Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter View Post
has anyone seen or heard from Lori she has not been online at all today (hope everything is alright)
i have noticed that sometimes lori comes on in the evening especially when she has to take marty to the doctor plus i think i remember her mentioning recently that she had a doctor's appt about her eyes this week.

nice packages all. barefoot quilter that butterfly fabric is really pretty. i have been collecting butterfly fabric for a while for a quilt request. i havent seen any like that, just purdy.

my two sp packages are not even showing that they have been received by the post office. hmmmm.... i dropped them off on the counter along with the other 100 packages they had sitting up there. to my two secret pals, i can only say they should be enroute soon enough, one minus the chocolates but i'm gonna see what i can do about that. if i was a big chocolate candy eater, i would be eating them while i was typing this apology telling you how good they tasted (in my head of course)but alas, i will try to get something to you.

Last edited by Havplenty; 01-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23 PM

i do not have that issue but i have a mccalls pattern that is a similar idea to that. lemme know if you are interested. i have never made a yo-yo but the pattern looks interesing especially on that turquoise background.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304265[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
The SP this month are particularly spectacular aren't they?

I have a special request from my SP friends....Would any of you happen to have a past issue of this magazine June 2011? I'm nearly 900 Yo Yo's into making a coverlet for guest bedroom....when I saw this cover picture and like the idea of having a backing rather than just sewing the Yo's together. Yep I love making the Yo Yo's while watching TV at night. I've also place a request on ISO thread but I thought I'd give this thread a try since I've come to know so many SP here!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304205[/ATTACH]
I'm willing to trade for fabric or buy it outright....I've looked on eBay but prices seem high to me and then add shipping .... thought I'd give this a try!
Attached Thumbnails m6053.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 01-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:33 PM

yep a whole bag of chocolates. i am not sure how they would fare being mailed separately without having some crush resistance. oh well i will figure out something.

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Now that's just too cruel to mention ..... a whole BAG of chocolates, huh??
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
LOL yep I have ALL sizes from strips barely 1/2" (too small I image)
to just under fq size.

I will be filling boxes by grabbing hand fulls and dropping in box. I was
counting over the weekend how many bins I have and it looks to be
7 (or nearly that much) 58 quart size bins.
I will use any and all!!LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
NEXT QUESTION: Who are the people on here that collects the scraps??
That would be a big ME, but, not smaller than 1 inch.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Michelle, it could be where the HUB (main place where all the mail goes to before coming to you) is for her area. It's like....I am in VA and if I were flying to FLA I would have to go up to PA and then down to FLA. That has never made sense to me but that's where that airlines HUB is. Does that make sense now?? A main office if you will.
Thanks Teresa...Yes that makes sense!!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM

The SP this month are particularly spectacular aren't they?

I have a special request from my SP friends....Would any of you happen to have a past issue of this magazine June 2011? I'm nearly 900 Yo Yo's into making a coverlet for guest bedroom....when I saw this cover picture and like the idea of having a backing rather than just sewing the Yo's together. Yep I love making the Yo Yo's while watching TV at night. I've also place a request on ISO thread but I thought I'd give this thread a try since I've come to know so many SP here!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304205[/ATTACH]
I'm willing to trade for fabric or buy it outright....I've looked on eBay but prices seem high to me and then add shipping .... thought I'd give this a try!

Onalee...I HAVE IT!!! I bought it for a different pattern in that issue!! If you don't mind it minus a couple of pages, you can have it or I can cut those pages out for you!! PM me and let me know your preference and it's yours!!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM

I totally agree with you Onalee. I LOVE my homemade gifts and always keep those, but have re-gifted other items, usually things like magazines, pins, a fabric I would probably never use.
I don't want to get anyone's knickers in a twist with this question but I've been pondering this since I joined this fun swap. This may have been discussed before I became active on this board so I'm just throwing this out there for thoughtful consideration.

I personally would NOT feel bad should I see something I sent to a SP in an earlier swap show up (in a posted picture) later in another SP package. If someone should re-gift something you sent them in a previous month would you be offended?

I personally could NOT/would NEVER, re-gift a handmade gift a SP or anyone made for me, but say for instance someone sent me a purple thang and I already have a purple thang or say a piece of fabric that I might never use, would it be tacky to send it on to someone else within this swap?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:49 PM

NEXT QUESTION: Who are the people on here that collects the scraps??
I collect scraps. My DGD & I just started a crumb quilt together. She is loving it!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Do you have this magazine? It is the "Easy Quilts Fall 2011"
issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304198[/ATTACH]

I am HOPING (hint hint hint Lori) that for the February sp swap
that I will get someone (on list "scrap list") as my partner so that
I can send them this magazine along with a bunch of scraps.

But I am also working on "building" scrap boxes to send off to some
people.

Yes I KNOW that we are still working on the January swap, but
I am already planning ahead and getting my box (maybe more than 1)
ready.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
Happy Wednesday back at you,,, Nope this girl is not into scraps, but know a few people who are... More into structured small things... such as Wall hangings and throws... baby quilts... The Magazine looks interesting though Louise, I never turned donw a magazine, always love going thorugh them...