Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: June 5" Charm Swap. Theme: Aquas-Teals!

June 5" Charm Swap. Theme: Aquas-Teals!

June 5 Charm Swap Theme: Aqua-Teal!
    Sign up ends Friday, June 12th. Swaps need to be in my hands by June 20th, with final distribution by June 23rd.

***The Theme for this months Swap is Aquas/Teals!***

1. You may swap up to 12 bags with 15 different 5" square charms in each bag. Send the kind you hope to receive. Only send 100% quilting cotton squares!

Do Not Send: thin fabrics, homespuns, dotted swiss, denim, flannel, polyester or polyester blends, eyelet, wool, linen, fleece, knit, broadcloth, seersucker, Etc. Only send 100% quilting cotton, please.

2. Take your time cutting and be sure you have correctly cut 5 squares. No one wants wonky squares! Weve had some issues in the past, but I think were all set, right ladies?

Cutting/Packaging Method:
    We will be sending 15 Different fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 15 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name & location on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "Redstilettos, West Bend, WI".

3. Put all your swap bags in one big ziplock then affix a tag on it that includes your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment - your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Padded flat rate envelopes are the best shipping method, the paper ones have a tendency to break open. You can order the padded flat rate envelops from the post office online, in packages of 10, and they are free. The cardboard type seams to rip too often for them to be reliable.

4. Postage: It costs $7.25 to ship the padded flat rate envelop. Please include a USPS Money Order for $7.25 in your big ziplock to pay to return ship to you. Very well hidden cash or stamps are okay as well. I cannot ship back to you until I receive payment. No personal or company checks, please. Also, Please put your board name on the outside of your package. I don't open these until I am ready to distribute, and having your board name on the outside allows me to keep track of any I may be missing, or allow me to give feedback to you when your package has arrived.

5. If I receive All swaps early, distribution back to swappers will be early, too!
    Lets aim to be early! If I do not receive early, distribution happen by June 23rd.

Im looking forward to having you!

If you have questions, please PM me,
    Thank you!
    Red

Me me me! In for 12.

My 12 bags are cut and ready to go!

I'm gathering mine and getting ready to cut. Count me in!

Blog Entries
    Count me in!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I'm in for 12 please

Great start, ladies!

Just a reminder to be very careful when cutting your 5" squares. Some have received squares that aren't quite up to par. We're chalking this up to a random "oopsie". thanks for all being so diligent on this. It makes for a great experience when there aren't any glitches.

Some of you are ready to post? What!?!?? I don't even have all mine purchased yet! LOL

I had to purchase most of mine. Had been buying some aquas recently for a quilt I'm working on, but not enough left for a swap. Okay by me, though, as I am building up colors that are deficient in my stash. By the time we've swapped all possible colors, I should have a very well-rounded assortment. My stash was mostly blues, greens and neutrals before and most of those were very grayed/muted. I have come to love clear bright color! A big thanks to Red and all swappers for getting me out of my color rut😘. I buy half yards, cut 2 5" strips for this swap and 2 2.5" strips for the birthday swap and have enough left to add a small amount to my stash. I am also finally using 50+ fabrics for a quilt instead of 5-7 and my quilts are so much more interesting now. (At least I think so!)

Quote Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
    I had to purchase most of mine. Had been buying some aquas recently for a quilt I'm working on, but not enough left for a swap. Okay by me, though, as I am building up colors that are deficient in my stash. By the time we've swapped all possible colors, I should have a very well-rounded assortment. My stash was mostly blues, greens and neutrals before and most of those were very grayed/muted. I have come to love clear bright color! A big thanks to Red and all swappers for getting me out of my color rut. I buy half yards, cut 2 5" strips for this swap and 2 2.5" strips for the birthday swap and have enough left to add a small amount to my stash. I am also finally using 50+ fabrics for a quilt instead of 5-7 and my quilts are so much more interesting now. (At least I think so!)
    That's a great idea!

I went ahead and pre-cut a bunch of squares for upcoming swaps, too. We were originally planning to put our house on the market last month, so I figured it would be a good idea to cut my squares, since I didn't know if/when I'd have access to my stash. We ended up deciding to wait until early next year to sell the house. Oh well. At least my squares are cut! LOL!

Regarding accuracy ...

I absolutely love my 5" Cut Rite Charm Maker ruler. It's made especially for cutting 5" charms, and is simple by design (no excessive markings, which eliminates the possibility of mis-measuring). It does have markings for 2-1/2" squares, which is great for that purpose, but you can also use the intersection of those lines to fussy cut a 5" charm. Just center up the design on the intersection, and cut your square.

Here's a link to it on the MSQC site. It's very reasonably priced (under $7). If you watch, they occasionally have free shipping for their "Daily Deal". Other places probably sell it, too.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...te-charm-maker

(No affiliation with MSQC or Quilter's Paradise other than being a happy customer.)

We're off to a good start, ladies.

Anyone already have ideas of what they will be doing with these? I'm tempted to make one of those hobo bags. I thought with all the beachy colors it will look great for my trip coming up in November. That will give me (hopefully) time to get it done!

In for 12!
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

This is by far my most favorite swap already! I love the color range. I love the idea of a beach tote. Aqua says ocean! Aqua is fresh clean water. Teal is such a rich jewel-tone...goes nice with a deep red or deep purple or royal blue...at least to me.

Who ever used: Aquanet Hair Spray?

Remember the Aqua-Velva man?

BTW-I'm in for 12!

I'm in for 12!

I'm in for 12!

To answer Crispy_Frog:

Who ever used: Aquanet Hair Spray? Me!

Remember the Aqua-Velva man? Yes!

What about DC comics AquaMan??

Blog Entries
    I'm in for 10.

Wish I had stock in aqua net in the 80s-me and my friends went through some serious amounts!!

Where is Aqua Net today? Can you still buy it?
    Same with Aqua Velvet?
    Where are all the "good" products?

Today signifies water …. all kinds of water products?
    Where have all the "good" products gone?

Red, a vacation bag would be nice …. but I'm thinking of a fabric collage of the sea.

Okay, so far we have 11, that I'm counting.

Let's drum up a few more so we don't have duplicates (for those of us sending in 12 instead of 10 or whatnot).

It's early, so there's still plenty of time!
    And such a gorgeous color.

Crispy, I can see why this is a favorite of yours!

MaryMo: Have you done collages before? I haven't...I'm not sure I'm that brave!

My 12 are going out in today's mail.

wow you're early, Faintly!

Blog Entries
    I’m so excited! I hadn’t thought about adding “extras” until I got my batik swap and a few people had included them. I’ve been enjoying thinking of things I could include...what fun! I found something I think is perfect and can’t wait for swap time now!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
    Wish I had stock in aqua net in the 80s-me and my friends went through some serious amounts!!
    🤣😂 just dont get near the outside grill with, not so lean, burgers on a windy day! Half an eyebrow later and struggling to find a salon open on a Sunday afternoon was a bite, but not into the burger. Back then, a new hair style wasnt in the plans that weekend 😢.
    When I grow old I will wear Red and Purple, and imagine a world where fabric is free and Quilting makes you thin !

Blog Entries
    I am in!
    I will be doing a little shopping and a little digging in my multiple stash boxes.
    I assume prints are suitable, I am not sure how large the print can be before it is ruled out. So, Red, I will be trying to forward you a pic to approve any I am uncomfortable with.
    Thanks again for all your hard work on the previous swap !
    Donna Senters
    When I grow old I will wear Red and Purple, and imagine a world where fabric is free and Quilting makes you thin !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast