Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31 >

June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31

June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31

Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

love the personalization, love the strawberry too!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:58 AM

I can't believe I missed so much -- I didn't even realize I've been gone that long! Thought I peeked in yesterday, but I guess not!

All those beautiful pc's & nc's -- where to begin. Everybody has done such a fabulous job! All are great -- & making me drool! I think I had 4 pages to catch up on, & it seems like each page had more pc's & nc's than I've seen in a while!

Good job, everyone!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:51 AM

Thank you, Anna, for posting pictures for me! I absolutely LOVE everything Anna made for me. Especially the velvet strawberry with the seed beads that look just like the real thing on it. The top is a very Victorian filigree and I adore it. I am trying to figure out how I can use it for a brooch! A wonderful job all around. Thank you SO much! I love and appreciate everything.

I spent all day in the car yesterday driving to Texas to get my husband's Father's Day present, An Olde English Mastiff puppy we have named, Tuppence. Here she is!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523022[/ATTACH]
With Annie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523023[/ATTACH]

Checking out her new accommodations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523024[/ATTACH]

With Mike, Ellie and Gabe (And a jealous Trinity & Reba)

Please excuse the Mr's hairy tummy.....I don't know how to resize the picture!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523025[/ATTACH]

Being introduced to Annie, Caleb and Norm
(Who are laughing because Tuppy has stolen Peanut's very precious kong!)
(That is a very sad Peanut in the background!)

Thanks for letting me share the photos of our happiness. It does tie in to the thread as I am going to take off July from the swap to spend working with Miss Tuppence. She was a "rescue" that had been tied up in a yard with little shelter and lots of neglect. I'll be back in August. It is just that the first few days and weeks are so critical when you are working with a dog her age.

She has never been around chickens, goats, cats or children for that matter. She has done wonderfully as we have slowly introduced them. OEM's are the perfect family dog and she exhibits all of the wonderful attributes they possess. She is as smart as a whip and already has the Sit/Stay command down. She responds quickly to a firm NO and I am sure she will seamlessly slip into her role in our family. But, I am giving myself July to work with her.....I will miss all of the fun! See you all again soon!

Thanks again to my TWO partners this month! Big Hugs to Suzy0879 and FabQuilter you are both awesome!

Deb
Attached Thumbnails 100_9157.jpg   100_9141.jpg   100_9135.jpg   100_9126.jpg  
Old 06-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Deb, thank you for the wonderful pictures of your new dog and your family. It's great to get to know you that way. I wish you all the luck in the world with your rescue pup. what a wonderful thing you've done to take in a lonely abused dog and turn him into the perfect family pet. He will reward you 10 times over with love. I had a rescue 24 yrs ago. tied to a step by 3 feet of rope, the building was being blown up. we took him in and what a winner he was. thanks again for sharing family and puppy photos. have the month of fun off from us.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:16 AM

Deb:

You are welcome. I too absolutely love the swap packages I received from my two partners, jaba and you. And I'm impressed with all the talent demonstrated in the shared posted pictures by all others here. A real treat to see them all.

Deb, thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful family and your new puppy.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Deb beautiful family and friends. Love the brindle markings on your new baby. Love the pictures. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:58 PM

What a wonderful thing you are doing with the new puppy. You have a beautiful family! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Take July off and come back to see us in August if all goes well. We will miss you but check in with us every once in awhile and let us know how things are going. Hugs to you and your family! <3
Old 06-21-2015, 03:13 PM

Patchesnposies -- What a precious gift you gave hubby! I love her name, too -- Tuppence! Your family is beautiful. Thanks for sharing all those lovely photos!
Old 06-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Karen, pretty avatar. You always have a great one.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Mary, that was the mini quilt I made for the swap this month.