Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June fat quarter {fq} swap >

June fat quarter {fq} swap

June fat quarter {fq} swap

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 PM

I received my 2nd set of fqs from homecaregiver, they're all so great! She enclosed a nice note and said this was her 1st time to be in this swap...so I want to give her an "extra shout-out" because she did a superb job of picking fabrics! Heres a pic:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419070[/ATTACH]
Thanks so much!
Kif
Attached Thumbnails 015.jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 PM

Me again...I also wanted to get feedback as to what everyone thinks about seersucker fabrics? I for one love some of the patterns of them, and I am fine with swapping them...I have used them in quilts, never had a problem. I also have some great ones that were actually bought by my grandma and my great-grandma and in addition to quilts some of them were used to make some of my lil dresses with matching ruffly panties back in the day (now I am dating myself...lol..). I have received them maybe a couple of times and I have shared a few in the swaps because I just love them! I have a very few of the "stripey" ones; this month I did include 1 that had stripes...one that was a patriotic red, white, and blue stripe. Most of mine have stars, flowers, dots, lil lady bugs, etc. I have Probably included them for 3 swaps over the last year. I never swap more than 2 of the 5, and usually only 1. I also include either an extra "regular" fq / pre-cut squares, tho I do that anyway...my version of chocolate. Also, I for one won't ever turn down someone's vintage fabrics (hint, hint...). Lastly I haven't had any negative pms about it on the few occasions I did enclose some. This could be because you gals are too nice to say "Don't send me seersucker, even if you send extra stuff!!!".
All this being said, I don't want to "swap" them if others don't like them. And my feelings won't be hurt if the consensus is "No way Kif!!" I know most swaps usually say no homespuns...but just wondered about the seersuckers...
Thanks all!
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 06-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:49 AM

Lisa and Nancy, I received both swaps yesterday. No picture at this time, hopefully later this afternoon. I don't know how to post pictures so DH said he would show me how. Please, don't hold your breath!
Any way, I love all the FQs I have received and have planned a table runner and pot holders.
Lisa sent a card with hers amd Nancy sent an extra FQ!
When will we find out what the next swap is going to be? I want to go shopping!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:03 AM

Hi Kif .... In response to your thoughts on seersucker .... I enjoy sewing with them for clothes but have not used them purposely in quilts, except for scrappy quilts for myself. When I belonged to a guild, one of the members let me know that seersucker was not appropriate for quilts - very loudly - quilt police humiliation drove me away from guilds after that. That experience still haunts me, but I am willing to try again ... so swapping would be fun. I also have many vintage fabrics, some of which I sent last month to swappers .... at least I didn't sent them some of the many, many, many yards of 60's - 70's polyesters!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:06 AM

these are my FQ'S from starshine. She did a great job and I hope to make a table runner .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 06:47 AM

I have seersucker pieces that I have purchased and used...I love them.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:19 AM

Oh I used to wear seersucker shorts all summer, they were my favs! I would be happy to receive them, not so much the polyester lol.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 AM

After all the bragging about knowing how to post pictures ............... well, if it doesn't work this time I'll just give up.

But I want to thank ssnare for the first set and the 2nd set from tumrub. Thank you ladies so much, I love them. Sorry it took me so long to post, but I couldn't get the pictures to come up.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 AM

oh sewellie,

I feel your pain. Was having the same problem. My son got here from Texas for fathersday and helped me do it. I have to do it in a round about way,but I can do it so thats all that counts. Good luck to you.

Marie
Old 06-15-2013, 01:07 PM

Hope my partner liked her FQ's because I still haven't heard from her.