Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: January 2019 to March 2019 Table Runner Swap

Ube did you make my runner? It said QueenBarbiej and the name was Jessica. This is quite the stumper. lol Come on ladies who's pulling the joke on me? It's so pretty someone needs to be thanked properly.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuw View Post
    Lawsonmugs your lilacs are just beautiful. I grew up in Michigan so, I have memories of lilac bushes being in random places that seemed to grow with out any effort. It was no problem to cut off a bouquet like yours without it even looking like it made a dent in the flowers on the bush. The bush is not native to California, but in my area, pretty much anything grows, so I thought I would plant a lilac bush. Now keep in mind, my "bush" started literally as one little stick! It's doing ok, growing slowly but surely and I have gotten flowers the past several years. As you can see by the photo, if I were to cut off it's flowers that would probably make one bouquet only so I opt to leave them on. That way I can enjoy them for a little longer. Sad that their lovely blooms/scent don't last longer. I do see other bushes around the area occasionally. but overall not many. Attachment 612116 Thanks for sharing your. Love the runner too! I think Ube made it :-)

I snip one sweet stem to enjoy by my bed now. I don't have access to any big bushes anymore and the one I have is small and not many blooms yet.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Mary, I did make the lilac runner and your bouquet is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it.

Maybe you are looking at one from an earlier swap with another name.
    Last edited by ube quilting; 04-26-2019 at 05:10 PM.

I feel so stupid..... I just sent ube a thank you for the runner and after sending it I seen I already sent her one. Queenbarbiej is who I sent my runner too. lol. It's such a wonderful world us senors live in. lol. Have a great weekend ladies.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    I feel so stupid..... I just sent ube a thank you for the runner and after sending it I seen I already sent her one. Queenbarbiej is who I sent my runner too. lol. It's such a wonderful world us senors live in. lol. Have a great weekend ladies.
    I'd say no worries. My head is not always attached to my body either anymore. At least you send a thank you.
    Anna Quilts

I always say thank you. Sometimes twice it seems. lol.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Caroline. this theme was fun and really gave us 2 choices. I liked that myself. Maybe we can do it again.... Maybe dots/checkered. Could be spotted blocks or fabrics same with the checkered.
    I liked the (2) choices as well, but with stars & stripes you had both a block option and fabric option. Dots/checkered seems like fabric choices only. I only say this because I don't have much fabric of either persuasion

I can go with checkered look.

Blog Entries
    I liked the (2) choices as well, but with stars & stripes you had both a block option and fabric option. Dots/checkered seems like fabric choices only. I only say this because I don't have much fabric of either persuasion

I like the two options and maybe we can switch out the dots for curves or add curves and use all three or pick either two for your choice. I think I am going to start with this idea and add whatever Caroline decides on.

I kind of like the curve idea. It will give me the chance to try a drunkards path.

I guess most of the swaps usually just focus on fabric, so it's really no big deal that it is dots/checkered. Adding a block component (stars, curves, etc) just expand the possibilities. I'm down for whatever Caroline chooses too.

ekuw. when I said checked or dots I also meant like big circles cut of any fabric or a checker board type block. You know not just that type of fabric. I can't really think of another 2 choices like this months swap. But I really liked this one. Maybe flowers/birds. You always do a good job of your runner so don't worry about it. someone else throw in a few ideas. lol. Have a great day.
    Mary

Finally got home & collected my mail today - guess what was waiting for me? A beautiful runner from Jessica (QueenbarbieJ)! Beautiful jewel tones that will fit in with any season but definitely looks fantastic on table today! Thanks so much Jessica!Name:  March runner A.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  43.0 KBName:  March runner B.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  43.7 KB

Beautiful. Good use of stripes and stars. Love the colors.
    Mary

Sorry my swirls quilting is less than perfect. I'm not good at circles.

Jessica your quilting is perfectly fine! I"ve been trying to create a hooked swirl & I either forget the hook or I put more than one in there! But no two are alike! That's why we keep at this hobby! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Sorry my swirls quilting is less than perfect. I'm not good at circles.

I like the option or either/or or including both options in a runner too. What about a primary colour & one other (could be solid/pattern etc) For example, next runner will be due end of June, so maybe the constant is a solid summery green and another fabric/pattern of our choice? Just a thought.

I am with you. It might be too limiting for me.
    Anna Quilts

Hi Everyone,

I have posted the next swap... A little later than I would have liked, but I was stumped for a theme.... but now I have thought of one, so please take look and sign up if you can!

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ml#post8248115

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    I just Pm'd Caroline to let her know I will be playing again. This one is gonna be good.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10