Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything >

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

July Secret Pal *PM me if you have not gotten anything

Old 07-26-2010, 12:58 PM

I think sometimes people get uncomfortable when packages are what they perceive as over the top (not saying anyone has done that).

I know we are on a very fixed income and I have to watch my pennies but my husband is really great about me getting stuff on sale.

Suzanne
Old 07-26-2010, 01:48 PM

I got my special package today and my SP, Janetlmt, is the bestest! I will post pictures later...but I got the Sept. '10 Quilter Magazine, 5 gorgeous batik fat quarters, magic bobbin washers (I can't wait to try out), a Purple Thang (which I've been wondering what it does), a cute magnet and notepad. It was a great gift and so much fun to open. Thank you, thank you, thank you Janet - it is all perfect!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM

Can't wait to get my package from my secret pal. Those sound like GREAT things to get. Magic bobbin washers? What are they?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:16 PM

I got mine! I got mine!

It's from ChiggerHollerQuilter, and it is awesome! A Moda charm pack in wonderful, beautiful fall colors, a fat quarter of fall material, a pattern to use with both the thread and fat quarter ("Hunky Dory"), some water marbles--haven't ever seen these! Can't wait!!--some Sulky fall colored variegated thread, a nail file, and a very sweet note! Thank you!

(Can't take photos today; someone absconded with my camera!)
Old 07-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by vanessa
I am so jealous! I want a quilting angel!

Originally Posted by candi
I just received my package from my awesome secret pal, Lynnie, and I absolutely LOVE everything in it! I couldn't have picked a nicer things to send myself, I feel so blessed to have had Lynnie as my secret pal. Not only did she send me my favorite dark chocolate, a washable marking pen, two Quick Cuts patterns, three batik FQs, one green blender FQ and a yard of beautiful fall fabric, but she also made me an adorable quilting angel, with thread-covered wings and cute pin cushion! She made the angel and pin cushion especially for me with some of my favorite colors (and colors used to decorate my sewing room), I feel so lucky! I just love everything!
Lynnie, thanks for taking the time and effort to think up, choose and make a beautiful package for me.

:-D
Maybe you'll get Lynnie in August and she'll make you one :thumbup:
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthruff3
I got my special package today and my SP, Janetlmt, is the bestest! I will post pictures later...but I got the Sept. '10 Quilter Magazine, 5 gorgeous batik fat quarters, magic bobbin washers (I can't wait to try out), a Purple Thang (which I've been wondering what it does), a cute magnet and notepad. It was a great gift and so much fun to open. Thank you, thank you, thank you Janet - it is all perfect!!!
I am so glad you like your goodies..I had great joy choosing them. Enjoy!
Peace and Blessings
Old 07-26-2010, 06:19 PM

My parcel arrived today from mhunt. I received 4 lovely peces of fabric that will come in handy for future projects.
Thanks so much again
Cheers Jackie.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Here is the photo of the fabric and pins that I received from Luv Quilts and Cats.The fabric has really cut ladybugs or dots on it - so bright. I plan on using it to make my granddaughter a new nap quilt for pre-K. It came just in time since I need to be done with it within the next three weeks. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70370.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Here is the photo of the fabric and pins that I received from Luv Quilts and Cats.The fabric has really cut ladybugs or dots on it - so bright. I plan on using it to make my granddaughter a new nap quilt for pre-K. It came just in time since I need to be done with it within the next three weeks. Thanks again.
I lOVE the lady bug fabric. It's a great package.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Oh that's the cutest fabric!!