Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Just a quick note to say "THANK YOU" to everyone for your
    thoughts and prayers.

My dad passed this morning at 8:00 he is finally at peace and
    where he wants to be "with his Annie".

Quilty-HUGS to all of you kind, wonderful friends.

Louise
    Louise dear, I am so sorry to hear of another loss you are having to endure. It is never easy, and it takes all our strength. They are forever in your heart, and you were blessed to have them. My prayers are with you.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Oh dear louise. I am so very sorry for your loss. I went though this ten years ago and it is a process to recover. Just be gentle with yourself and those around you. Try and take good care of yourself and remember the good times. They will always be there in your thoughts.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    well, I missed this thread. shame on me. Guess I won't be playing for July. Have fun girls. Will pop in to take a peak. Not sure why I did not see this on the swap thread.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I can swap on the side quiltermomma, that is if you want to.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Here we go a swapping Red, that will be fun. Thanks for asking. Sent you a reply PM.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I have decided that if I get names of people who said they liked my felt cushions I will send them the one they liked. I hope that is OK. I just also hope I don't get two people who liked the same one LOL
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Sorry for the delay. I have started swapping names for the pincushions. Still waiting on one in the pin cushion swap to finish her form. Hopefully I will get it by lunchtime tomorrow. My deadline to get your names to you is by 9pm CST.

On a personal note, I am going to finish up my obligations that I have already signed up for; I will continue to host this swap as long as you girls want to play with me; and there is a small swap that I do enjoy swapping in but I will not be participating in any other swaps. I have had my feelings hurt and don't want that to happen again. DH tells me all the time that I wear my feelings on my sleeve and it is true. Never thought that someone would be so cruel.

Yay! got my partners and will be ready to bo postal by Friday! Whoop! Earliest I have EVER shipped in a swap. Hope my partners love them. They definitely say "summer" - to me anyway. LOL.
    Tracey - sent you a PM.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I have started swapping names for the pincushions. Still waiting on one in the pin cushion swap to finish her form. Hopefully I will get it by lunchtime tomorrow. My deadline to get your names to you is by 9pm CST.

On a personal note, I am going to finish up my obligations that I have already signed up for; I will continue to host this swap as long as you girls want to play with me; and there is a small swap that I do enjoy swapping in but I will not be participating in any other swaps. I have had my feelings hurt and don't want that to happen again. DH tells me all the time that I wear my feelings on my sleeve and it is true. Never thought that someone would be so cruel.
    I would just ignore anyone immature enough to not care about other's feelings. If they act that way they don't belong on this board!! Remember most everyone here is supportive and care about each other. That's the purpose! We all appreciate what you do for us in setting up this swap, and get us together to form new friendships. Hope the hurtful person realizes that karma is a B*^%#

Well, since you mentioned it Ireland - All of your pincushions were very cute! I especially loved the mushrooms. But I don't have any felt pincushions just yet. So when you get me as a partner (ahem!) I would love any of them!
    Seriously though - I love all the pincushions I have received so far.
    QuiltyLouise - so sorry for your loss. The picture of your mom and dad is so sweet. We will miss you this month!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Tracey, I hope it wasn't someone in this swap who said something mean to you, but if they criticized how you run this swap they should be banned for life from the QB!! It's a lot of work to do what you do, and we all appreciate your efforts.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Woo hoo, got my names and I am off to cut and sew! Decided on my summer theme pattern yesterday after searching for days.

One partner is somewhere along the eastern seaboard, the other is almost as far away as she can be from the other. One is in a very small town, the other in a larger one. Added together, the zips total 94,364.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Pin cushion partner and needlecase partner your's was mailed today. Both going east....way east.

Tracey, some people just are rude individuals! Do NOT let one person get to you. You have all of us and we sincerely appreciate all your work! This now is the only swap I participate in. It is always warm and welcoming. Everyone is fabulous! I am sorry you went through that. But ya know what... it is NOT YOUR job to live up to someone else's expectations. Soooo phbbbt to them! :-D

AWESOME, I just got my names and I definitely get to give someone one of the cushions they mentioned in one of their replies. Nope... not gonna give hints will have to wait. It will go in the mail Friday. The second partner never mentioned anything so that one will get one made up for them after I do some stalking.... muhahahahaha
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    just came back from the $ store to get my 'shipping containers'. they will be going out on Friday.
    Tracey, I'm so sorry that someone was mean to you. Mean people should be shot. Why is it that
    when someone is so nice, there's an equally mean person waiting to burst our bubble of cheerfulness.
    Why can't these mean people be mean to another mean person, then they'll know how we feel. big
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, If they are so mean, they need to be deleted from our little group. Everyone
    here is so willing to give positive feedback. I love this swap, and feel that you,Tracy, give us your all, and
    for that, a big thanks.
    That being said, i'm off to start next months pc. can't wait to see what I get this swap!!!!!!!

