Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January - June 2021 Round Robin >

January - June 2021 Round Robin

January - June 2021 Round Robin

Old 03-06-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
This is Macybaby's quilt. I thought it needed more gold and some quiet space. Now, I'm auditioning a second spacer, either green on the right or the same border as the inside on the left. The size of this border will be 5". What do you think?
Attachment 632105
Sorry for the hot spot. This isn't the best spot for pictures.
I like the green.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Tell us more about this apliquick tool. Who makes them? Are there YouTube demonstrations? Never heard of them. I’m really curious.
Yes there are youtube demonstrations and on The Quilt Show. I got mine from Kathy McNeil's website as they were a few dollars cheaper than Amazon. I bought the whole kit, and used the fusible soft interfacing and the glue pen. The tools are simple but well made, and they do work great. One stick/tool has a two-prong simple fork and the other side has what looks a little like a cuticle pusher, in stainless steel. I followed the tutorials and they are my new best friends. I really do like the "hand" of the fusible interfacing, it does stay soft, and I do like the glue pen, although it is pricey and I've ordered some different glue stick pens from AliExpress to see if they are an acceptable cheaper alternative, I know you can use regular glue stick but after using the pen, I like it better. The scissors are also pricey but they actually are pretty nice. The whole process of turning under the seam allowance just goes really fast and it pretty easy with the tools. At this point, I think I won't use any other method, I've tried them all before and I like these best.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Here is a sneak peak of what I'm working on for CarrieM group 2 center. I don't think I will have enough of the maroon fabric to do flying geese around the whole quilt, I'm still thinking about options.
those look really nice, Mona, too bad because those flying geese are really nice. Any possibility of scrappy flying geese? They look wonderful.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
I like the green.
Ditto. It adds a nice pretty break to the border.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:14 PM

1 corner done, 3 to go. I should have this finished on Tuesday afternoon...no time to sew tomorrow. I will mail Wednesday morning.
Attached Thumbnails img_3167.jpeg   img_3166.jpeg  
Old 03-07-2021, 05:27 PM

Looks good.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:41 PM

Agree, looks good.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:52 PM

I am adopted but whenever I did my dna I had 48% Scottish, 20+ Wales, brittian, etc. Hubby did his and like we thought Irish and Scottish was the largest amount. My daughter in law maternal Great grandparents were from Scotland but not actually know where, something to do with the grandmother’s maiden name.

Michelle

Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
hi, interesting... where in Scotland were their families from? I’ve lived not 10 minutes away from Loch Lomond for the last 30 odd years (and 25 minutes away from Glasgow)
My distant relatives came from Scotland also but migrated south to England eventually which is where I’m from but married and moved North across the border in the late 80’s.
I love it here and I’m happiest up in the mountains on a fine day ⛰🚶🏼‍♀️👣
Old 03-07-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Hey Round Robinettes, this birdie is ready to fly! Liora (MMonohon’s granddaughter) loves dinosaurs, thistles, hiking, & orange cats, so I make her some hiking boots, her kitties Elton & Primus with kitty collars that have dinosaur charms, a thistle, and it leaves a little love in her tracks. Hugs!
Wow, love it! YOU are so creative!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:52 AM

Hi All! I’ve been stalking your thread and enjoying watching your quilts develop and grow. Such beautiful work! I don’t currently have access to my sewing room but would love to join in once I get it back. I don’t have specific border skills though. Are there any resources y’all could suggest for me to advance my border skills in the mean time?

pam