Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!!  WE ARE FULL!!! >

I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!! WE ARE FULL!!!

I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!! WE ARE FULL!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:00 AM

Greedy me, I think I want some of all of them!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:36 PM

I can't wait to get them. I've got sashings and cornerstones all cut waiting for them to arrive.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by L8quilter
Greedy me, I think I want some of all of them!
Hahahaa me too!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:11 AM

OOOOHHH, they all look so good!! I was looking back at some quiltingboard I haven't deleted and there is a link to a blog? Look in search (I spy ideas part 3) than from there you can go to parts 1 & 2. There are some really neat ideas. I had my quilts ( 1 each DGD & DGS) already designed but I think I will tweek them abit with ideas from the site. I SPY in block letters across the top & their names on the bottom with magnify (sp?) glasses on either side. Can't wait!!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 AM

I'm curious - can someone explain (or is there a link) how one goes about doing the actual swapping. I've noticed that the same members freguently host so they probably have it down to an exact science. I noted that the first step here was to measure ALL blocks for the correct size. Please explain the process as this intrigues me..and increases my admiration for the hosts.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by marybrace
I'm curious - can someone explain (or is there a link) how one goes about doing the actual swapping. I've noticed that the same members freguently host so they probably have it down to an exact science. I noted that the first step here was to measure ALL blocks for the correct size. Please explain the process as this intrigues me..and increases my admiration for the hosts.
This host is measuring them to make sure they are no less than her 'required' dimensions... I host the 10.5 sq swap every month and I have a cheater block.. But I really just eyeball the squares, usually I can tell if they are a lil short when I lay them on top of the other pieces already swapped.. But i have a following so for the most part they know what im expecting but I do not measure all the squares.. Ill grab one randomly from the members pile and if its up to par I swap if not the WHOLE pile gets rejected..make that mistake once and I bet that swapper wont do it again.. lol.. .. Ive been hosting for a while so Im at the point where I can just tell now.. Ive tweaked my swap so I know what works for me.. it is ALOT of work but I enjoy it. and every host has the worry that 'someone' aint gonna be happy.. I dread that pm...other than the time consuming swapping, organizing, and mailing seeing the fabrics come in is like Christmas to me.. But then letting them all go (mailing them) is really tough.. Cause they are all so pretty you just wanna keep every singe one of them..

and thats what luvTooQuilt does for her swaps..
Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 AM

luvTooquilt, thank you for your response but...now that she has determined that the sizes are all O.K., the actual swapping begins. There are 25+ people receiving different numbers of blocks. Now this is my take on it - A really long table or counter with 25+ names tags and number of sets to receive and then walking and going "one for you", "one for you", etc. There has to be a really smart way to do this but I can't visualize it, so please help me....
Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by laurilli
OOOOHHH, they all look so good!! I was looking back at some quiltingboard I haven't deleted and there is a link to a blog? Look in search (I spy ideas part 3) than from there you can go to parts 1 & 2. There are some really neat ideas. I had my quilts ( 1 each DGD & DGS) already designed but I think I will tweek them abit with ideas from the site. I SPY in block letters across the top & their names on the bottom with magnify (sp?) glasses on either side. Can't wait!!
hummmm this sounds neat but of course being fairly new to the board I dont know where to go to find this "blog" so to speak.. can you plz direct me to the right direction so I can take a look at all these "i spy ideas" thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace
luvTooquilt, thank you for your response but...now that she has determined that the sizes are all O.K., the actual swapping begins. There are 25+ people receiving different numbers of blocks. Now this is my take on it - A really long table or counter with 25+ names tags and number of sets to receive and then walking and going "one for you", "one for you", etc. There has to be a really smart way to do this but I can't visualize it, so please help me....
Nope.. That's it. One for you, and one for you.. And so on till you have all the squares swapped.. That's where your 'consumed' time goes.. Takes me three evenings to swap if I have a lil swap and about five if I have more.. I have to wait till my lil one goes to bed otherwise it would take me a week with her help!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by JLMiller
Originally Posted by laurilli
hummmm this sounds neat but of course being fairly new to the board I dont know where to go to find this "blog" so to speak.. can you plz direct me to the right direction so I can take a look at all these "i spy ideas" thanks
At top of page in small blue print- find the word SEARCH and click on it then enter I SPY and it will find many, many references to view....