Lynnie, in theory that is good but is somone is mean, another person being nasty to them, it just rolls off their back, no social conscience.

I just want to say to each of you, I consider you my online sisters. I enjoy logging in and catching up with you. I may not interact or comment on everything but I am listening and do want you to know I am loving getting to know you. On that note, thank you for you kind words of encouragement and outpouring of love. I really needed it. Guess I shouldn't have vented publicly, but it was eating me up inside and I knew that you girls would understand. Hugs to you all.

)

lynnie - has next month's theme been posted yet?! LOL. How in the world do you get them finished so quickly? I have my PC's finished. First one looks really cute. Second one looks like junk. Have to re-do that one.
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Finished one today. I love it myself. But, I will be good and send it along to it's rightful owner. LOL... I just need to stuff the other one and get the mailing supplies to get them ready to mail off. You will be surprised swap partner at what it is. LOL .... I love this teasing part.

Just remember that mean people get their reward eventually. Don't let one bad apple spoil it for everyone. There are always meanies around to try and hurt the nice ones. Stand up sister and smile. There are lots of us nice people around to lift you back up. My mother used to say, "Honey, Never give another person the power over your happiness in life."
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Got up early, finished my two cushions and will be heading to the P.O. in the morning. A small hint: I picked my favorite thing about summer, and no. it is NOT sun!! We get enough of that all year round. Couldn't figure out anything summery that would have gone with my partners' wish list but hope they will like what I made.

On anolther note, I am really loving all the pincushions I have been seeing on this swap. They are so fun. So I am doing a pincushion swap at my quilting guild and we will do our first swap next month. Seems to have people interested, will see who brings in a cushion. I'm doing it that you bring in one or two cushions, and put your name in a jar for each cushion you brought in. At the break, I will draw names and you pick in order of having your name drawn.

And a P.S. someone asked me in a PM about my avatar -- it is a tutorial I did on this board.

Judy, I love your idea for your Guild. Wish my little town had one or that I was close enough to one. Think the closest is Paducah, KY. From Springfield, TN it's about a 2 hour drive one way. How does one start a Guild?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Got up early, finished my two cushions and will be heading to the P.O. in the morning. A small hint: I picked my favorite thing about summer, and no. it is NOT sun!! We get enough of that all year round. Couldn't figure out anything summery that would have gone with my partners' wish list but hope they will like what I made.

On anolther note, I am really loving all the pincushions I have been seeing on this swap. They are so fun. So I am doing a pincushion swap at my quilting guild and we will do our first swap next month. Seems to have people interested, will see who brings in a cushion. I'm doing it that you bring in one or two cushions, and put your name in a jar for each cushion you brought in. At the break, I will draw names and you pick in order of having your name drawn.

And a P.S. someone asked me in a PM about my avatar -- it is a tutorial I did on this board.
    Paintmejudy, we had the most fun at our guild retreat this year- everyone made or bought a nice pincushion, and then we took the classic "white elephant" gift exchange and called it "rob your quilter" - used left,center,right dice, and passed in the indicated direction, and whoever rolled center got to steal a pincushion. We had a ton of fun and everyone went home with a great cushion.

Tracey, have no idea how to to this but I joined a guild with the AZ state's quilting society. Maybe your state quild could give you some info on how to start one. But a friend of mine in Oregon lives in a very small town and she is in a group that is informal, they meet once a month to quilt. Maybe that would work for you.

Dragon, I was going to do the "steal" system but I don't know how many are really going to participate in this so going to keep it simple for right now. If it takes off, I may do a different way to swap/snatch each month.

Mine are finished and ready to mail tomorrow. I won't show pictures because I have our hostess and I made one similar for quiltermomma. (Why spoil the surprise?) So please girls, post a pic when you receive it. I didn't take any knowing I couldn't post them. Enjoy! USPS Labels are all printed and ready to send them. My hubby got the biggest kick out of them.

Now... I wonder who got me? LOL...
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast