Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: July 5" Charm Swap: Theme--Floral!

July 5" Charm Swap: Theme--Floral!

***The Theme for this month’s Swap is Floral!***

1. You may swap up to 12 bags with 15 different 5" square charms in each bag. Send the kind you hope to receive. Only send 100% quilting cotton squares!

Do Not Send: thin fabrics, homespuns, dotted swiss, denim, flannel, polyester or polyester blends, eyelet, wool, linen, fleece, knit, broadcloth, seersucker, Etc. Only send 100% quilting cotton, please.

2. Take your time cutting and be sure you have correctly cut 5” squares. No one wants wonky squares! I’ve done this by mistake, too. It happens, but try to be careful 😊

Cutting/Packaging Method:
    We will be sending 15 Different fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 15 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name & location on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "Redstilettos, West Bend, WI".

3. Put all your swap bags in one big ziplock then affix a tag on it that includes your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment - your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Padded flat rate envelopes are the best shipping method, the paper ones have a tendency to break open. You can order the padded flat rate envelops from the post office online, in packages of 10, and they are free. The cardboard type seams to rip too often for them to be reliable.

4. Postage: It costs $7.25 to ship the padded flat rate envelop. Please include a USPS Money Order for $7.25 in your big ziplock to pay to return ship to you. Very well hidden cash or stamps are okay as well. I cannot ship back to you until I receive payment. No personal or company checks, please. Also, Please put your board name on the outside of your package. I don't open these until I am ready to distribute, and having your board name on the outside allows me to keep track of any I may be missing, or allow me to give feedback to you when your package has arrived.

5. Sign-Ups end July 16th. All charms need to be in my hands by July 25th, with final distribution by July 28th.

If I receive All swaps early, distribution back to swappers will be early, too!
    Let’s aim to be early! If I do not receive early, distribution happen by July 28th.

I’m looking forward to having you!

If you have questions, please PM me,
    Thank you!
    Red

Hi Ladies,

For any of you who may have had problems with my batik's a month ago, Please step forward. One of you informed me the charms were cut wonky, and I take full responsibility of that. I was running behind due to my mother's passing, and had my daughter (a non-sewer....who's kid IS that anyway??) cut them for me. I am embarrassed about this and am more than willing to replace for you....just kindly let me know and it will be done!

This is a good reminder for all of us to be careful with your charms. We've had issues in the past, because we are human after all! But taking our time will certainly help cut down on the issues.

That's my public service announcement for the day

Now....on to florals! Let the fun and games begin! I'm off to the quilt store to buy for my secret pal, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for those pretty flowers, too.

Such fun!

Blog Entries
    I’m in! Florals here we come!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Blog Entries
    Are we talking small floral prints or big ones, or does it matter?
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Pamela- If it is like any other of the swaps we've had, it's up to your interpretation. As Red has said before, if it "reads" like the themed fabric, then use it!

I can do this! This will be fun!

Pamela,
    Yes! Crispy's correct. If you see a fabric and you read it is "floral", by all means, use it!

I personally do not have plans for any florals yet, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't! My husband is SO not understanding my enchantment with this group and our fabrics. He just nods and smiles. Of course, that's what I do when he starts talking mechanical stuff, too.

Oh florals …. what fun! I'm in for 12. This is the first time that I don't have to go shop but oh, I might find a "want". Looking forward to what you all choose.

We always get into the discussion of the range of fabrics we are faced with. Florals won't be any different. There are traditional, civil war, modern, tone-on-tone. Kaffe Fassett wild pink florals, tiny rose bud calico, daisy, sun flower. This will be fun!

I'm in for florals in July!

Yes! Thank you -Yes! I'm in for Florals!! 12 sets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pinkflowers, can you include one of those beautiful peonies in each bag? Mine always bloom so early and a cold gets to them.

Crispy, now I just may have to go shopping to expand my repertoire …..LOL You make it so easy!

Do you think I like florals? I'm looking forward to this month.

I'm in for 12 Love all Florals

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhh yes! I am in for 12 sets, I also love florals. Red, do I need to pm you?
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I think florals are my best friend. I'm in for 12 sets.

We are off to a good start ladies, a few more and we'll be over the "no duplicate zone"

And pinkflowers, your peonies are gorgeous!

I will have to shop for this one. But what a problem to have, right?? LOL

We currently have 12, including myself. I'm hoping for at least one more to join so those of you who do the full 12 sets don't receive anyone's as duplicates. Come on, folks! Get your friends to join!

So far we have:
    Moonrise
    Juanita Bean
    Dsenters
    TrishB
    PamelaOry
    Crispy Frog
    MaryMo
    Pinkflowers
    Sunrise (no you don't need to pm me )

And....drum roll please....TWO new swappers to the fray. Please welcome Janet Brown and Darcy Shannon to our lovely floral mix. Welcome! I think you'll find these ladies incredibly fun and great selectors of fabrics. I've been involved for about a year and have yet to be disappointed in what I receive back. Any questions, please ask, there's always a friendly answer from someone on the board. Again, welcome!

Now, the heat index and humidity is climbing again here.....so it's a great reason to stay inside the a/c and cut charms out. Right after work that's my plan

Welcome Janet Brown and Darcy Shannon!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Janet and Darcy!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I'm going to take the month off since I just had surgery but looking forward to the next swap

Hi Quilters
    I'm new to quilt swaps. I have some questions.
    I make up 12 sets of 5" floral squares, how many squares are in each set?
    Who do we mail our squares too?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    I've been in cross stitch round robins and had fun so looking forward to quilt swaps.

Up to 12 sets with 15 different charms in each set. They get mailed to Red along with $$ for return postage. She swaps the sets out and mails them back. You might want to read the original post thoroughly as it will help answer any questions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psonoff View Post
    Hi Quilters
    I'm new to quilt swaps. I have some questions.
    I make up 12 sets of 5" floral squares, how many squares are in each set?
    Who do we mail our squares too?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    I've been in cross stitch round robins and had fun so looking forward to quilt swaps.
    Hi psonoff.

there are 15 charms in each packet. Some people put an extra or two or a little goodie in with the charms but the only requirement is 15 5 inch charms.

we send them to the coordinator, redstilletos, along with 7.50 for return postage. Deadlines should be listed in the first post, and she sorts and distributes them.

hope that helps!
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Thanks for the info. Red can you send me your address?

welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast