Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 5" Charm Swap.  Theme:  Aquas-Teals! >

June 5" Charm Swap. Theme: Aquas-Teals!

June 5" Charm Swap. Theme: Aquas-Teals!

Old 06-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Most colors "change" depending on what they are next to. To me, as long as it is a mixture of blue and green it should be fine. There will be a lot of variety and that's what makes a quilt more interesting.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:06 AM

Agreeing with Faintly here …. if it's not a true green or blue then it is in the aqua realm. There will be lots of variety in this swap. Another tactic I'm using is to put a fabric next to a brown brown or a black, if it shows aqua, teal or turquoise then I'm adding it. Looking forward to seeing all your wonderful choices!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
Agreeing with Faintly here …. if it's not a true green or blue then it is in the aqua realm. There will be lots of variety in this swap. Another tactic I'm using is to put a fabric next to a brown brown or a black, if it shows aqua, teal or turquoise then I'm adding it. Looking forward to seeing all your wonderful choices!
MaryMo, Great idea! Thank you!
Old 06-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Agreeing with Faintly too doing my best to get it right. Here is what I done so far. Hope these are ok.
Attached Thumbnails 20180610_125941.jpg  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:31 PM

I seem to be having the same issue-I look at it one way and I see teal but then look again and see green
Old 06-10-2018, 08:11 PM

Will be sending mine out Monday they are ready to go. 12 Bags
Old 06-10-2018, 10:49 PM

My DD (fine artist) gave me a large color chart to help because I bothered her to view each FQ to make sure. The chart disappeared about 2 yrs ago! Then she recommended going to a paint store(Lowes, Home Depot, Pittsburgh Paint, etc) & get paper swatches in the color of the upcoming swap, went to several & have a mighty collection of various colors, enough to fill a shoe box. My problem is spending on plants or other "stuff" while I'm there!

So tempted to go to the storage unit & dig out my aquas & join this swap but must pack this house for the move.

Y'all have a wonderful swap. Off to find the tape gun, more boxes, and a sharpie!

hugs,
dj
Old 06-11-2018, 03:21 AM

Hi folks, 13 swappers that I can see so far, so no duplicates. Yay, us!

I'm having problems with the same. I love the paint chip and brown bag idea. It really does matter what it is up against. Yes, some show more green, and some more blue. I would use the above listed ideas from these smart gals, and if that doesn't work, put it against something you "know" is blue or green and see how it reads. Sometimes the reading is the hard part, but I know we all do our best, and that is all we can ask.

For me, with my trip coming up in November, I dream of the ocean and try to find those colors. yup, some are more blue than turquois....but I still try.

I know...clear as mud, right?? But they say mud is good for the skin, so. Meh. Let's roll with it
Old 06-11-2018, 03:21 AM

Faintly, got your note. I'll make a note of my own ;0)
Old 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM

I just need two more fabrics and I’ll be there. I’m going to stop at a Lqs that is going out of business tomorrow and I’ll see what they have. I’m so sad to be losing them.

It it turns out I only had a few fabrics scraps in teal so ended up buying fat quarters. I just went to the teal
section At my favorite lqs and got one of each, so I could be sure I was in the right color group! Even then as I was ironing them I started to wonder about a few of them...if they were truly teal or more blue...