Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Row Robin - Quilter's Dozen >

International Row Robin - Quilter's Dozen

International Row Robin - Quilter's Dozen

Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Scrapquilt: Your row arrived today. It is really nice. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

I finished my row this morning. It will go out on Tuesday. I'll post a picture so you can start thinking Mad.

I think I heard you sigh this morning, did you hear mine around lunch time? I was really glad to be finished. That was stressful.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Mine should go out later today (I'm not dressed yet - took the day off for fun) and will post pictures. Feeling REAL patriotic when I look at my row. lol

Yes Gwyn, I did hear it. Feels good to have reached the goal! yeah
Old 02-18-2011, 11:38 AM

SPECIAL OFFER Since I am now sure things are on their way, I am offering this as an incentive to us all to be on time in April. For each person who mails on time (April 15) I have a spring surprise ready to mail directly to you, You don't need to feel bad if you are late, But just think how much fun getting a surprise in the mail might be.

So far, what I have seen is beautiful work. Let's get excited and start the next stage this weekend.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 PM

I took a picture so you can see what I sent out.

Row Robin Row #1 My Favorite Quilt Patterns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164522[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-164517.jpe  
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

I took pictures too and when I looked at them, I realized a mistake in one of the blocks which I had to fix.

When the row was FINALLY DONE, I called it "Star-spangled." It seems patriotic to me, but it doesn't have to be. Not sure if you noticed, but I kept the blocks symmetrical. The center block is different. The outside blocks are the same with different fabrics. And the other 2 are the same block (after I fixed the one that is wrong in the pic) with different fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-136703.jpe   attachment-136777.jpe  
Old 02-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks Gwynn,

I have lots of ideas already. I think I will stick to the same style of block - call it variation on a theme.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM

I love your blocks. I have tons of ideas for your and the horse one. I have Scrapquilts and she is doing a winter theme. My snowman fabrics will make great blocks for her. I have most of my horse blocks ready to add. Haven't seen the Christmas quilt yet so I'm not sure. I like being able to think ahead. Planning, not a strong suit of mine.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM

All right guys, my strip is done. I ended up going with something totally different than Christmas and Snowmen. Sorry for the delay, but I couldn't make decisions. I guess that is because I am going to school and working.

My new and final theme is black, white & bright. Here is my twist though....no repeats of the bright color. I used pink, what I am hoping is that each row would be a different color - blue, purple, green, yellow or whatever. Just different - going for a rainbow of brights when it is done.

I have it in the envelope addressed to Melburk, priority so should be there Wednesday. Again sorry for the delay, promise I will start working on my row for the red, white & blue one this week. One block per week and I can get it out on time! That's the plan.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138019.jpe   attachment-138020.jpe   attachment-138021.jpe  
Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

What a good idea Cheryl going for the different colors by row. I'll get yours last but I have ideas already - wonder what color will be left.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 PM

I love your row. I also like your idea. Do you mean that once we pick a bright, we use the same bright through the whole row? Like you used the pink?