Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Blog Entries
    you, baby! i have supplies bought but have a technical difficulty. i am keeping a positive attitude. besides, i just learned jamie likes to procrastinate. my kind of friend!
    d'sm, i might be sending my stuff for you to quilt for me!!! ear to ear smile, ala cheshire cat.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

NO!!!!!! (Runs & hides) I'm a binding girl. Give it to her! (Points to Elisabrat)

I cut out some stuff this evening. I've been kinda feeling blah since lunch so it was hard to get excited about it. I'm sure hoping someone didn't share a bug with me!

Blog Entries
    I'm just going to throw this out here... I've got a long arm, the semester ends this weekend, and I don't think a one of you has anything that will take longer than an hour for me to deal with.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    the mama h-- i may take you up on that offer! depends what they tell me to do with my arm. thanks for the offer!! truly! would anyone consider that cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out here... I've got a long arm, the semester ends this weekend, and I don't think a one of you has anything that will take longer than an hour for me to deal with.
    I wouldn't consider it cheating. I might consider it myself. (Good way to pick up some quick summer money!)

I do want to talk to you about pricing on some bigger projects too. I'm going to start a king size quilt, to be used as a bedspread here at home, as soon as I decide on a design & really want to send it out to be quilted. Could you send me some information about what you charge? I'd rather hand it off to someone I at least know a little than a stranger.

Nancia, what did you to your arm? And no I wouldn't consider it cheating to send it to someone. I got my new machine and I sat at the machine last night for quite awhile just staring at it because I had so many options to choose from stitches wise. So I have been trying to broaden my horizons. I have choosen a few things off Pintrest to make for Ms. Nancia now I just need to go shopping , which is never a bad thing. THe weather is about to turn crazy, 82 today but in the 30's tomorrow with rain/snow/sleet mix possible. And of course Beau has his first appointment with a ENT tomorrow, I am hoping to get his tonsils taken out, every time he has sinus drainage they swell up. So tomorrow sounds like a great sewing day for me!!!!!

For all of you collecting the Whoo Knows & other BOM's from Sindy Rodenmayer, the May blocks are up!

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/boms.html

Also, for all you "chicken people", I saw these and thought someone might be interested in them: https://www.myeqboutique.com/Shop/pc...&idcategory=77
    https://www.myeqboutique.com/Shop/pc...&idcategory=77

For anyone who is downloading Sindy's BOM's and missed a month, or started late, some of her BOM's are listed here for purchase cheaper than on her web site, and you can click the "customize collection" button and buy individual blocks of the patterns listed here:

https://www.myeqboutique.com/Shop/pc...77&viewAll=yes

Unfortunately, Whoo Knows isn't on there yet, but if you're interested, I'd keep an eye on that page. I'm picking up the lionfish I missed from there for Wonderfully Fishy for $1.99, instead of the $4.95 on her site. And no, I'm not cheating her in any way, because the link to her eBoutique page is on her web site. By the way, there are other designers on there too, AND they also have Quiltmaker's 100 blocks, volumes I & II that you can buy the single block patterns of for $2.49-4 per block!
    Last edited by DustysMomma; 05-01-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Gracias dustysmomma! I am collecting the owl pattern and nope I would have forgotten. argh! love that your my wake up clock!

ok next of order: FYI I HATE QUILTING I love making tops. I don't mind binding wish I had blind stitches like Jaba but she will teach me because I want to see it to believe it. hers are totally blind. not so with mind

I have my top done layered with batting I have my MR's done and now to add a surpise. This was a fun one for me as I liked the fabric a lot. I figure my partner will like it too or hate it. one or the other not in between. so maybe a back up plan right? just in case.. hum....
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I'm glad I could be of help!

I love making tops, haven't gotten where I like quilting yet (and lord knows I'm not good at it!), and I don't mind the binding. I could make squares all day long. I could make runners and placemats all day long. What I really need to do is make myself some new potholders! I noticed when I took brownies out of the oven this evening that I have a big white spot on my red potholders. On closer inspection, it's burn holes. This is what happens when you turn a 20 year old boy loose with fire, lol.

oh Jaba made me two sets of crochet pot holders but they are double sided so super thick. what great pot holders. I would not be happy if someone (ie me) did burn them. I love them. You should beg for some dustysmomma groveling is allowed for good things lol.

I have my stuff ready to bind sitting on the ironing board Have I done it? NOOOO stalling. got in a unsewing mood this week and need to snap out of it quick. snap there I feel better. I am thinking today is the lucky finishing binding day. Tomorrow is booked solid. oh dear my stomach is growling up a storm best feed it before I scare them all in clinic. sheesh!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I've made so many potholders, but I never keep them! I made my best friend 2 sets to match 2 aprons I made her. Do you think I made me any? NO! Yeah, that's on my project list, especially now! I may have to make me some out of that maze throw leftovers. Red &black, can't go wrong there!

