Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything >

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 AM

Guess what! I got another surprise in the mail yesterday from my secret pal. She sent me milk chocolate truffle bars a couple of weeks ago and yesterday, she sent me some fabric and a pattern book called Susie's Sisters. They are "kin to" Sun Bonnet Sue. I was so excited! I wasn't feeling well because I had surgery last week and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Thank you Glenna from Sulphur, OK!

I am going to have to put a digital camera on my wish list for Christmas so I can take pictures too.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by vanessa
I am so jealous! I want a quilting angel!

Originally Posted by candi
I just received my package from my awesome secret pal, Lynnie, and I absolutely LOVE everything in it! I couldn't have picked a nicer things to send myself, I feel so blessed to have had Lynnie as my secret pal. Not only did she send me my favorite dark chocolate, a washable marking pen, two Quick Cuts patterns, three batik FQs, one green blender FQ and a yard of beautiful fall fabric, but she also made me an adorable quilting angel, with thread-covered wings and cute pin cushion! She made the angel and pin cushion especially for me with some of my favorite colors (and colors used to decorate my sewing room), I feel so lucky! I just love everything!
Lynnie, thanks for taking the time and effort to think up, choose and make a beautiful package for me.

:-D
Maybe you'll get Lynnie in August and she'll make you one :thumbup:
That would be so wonderful!

:D
Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 AM

No squishy for me today. I'm getting paranoid about my mail lady.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM

Grammyj was my secret pal and she sent the most fun package. I love the froggy material, actually I like all of the materials and never saw the neat binding and hem clips that I will get to try out on the next doll quilt. I have been wishing for a 4 inch squaring ruler and my seam ripper is in need of a replacement. The quilting magazine is lots of fun to look at and I love the fishy and sea horse templates, they will be perfect for my great grandson's quilt I will be making for his big boy bed. Thank you so much Grammyj, hope you are feeling better and your eye surgery goes well.

100_2632
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70054[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70049.jpe  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbsbus
Grammyj was my secret pal and she sent the most fun package. I love the froggy material, actually I like all of the materials and never saw the neat binding and hem clips that I will get to try out on the next doll quilt. I have been wishing for a 4 inch squaring ruler and my seam ripper is in need of a replacement. The quilting magazine is lots of fun to look at and I love the fishy and sea horse templates, they will be perfect for my great grandson's quilt I will be making for his big boy bed. Thank you so much Grammyj, hope you are feeling better and your eye surgery goes well.
Oooo, what a nice surprise!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 PM

Wonderful pressies!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 PM

I want to thank Tracy for my lovely secret friend gift.
I put it in another area and maybe that wasn't the right place. She sent me some great pieces of fabric, my favorite kind of thread, ric rac, and quilt squares and my favorite candy. And some scrapbooking items.
THank YOu so much!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that got my July package, but didn't know about posting to this topic list. Sorry, it's my first time at this. When I got the package, I did PM my secret pal, quilteddove, and thank her for her gift, a book of kids quilts and two lovely batik half yards. It was just so very sweet of her and a perfect gift!

This secret pal swap was really fun and the gift came at just the right time to lift my spirits. I signed up for August and will be certain to keep everyone posted this time!

Please forgiving my inexperience!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM

Just got home from our trip to Florida, nothing in ther mail :cry: maybe tomorrow
Old 07-28-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by shaysmema
Just got home from our trip to Florida, nothing in ther mail :cry: maybe tomorrow
I'm still waiting on mine also-I have met the mailman at the box everyday this week hoping I would have my package-no luck yet though. Half the fun is the waiting :)