Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Very pretty!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM

Lovely finish Kathleen. Looks like it was third time lucky!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM

Vicki, I am so relieved that you approve of this. Thank you ladies for your vote of confidence with the final result. 3rd time lucky is right :lol:

Cheers
Kathleen
Old 10-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Ladies, just dropping in from Group 10. I love how all your quilts have finished up. Beautiful work.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:43 PM

I just got home from a week's vacation and found a lovely package from Australia waiting. My finished top is much prettier and the colors are better in person than the picture showed. I really like this top and am glad that I was part of this Round Robin. You were all great to work with- so glad we didn't have some of the problems other groups did. Hope to see some finished quilts on this thread someday!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Hi Vicki,
Am so glad that your top has arrived home and that you are pleased with it. I have found that the colours in most photos are actually quite different in person. Have been reading some of the other threads lately and it seems there were quite a few issues. Some people still haven't received their tops home again after all this time and here I have been worrying non stop at taking so long with yours. I have been very conscious of having something in my possession which does not belong to me so of course I worry about it.

Like you I am looking forward to seeing the tops in their finished state although I suspect that like mine it may not be till after Christmas this happens. Mine is with a friend to be LA'd, she does this full time and takes a few weeks off over Christmas. This is when she is going to have a play with mine as I told her to have fun with it. I expect to get it back in early 2012 and will post a photo then. In the mean time I had been waiting for the centre of the new IRR to arrive, after some delay it arrived and was followed by the second round so now I have 2 to keep me busy (not that i need to be kept busy).

Cheers
Kathleen
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 AM

Default Well here she is at last

Sorry for the delay Ladies however here it is at last, the finished (except for the binding) quilt from our round robin challenge. I will have to go back through the thread to see how many people have actually finished and posted the completed pictures to our thread.

Participating in a round robin is challenging, everyone is different with the resulting differences in colour and style likes. I went into this challenge knowing that I may not like what was returned to me and although my end quilt is not to my particular taste everyone who has seen it so far, really seem to like it so all is not lost. I should say, that the reason the quilt is not to my taste is purely because I do not usually work with dark or bright colours preferring fresh or pastel. Bright and bold is fine just so long as it is not dark.

The top was quilted with a large butterfly design which isn't apparent in this photo unfortunately. Lovely variegated thread was used which really picks up on all the colours, looks great and made all the difference.

Thank you every one of you who worked on this centre as it toured in another part of the world.

Enjoy
Kathleen
Attached Thumbnails img_2949.jpg  

Last edited by Maybe1day; 01-12-2012 at 02:53 AM.