Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Prayers go out to Louise. I got my partner, cut my fabric and hopefully it turns out lovely the first time and I don't have to try again. I am a still learning a lot but def wouldn't send anything that I wouldn't be proud to receive! Thanks for letting me participate and a big thanks to our hostess! I think people who say hurtful words should not be able to participate in public forums.

Blog Entries
    Tracey, a big ole hug to you. From one Tennessean to another. lol.......
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
    Prayers go out to Louise. I got my partner, cut my fabric and hopefully it turns out lovely the first time and I don't have to try again. I am a still learning a lot but def wouldn't send anything that I wouldn't be proud to receive! Thanks for letting me participate and a big thanks to our hostess! I think people who say hurtful words should not be able to participate in public forums.
    Jamimclaugh - First pincushion/needlecase swap? Whatever you make will be perfect! This is the BEST swap group!
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    we have lots of fun here, everyone is positive and we all learn from each other. even us oldtimers. At least I feel I can learn from anyone at anytime

Blog Entries
    mailed out my 2 partners pin cushions, you should have it by Monday. I'm hoping it arrives all in one place.
    one is going north of me, not to far, but still north.
    the other is going west of me, but not to far, because you're supposed to get it monday too.
    be on the lookout and I hope you can post a pic of it.
    I love having themes, it makes me stretch my mind and gather new patterns. and look on bing for new ideas.
    Who else loves the themes??
    g

Blog Entries
    I sure miss swapping this month with you all. I only have 1 swap that
    I am in and I had already signed up and received my partners name by
    the time my dad passed so I didn't want to back out of that swap.

Yesterday was a bittersweet, painful and tough day, as it was the first
    holiday without my dad.
    I waited all day for my phone to ring with it being dad asking "What are
    your plans for today?". This would always end up being a call I received
    between 4am and 7am and more often than not I would still be asleep.

I will TRY to join you again for August.

Quilty-HUGS and love to you all and thank you for the kind words of
    love, sympathies and prayers for my family.

Louise
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
    Are you kidding? It will be handmade, by you, for that person: they will LOVE it!! Handmade items are simply the best!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Huge hugs Quilty-Louise! May your angels wrap their arms of love around you and help you through this time.
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Lynnie, I agree, with the theme swap, as long as my head can go that way This month I had a dream about this, I hope my partners like my dream....they should get them soon.

I agree, this is my favorite swap. Didn't think that I would continue it past April but it was such a hit. Now that we have added a theme... We do have an awesome group of girls. I love getting to know you all. JuneBillie, where in TN are you? I am north of Nashville about 30 miles in Robertson County. Louise you are very missed this month but I understand why. When my Grandmother passed, I would wait for her phone call. She will be gone 4 years in Nov. and I still have the urge to call her.

thanks for all the lovely words of encouragement ladies! I have definitely been enjoying the few swaps that I have participated in, you are all so nice and encouraging

OK I fibbed, I was going to mail out one of my cushions out on Friday, but I noticed a little item on it that needs fixed. So now both of my Secret Pals' pin cushions will go out Tuesday

Yes - went postal today! Hmmm.... Clues, clues. Let me see.
    PC partner #1 will receive Tuesday. It is traveling far to the west.
    PC partner #2 will also receive Tuesday. It is traveling to the north.
    I know - those clues are very specific. LOL.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    Tracey I am in east TN. Scott County.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Woooohooooo went to the mail box today, got the biggest, most juiciest strawberry I've ever seen. Yummy thank you so much Paintmejudy, I love it

Blog Entries
    I'm working like crazy on getting them done, hope to get the needle cases done tonight and the pincushions tomorrow.

Not feeling well. Spent the week end in the hospital with an upper respiratory infection. Not much sewing going here. Got the clear to go back to work tomorrow. Not sure how that will go, if I am not feeling any better I will be back at the Dr's office.

Shoot, I forgot to mention the most adorable radish I got out of my mailbox today!! Thank you Sandy. LOVE IT!! Daddy brought me radishes out of his garden last week. They would have to be my favorite summer salad veggie. I promise to post pictures later.

Hope you feel better soon queenof2802!

Ha ha ha ... Isn't that a scream? It is a fig tree pattern I found at fatquartershop.com. I read on the pattern where she has a family history of eating radish sandwiches? Kinda sounds a little too hot for me. But, different strokes for different folks.

I hope you get better quickly tracey. And I am so glad you like your pin cushion.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies - thought I would let you know about an awesome opportunity if you have need of scissors. Just went on Amazon looking for some scissors for my needlecases. Lo and behold, I found a deal of my dreams, and there are 3 pair left! 4" GINGHER embroidery scissors for under $7 with shipping! Look for the amazon marketplace merchant Zipperstop! I will finish needlecases tomorrow, of all the things not to have, I don't have a button the right color to sew on to close it!

Boxing em up! I am so excited cannot wait for them to reach their new homes!

Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Not feeling well. Spent the week end in the hospital with an upper respiratory infection. Not much sewing going here. Got the clear to go back to work tomorrow. Not sure how that will go, if I am not feeling any better I will be back at the Dr's office.
    Hoping you are feeling better. I hate hospitals but end up making about 5 trips a year for respiratory failure..Take care of yourself and don't rush back to work if you can afford to do so. Being in large groups of people when your system is weak can make you more apt to get sick again.

Lynnie ,
    Thank-you very ,very much for the lovely pincushion. Its awesome!! I should be able to post a pic later this week.

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  874.6 KB
    Redgar et did a side swap with me since I missed sign up and she sent me this adorable veggie, a radish pincushion. Isn't it the cutest!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast