Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013 >

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013

Old 12-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Thanks Charlotte. I was hoping for something informal. I understand, though, and will see if local friends can use them.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM

I got mine and love them!!!! Charlotte, I think you did an excellent job of putting the charms together and returning them so quickly. Some were not my "cup of tea", but how boring would it be if we all had the same taste? I am sure I can find something to do with the ones not fussy cut or slightly wonky. I have made 9 I Spy quilts for my grandchildren this Christmas and love every single one! I have so many squares left over ( I sort of went crazy buying novelty fabric ) and am not sure what to do with them. Maybe someone on here would lie to buy some really cheap? If interested! Please PM me.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 PM

I actually think that some of the ones that aren't fussy cut to be centered are still usable. If they are cut at the edges, it looks like they are peeking in. But I guess that's just me. As far as wonky, I didn't notice any being bad, I guess I will have to be a little more careful. I usually spot check as sets come in for size, picture and how cut. I can't double check everyone as I would never get anything else done. I hope overall everyone is happy with what they got.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:20 AM

Charlotte, i haven't received mine yet. But just want to say that you are doing a great job. This is really a great swap idea which requires a lot of time and effort from the hostess. Who wants to swap out 120+ baggies of fabric? That's a lot of work and time but many of us benefit from your effort. And of course while swapping you can't measure every single one. It is the swappers responsibility to measure their 6 baggies.
When i join, i keep in mind that with any swap you will always get those that you cant use. But there is always a scrap quilt you can use them on. Don't feel discourage. Hugs and have a good day.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Charlotte, Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks so much for sending the charms, I got mine today! :-)

Sooooo many fabrics I have never seen before! The pig with kisses and fluffy slippers was really cute, and the dog with the cone on his neck from the vet made me laugh out loud! It must have taken some searching to find some of those prints. Thank you to everyone who participated. Great job! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next time!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:14 PM

I love the swap! And Charlotte, you did an amazing job! I got some great fabrics this time around; many that I hadn't seen before. The pigs in pajamas were my absolutely favorite, though there were many great ones. I also got a headless Dora, but that was the only square I found to be unusable. I will absolutely be participating again. Thanks for the swap, Charlotte, and thanks to everyone for sending wonderful fabrics!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I really do enjoy doing the swap. I was just wondering, because everybody keeps talking about the headless Dora, is there any other pictures on the squares also or just Dora? I just don't recall seeing headless Doras. I'm not doubting anyone, I'm just wondering if there was another picture also that I was zeroing in on. If not, I really am sorry and I will keep a better eye out on the next swap.

I think after this swap that Owlvamp will be taking back over. I have really enjoyed doing this swap and I really have enjoyed the many friends that I have met here also.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:20 PM

Charlotte, I remember the same kind of discussion about "wonky" or inappropriate squares, etc. after Owlvamp's last swap and just before you stepped-up to give her a break so she could recuperate. One should go back a read some of the replies received after the...guess I"ll have to use the word complaints were posted....swappers brought out many things I hadn't considered and made me more acceptable to what I can do and what I received. I have 2 grown sons and 1 grandson so have always leaned to the boy appropriate fabrics BUT I also understand those wanting girly things. I can compromise and find a use for those I may not put in my boy quilt....a great niece received a an I SPY quilt just out of the blue so I could use some girly, girly blocks and I'm finding a source for hospitalized children or can cut into 2 1/2 inch charms. When one joins a swap one should understand that there may be some things he/she doesn't like.......and has no control over.

Charlotte,thank you for stepping in when help was needed and I hope we will still "see" you on here.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 PM

I got my squares today! YAY! I didn't receive ANY too wonky to use. One last time and one this time, but they are some of my favorites and I used the one last time and will make this one work too. I got four repeats, of some of my favorite ones, so I couldn't be happier. Out of one hundred fabrics, I got three that "aren't my style" and I'll be using those in a scrap quilt. Thank you everyone! I'll post pictures when I'm done with the one from last month and the top from this month. I had a lot left over last time, but I like that because each quilt needs particular colors or sizes of pictures, so I like to have a little wiggle room. I'll definitely keep doing these. Sign me up for next time!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Thanks everybody. If some of the fabrics aren't my "favorite" or my "style" I just figure the quilts are for a child and they may love those I don't. I figure one or two not so great fabrics in each quilt isn't so bad and isn't as noticeable as it is standing alone.

I hope everybody decides to join in the next swap also.

Have a wonderful night and tomorrow.