Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 AM

Jaba did you just buy a stilletto and add beads to it? My friend bought something similiar at a quilt shop. It was for doing needle turn applique. It was used to turn under the edge of the fabric. I was going to make one, but couldn't find anything metal, pointy, and short enough to decorate for an applique tool. The one my friend bought at a quilt shop was probably 4 inch in lenght. How long are the stillettos you make? They are very pretty.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 AM

Marybeth sorry to hear about your accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 AM

Good Morning ya'll! Marybeth praying for you and hope you heal very quickly!
Sp... your pkg will be delivered today! Hope you enjoy your (sugar free) and (blue) goodies! Hint!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
hello ladies, i am here in oregon writing this verrrrrry slowly! we went to the coast today to see the dock that floated in from japan... read about it in newspaper and thought it would make a nice day trip, well making long story shorter... i fell down a flight of stairs while shopping in newport.

I broke both my wrists!!!!!!!!!! so with two fingers i am slowly typing, ut with pain meds and fuzzy brain i am wondering how tough the rest of this trip is going to be... wish they hadan oil for this mess i have managed to get into!!

stitching post my sympthy for you and tumble off horse has totally taken an neew demention...

on another note, typing is majjor apin but I hateeeeee to imagine what sewing is going to be like for next few weeks.
tomottow my mom will come over to hekp me with a few thungs,so wwill be able to communicate wuth her help

URGGGGG... ps thanking GOD ,it is not worse! I could have broken my silly neck~~

OMG.... Wishing you speedy healing and pain that does not linger. I cannot imagine breaking both wrists - oh the things that will be sooooo difficult to do for a while. I'm surprised you can type at all. And yes!!!! Thankfully it was not worse. If we can do anything at all to help - just say the word, OK?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Marybeth, how awful! I can't imagine what you went through. I just hope that everything heals quickly and that the physical therapy that follows gets you back in tip top sewing shape soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 AM

My s pal should get her box today, hope she likes it !!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Jaba did you just buy a stilletto and add beads to it? My friend bought something similiar at a quilt shop. It was for doing needle turn applique. It was used to turn under the edge of the fabric. I was going to make one, but couldn't find anything metal, pointy, and short enough to decorate for an applique tool. The one my friend bought at a quilt shop was probably 4 inch in lenght. How long are the stillettos you make? They are very pretty.

Hi TooMany...

I loved the stilettos, so wanted to make some, too. Jaba, you created a monster!! I got the stainless steel turkey lacers at Bed, Bath, & Beyond - 6 for $.99. Then I got a few strings of beads on sales at Michaels and some jewelry glue. Bent the head of the lacers, and glued on the beads. I love how they turned out and now I need to get more bead colors. There is a LQS within walking distance of me, and I am going to try to sell them there for "stash" money. Jaba, I don't want to steal your thunder, so if you don't want anyone who copied you to send to an SP partner, just say the word..
Attached Thumbnails stilettos-first.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 AM

Oh mary beth...I cannot imagine how awful it is for you...it would be so difficult to not have use of your hands!! I hope you are better very soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Oh mary beth...I cannot imagine how awful it is for you...it would be so difficult to not have use of your hands!! I hope you are better very soon.
When my mother was alive she broke ONE wrist and the challenges of personal hygiene were formidable. Thank God my oldest sister is a nurse and was able to bring her to stay at her home.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
ditto that!!! wow glad it wasn't as bad as it could be. and on a brighter side think of all the housework and laundry and dishes and cooking you will get a break from and all the loving help you will have from your spouse. the sewing will wait for you, it always does.