Blog Entries
    and that's exactly why i'm taking a break from swaps. i have nothing i've made, they have all been given away. and i love what i have rec'd in return! but i think i should have a little something of my work in my home! i bought the entire who knows pattern from sindy's site. it is in the last row i f you go of patterns on the site d'm linked to, and $5.00 less than her page. i'm just glad i have it!

I am there with you Nancia, I have three baby quilts to make along with my swaps, all the babies are due next month, they will be late, they don't need them in the middle of summer anyways, IMHO.

Took Beau Beau to the ears, nose, throat doctor today and they want to do the blood allergy test to see if we can avoid foods or something that is causing this and to remove his adenoids. I really liked the doctor but he was talking about cutting on my baby and I'm just not to sure about that.

Blog Entries
    oh, boy, i remember the earaches and sore throats. all my kids (all 204, lol) had ear tubes then tonsilectomies and adenoids out. what a tremendous change! no more ears and throats to deal with! the worst part was they made me carry my child into the operating room and put him on the table. omg! it felt like sacrificing my child at the altar of the ancient god of medicine. creepy!! very hard to do, but the results were worth it!

I wish that they'd taken Dusty's tonsils & adenoids out and put tubes in when he was little. I've had a couple doctors since we moved (the GP & the ENT) tell me that they should have. It's hard, but what they go through otherwise can be worse. Dusty's been through a lifelong series of problems that finally led to surgery at 17. The ENT says the next tonsillitis they're coming out too. At 20, it's much harder on you than as a child, so I'm not looking forward to it.

As for the swaps, it's what keeps me going sometimes. No getting rid of me anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    just for the record-- i will still be here, just not participating, other than lusting after everyone elses' stuff, you know, like brat does. lololol ! i love the swaps and the friends at the end of my fingers, but i am so frustrated that i get nothing done on my own stuff. i have not left the building!

Nancia, lol, you remind me of Elvis girl!

Blog Entries
    ah, dm, ya aint nothin but a hound dog, unh huh, unh huh!

Blog Entries
    oh, boy. i think i may be becoming addicted to the goodwill shop auctions. i won the bid on a featherweight-- and they still have several!--and i bid on a doll, and won it. but i bid on a shirley temple doll in the box, and lost it by $1. man oh man do i feel dumb not watching it more closely. oh, well, better luck next time! or maybe i'd better stay off the site! hmmmmm....i'll think about it.

What is the website for the goodwill auctions? I will still check in this summer but after this swap I will be done until after Spring of next year probably.

DM I had my tonsils removed at 24 and it was bad but I have been sick alot less.

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    What is the website for the goodwill auctions? I will still check in this summer but after this swap I will be done until after Spring of next year probably.

DM I had my tonsils removed at 24 and it was bad but I have been sick alot less.
    I dug around and found the goodwill auctions. Here's the link to the crafts section, but there's all kinds of stuff on there!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/listings...at.asp?catID=8

There's a 20 lb lot of fabric on there that the current bid is only $25.50 & it ends in about 3-4 hrs. Of course, you have to tack probably $20 on for shipping too. But, at 3-4.5 yards per pound, that's 60+ yards of fabric for less than $50. No wonder Nancia is hooked!

I also noticed a 5-6 lb batch of international coins on there. The current bid was about $40 & the few that you could see up close that were already in the cardboard holders they use to sell them in shops looked like they were worth way more than the $40 bid.

Blog Entries
    Finally settled on pattern and picked up my fabrics - excited to get started on my partner's project. Maybe I'll take a photo later and share a teaser of the fabrics.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    My son had his tonsils and adenoids removed when he was around 8 (a long time ago) he would have strep throat week after week after week; after a couple of years of this they finally took them out; after surgery there were no more sore throats or the ear aches that went with. He suffered so bad with strep throat; surgery was his best option.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Make it pretty dabbler, lol I know you will. Yours is done, will mail soon. Have to get dressed and teach brat the blind binding. Can't quilt her quilt for her here, but will take it home to the long arm and get it done. Have a couple more on the agenda to quilt also. Then the wineries will be calling my name.....Hubbies cell (new) lost it's marbles so transferred to mine, guess I'm secretary for the rest of our trip.....now I'll know who's calling him

I wanna learn too. Maybe you should visit me also! No wineries here, but I do have wine!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast