Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Fat Quarter (FQ) Swap >

July Fat Quarter (FQ) Swap

July Fat Quarter (FQ) Swap

Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by kathymarie View Post
Prayers and hugs to you, sewellie...hope you get better quickly. I want to share a funny story....about crossed wires or maybe ME just having a senior moment. I missed out on the swap this month so sikesjj (Jamie) graciously offered to trade with me....I think I asked her how many she wanted to trade, 2 or 4..... and she said let's do 4.....So that's what I did....I SENT HER 4 FAT QUARTERS......imagine my surprise when I got my big, beautiful assortment of 20 FAT QUARTERS from her. I did sent her out 16 more yesterday by 2day priority mail and sent her the tracking number. I must have lost my mind that day----not only do I know we trade 5 fat quarters, so I don't know where the 2 or 4 came from....but I also don't know why I wasn't thinking in terms of sets. OK....maybe this isn't really a funny story....but it does say what a gracious, considerate soul Jamie is! Thanks for being so understanding, Jamie!

Blessings....
I totally get why you thought only 4 fqs..maybe we have "shared fq hysteria senior moments"..lol!
I am sure Jamie totally understood, too..since you sent the others out to her no harm done.. I always tell on myself for my "goofs", my quilting group friends say it made them feel better when I joined the group and have been so honest about my um, "loony tooniness"...
Regards,
Kif
Old 07-31-2013, 06:22 PM

Feel better soon sewellie!!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM

Oh heck dear I hear a QUILT of fabric at your disposal so get sewing. She did you a favor now you will put them into use asap so you can show her tada I know how to make it happen (even if you have to borrow an egg quilt book from the library right?)

OK I just posted my ELISABRATs fall/halloween tablerunner/mat swap so think you could sign up and be so geared for this its not funny! with this swap your stash.. you are SET! quick! before slots run out (oh no slot alotment? pretend!)
Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 AM

I heard from Brenda that my second set of 30s will be coming as an "angel" package. I have no idea what that means, but I assume whoever had my name didn't participate. Does anyone know what happens? I don't want Brenda to have to send a set for the person who failed to fulfill their commitment. It won't keep me from signing up for next months swap, I guess I would like to know what happens to the person who didn't keep to their agreement to swap.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 AM

I received my swap of FQ's from Auntpiggylpn yesterday. Such beautiful fabric and she is so generous! She sent me 5 beautiful FQ's, all new to me and a half yard of another beautiful 30's fabric. Then along with everything else she included a personalized coffee cup wrap!
Now I just have to learn how to post pictures! Thank you so much Ruth!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I received my swap of FQ's from Auntpiggylpn yesterday. Such beautiful fabric and she is so generous! She sent me 5 beautiful FQ's, all new to me and a half yard of another beautiful 30's fabric. Then along with everything else she included a personalized coffee cup wrap!
Well, I'm so glad this set reached its destination! I hope the other set found a home with a quilter who's name begins with "P" !!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 AM

Could we please see a picture of the personalized coffee cup wrap? It sounds like something I would love to make. Thanks for considering this.

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 AM

When will the August sign up be up????
Old 08-02-2013, 08:00 AM

I received an Angel package once...it was so nice....have we heard what next months swap will be I'm on my way to the LQS they are having a 30% off sale yay!!!! so I was going to get what I needed to day...
Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 AM

oh it's this months lol