Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Swap Hosts

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t195348.html
Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Krystyna-Sent you a PM.....I'm in for August.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 AM

I'm back from a quick weekend trip. So enjoying seeing what you ladies have been working on. Krystyna, no worries...I had the opportunity to go out on a boat on Flathead Lake and it was superb! Not the ocean, but super fun just the same. I will love whatever you send me.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi Ronda,
So glad you had a nice trip! Quilting is 95% done ... need to do some hand touch ups on the binding ... label is ready. And off it goes. To be followed by another soon. I figured out that when I am pressured by other tasks my creativity and execution goes down the drain. I'm probably over-stating my problems with this quilt, but when you have a partner like Ronda ... it matters!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 AM

Wow! I am loving all the quilts! I sent my DQ to Cuppy, she has received it and likes it. I am going to post a picture, since she didn't. I worked really hard on this one. I used several new to me techniques. The red and white material was sewn on the pattern lines, both right side up, white on the bottom. Then you cut out the portions you want to be white, leaving the red where you want the red. Then I sewed in the blue on the corner and trimmed very close to the stitching. I then free motioned the stars and trimmed out what I wanted to be white. Then I found some yarn that had texture to it and I couched the red yard over all the red and white seams, and the blues around the blue and white seams. If you have not tried this technique, you should, it was fun and easy. Oh, I sewed the stars like you would draw one with the intersecting lines cause I wanted to have that wonky look.
Attached Thumbnails cuppy-patriotic-dq2.jpg  

Last edited by buslady; 07-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Swap Hosts

Wonderful work, Onalee! The thing I love best about this swap is the opportunity to try new techniques on a small scale. It doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for posting your photo.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM

Onalee that is so cool! You just gave me an idea of how I could do another type of block with your cutaway applique technique! Love how yours turned out!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 AM

Love the dq's coming in. mine for Nancy is going in the mail tomorrow. I am in for Aug.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM

After spending all day today looking for my doll quilt which was all done except for the binding .... I cannot find it anywhere ..... thats what happens when you have 6 extra family members in your house for a week ...... just an amazing visit I had with my son, his wife, and four tean age grandsons ..... but all griping about loosing the mini quilt in the shuffle alot was accomplished..... they moved everything out of our 40 by 60 barn and cleaned up so we could pour a concrete floor in there .... then when the floor had cured they put everything back the way grampa C wanted it .. he didnt have to lift a finger.... neither did I .... Just feed them !!!!!!!!!!! ... they are awesome boys and Granny loves them .... but I just ask who ATE the quilt ........lol ........here I go off to start again ... Partner you will get your quilt by the end of the month ... have faith in me ....I do !!!! I'm getting off here and going to sew !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:58 PM

CRQ, what a lovely time you have had with your family but gosh don't think you are going to get a confession about who ATE the quilt from any of the teenagers LOL, that is way too funny. Keep searching though, it will turn up !