, and this deal has worked out pretty darn well in retrospect! dance with the one that brung ya, i always say! lol. said after that i would sell everything we owned and fly across if we ever came back to the east. well, i nearly did. paid someone to pack it drive it, and store it, while my dh drove across with a dog a cat a rabbit and a middle child. the youngest and i flew with one little cat in a squishy carrier under the plane seat. he didn't make a single meow till we landed. everyone was so surprised there was a cat on the plane! he's 20 yrs old now, and does nothing quietly any more.
so, soldier on, brat, and mr. grumpy pants! be glad you're not peddling a bicycle, or driving a 20 mule train wagon like ronald reagan did. things can ALWAYS be worse! and next time i make the trip back home to texas, i AM selling everything (except quilting related) and flying back! that first trip took us 5 days. i have since driven it in one. why did we drag it out? drive safe, brat and mr.gp!

Last edited by nancia; 06-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
d'sm-- any chance they are the singing members of brat's entourage?? they are busy tormenting her with the epic song of paula dean's civil wars in the south-- did i have to go there? oh, yes, i did! and evidently, so did the cats. i feel sorry for all involved, but especially brat!

With that thought in mind, I'm off to work....
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM

I am all settled in. Today I finished unpacking my stuff and tomorrow I can start sewing again after clinic! yahoooo! the cats are happy and settling in. I love your story and no Nancia I never once thought we were the only ones with singing cats/cry babies! I really love the area here and am thinking it will be home in no time at all. I am sure thinking we wont make another trip just like this one again... too long too far and this is a good as place as any to drop anchor for the last time.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM

honestly, brat. you must have some military background or have spent time with the desert nomads! no one else can get settled that fast!! i hope this place becomes your home and you love it there! how far are you from jaba? p.m. me your address, i have something to send! thanks!
oh, remember that little swap of tablerunners we did a while back? d'sm just rec'd her's from me. i can be slow but i don't forget! now i have a turning twenty cut out and i'm going to make 2 dresses for olivia's 2nd birthday. one is a traditional cupcake fabric dress made by grammi and the other is her 1st cocktail dress, lol. it is OVER THE TOP, and lots of fun! i will post picks when i can!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
oh, remember that little swap of tablerunners we did a while back? d'sm just rec'd her's from me. i can be slow but i don't forget!
Yep! I got it! I got it! I'll try to get some pictures up this evening. It's been a crazy busy week here....
Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 AM

DM I am still here and Nacia and I email multiple times a week, I think I am going to adopt her as my family. We received Beau's package last night and it was a whole lot of "WOW"s from him. He slept with his quilt last night and brought it with him to the living room this morning and had to have it for nap time, so I think he likes it. She also got hime a John Deere tractor set that has four different tractors and trailers along with some animals and little guys to drive the tractors. They are cute, and he loves them so much I have had to ban them from my wood floors because he is driving me crazy rolling them. I have tried to upload pics and it isn't letting me, so I will try again this afternoon. Summertime is crazy we have been gone everyday somewhere the past two weeks, I'm tired and I want a nap, I understand why my Mom was always so tired, I used to say "Why are you tired, you don't work?!?!" I am eating those words.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 PM

did i mention i'm available for adoption? lol. i'm glad beau is happy. tell him the quilt has black streets and all different places to go, like the dog park, and the school, and 10 other ones i can't remember. i'm soooo happy he's happy!