Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything >

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 PM

This is great fun, like just about everyone else I am finding it hard to fight the urge to buy one gift for my SP and also one for myself!! I hope she likes what I'm sending, I do like the idea of putting in a little something handmade (by me!) aswell, but I need to get mine off quite soon, it will take about a week to get from Scotland to the USA.
Enjoy!!
Sue (rummage)
Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 AM

For the person who is leary of the swap because we don't keep in touch with our secret pals.Well, me nad my last few secret pals still pm and email, etc. They are new friends and I intend to keep up with them. This swap is what you make of it and I have a party going on. Wahoooooo!!!!!!! My secret pal goes out on Monday.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Just an FYI. I am at a wedding in Pittsburgh till this Wednesday and then 2 days at a friends house in Atlanta. So if my secret pal has mailed to me I will get it till I get home on Saturday, if you have not mailed or will not maile before then no worries then. Just wanted to let you know as not to be rude for not posting. Also my person I will not mail to till I get back in hopes of visiting a local quilt shop here and finding both of us a little something :-)
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 AM

I am so dissappointed I still have not gotten my secret pal name yet. I have pm'd the person doing this several times and she keeps saying she will take care of it but still no pal. If someone has me as their secret pal then someone will be shorted. Last month was the first time I signed up and I enjoyed it now I am dissappointed. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me. Sorry for venting.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 AM

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a name, maybe she had something come up and she will get to you asap.

I would like to have a lot more information on any person I may ever get as a swap partner. That way I can lavish more gifts but it's hard to do that with too little info. I did manage to find lots of stuff for my swapee and yes, I had to by me one of what I bought my secret pal. I also did a little homemade gift too. I'm waiting on my stuff I ordered to get here to mail.

Suzanne
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 AM

This will make post 20. YAY!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 AM

SuzanneTx, It was fun last month I enjoyed picking out things for my pal I would rather give than receive although It did feel like Christmas when I opened my package. I just worry about someone not getting a package that should have gotten one. If she did not include my name at all it will all work out fine and that is ok I will just wait until next month.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 AM

June was my first Secret Pal swap, and I still have not received anything (July 9). After several inquiries to our swap moderator, I learned that it is not a back-and-forth swap between the same pairs of people; rather, the one who has your name is not the one whose name you have. Do all of you newbies know that? I didn't. Once you get your swap partner's name, you can email and ask for more info. as I did; I just never heard anything.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Last month was my first time and the secret pal I got also got my name. So sometimes you are paired up which is ok because you don't know it until you get your packages and that is a real surprise and fun.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:40 AM

:hunf: Mrs. Nat,
This is my first swap and I did not know that about who you got as your swap partner - it sounds mighty confusing :shock:

Sue (rummage)