Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM

Mary~new avatar is sooo cute...what's your furbaby's name?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM

My box went out a day or so ago... it's got a lot of water to fly over!

We're on our way to a vacation on the other side of the country (Montana to North Carolina - not a short trip) and so, if any of you ladies are worried about getting a box to me on time, don't stress! We'll be gone until the 21st.

I keep seeing everyone posting about mailing late and I'm so excited to get a box, but I don't want my sending pal to be worried!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
......I am willing to swap homemade apple butter....
so what else would you like to swap for some homemade apple butter? i luv it!!!!

do i need to make even more ps potholders? just lemme know.

oh and you can throw one of those ironing pads in to use as insulation for the apple butter jar to prevent breakage during mailing. i really wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-09-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Brenda his name is Rusty. Isn't he soo cute. He's almost 9 yrs old. Couldn't get a picture with my other dog Mac. Mac is almost 17. I'll change to his picture later.Rusty's birthday is 4th of july. Thanks for the comment. Mary
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Swap Hosts

Rusty is adorable! Wow are you running a canine old age home? You must really pamper those pups.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Here is a hint for people that are ordering something online for their sp, you can give your secret pal's address and have it shipped to them direct. Then you don't have to worry about when it will get to you. When sp posts that they got something they didn't order you can tell them it was from you!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM

K and Quilty Louise nice embroidery work! I sent off my SP's package off today! Seagasal, I downloaded that pattern and got the insul bright and ironing board fabric at joann's they had a sale on their "utility" fabric for a $1 off. My questions is: What kind of needle did u use to sew it? I'm eager to make one as well!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM

My youngest sister, Jeanette just called a couple minutes ago. She is out shopping right now in WA with her Sister in law and a lady saw her bag that my mom and I put together for her and goes: oh that bag is so cute, where did you find that. She told them that my mom and I put it together and made it for her. The lady goes: they should start selling them.

They are the easiest bags in the world to make. My mom made two last night in one hour.

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I got my SP package but don't have a screen name to thank (have already PM'ed Lori to find it out)....got 5 FQ's or bigger in to die for colors, just what I asked for, a purple thang, 2 Frixion pens, a neck pouch from the Quilter's safari, looks very handy, some chocolate mint teabags that I will try soon, a great postcard of Springfield Or with a lovely note on it and a cute looking pattern from All People Quilt for a reversible tote/purse...Thanks a bunch Juli!!

PS great earrings and such you embroiders!! Really cool looking.

Duh, thanks K I'll PM her, didn't even think to check. NO photos for now, too little energy to expend it on them right now, maybe when I feel better, you'll just have to live with it
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Here is a hint for people that are ordering something online for their sp, you can give your secret pal's address and have it shipped to them direct. Then you don't have to worry about when it will get to you. When sp posts that they got something they didn't order you can tell them it was from you!
lori this sounds good in theory but...... there are a whole lot of 'what ifs' that go along with that.

to recount a fairly recent experience i had doing this: my best friend loved to watch oprah when we were college roommates. she rushed home everyday to watch it. so i thought for a birthday i would order the 20th anniversity dvd set of oprah highlight clips and have them sent directly to her. i noted on the ordering site that is was a gift so i wasnt sure what info they would include in the package to denote that and i could only hope they did not include my sales order slip in the package.

well the package was delivered, in her name, and because she did not recognize the company name on the package and she knew she had not ordered anything, she gave the box unopened to her sil who worked at a private school in the bookstore, because she assumed the package was for her sil even though it was in my friend's name (my friend was controller for the same school). her sil took the box unopened to the school bookstore and opened it to find the oprah dvds. she knew they weren't for the school so she brought them back home and gave them to my friend. well my friend had no idea who they were from so i have to assume that there was nothing in the box to denote they were a gift from me or either the paperwork was discarded.

i finally called and spoke with her daughter to see if she ever received the dvds. yes she did and this dvd travel tale was recounted to me. i never did receive a copy of my order slip so i'm thinking that must have been in the box or not or discarded.

needless to say, i do not have anything else i order sent to anyone but me. while i realize that this tale should not be the typical results of having things mailed to someone other than yourself there are still the.....what if's.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Mary,

I too have had some weird things happen to "gifts" that I
tried to have sent directly to someone, on several ocassions
the "gift" was returned because they did not order anything.

This created a HUGE nightmare for me trying to get refunds
issued.

Now if I am going to do a drop ship to any one I may "spoil"
the surprise, but I let the person know that there WILL be
mail/package coming to them that they did not order and to
PLEASE not return, or discard it until they check it out. If there
is no note or anything to say it was a gift from me then contact
me and ASK if that is what I had sent to them.

I use to send a "digital" copy of Quilter's World magazine to a
couple friends for their birthdays each year, until I found out
that they thought it was "junk" mail trying to get them to sign
up and pay for it, not realizing it was already paid for.

So they deleted the emails. Stopped wasted my money on that
kind of gift.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
lori this sounds good in theory but...... there are a whole lot of 'what ifs' that go along with that.

to recount a fairly recent experience i had doing this: my best friend loved to watch oprah when we were college roommates. she rushed home everyday to watch it. so i thought for a birthday i would order the 20th anniversity dvd set of oprah highlight clips and have them sent directly to her. i noted on the ordering site that is was a gift so i wasnt sure what info they would include in the package to denote that and i could only hope they did not include my sales order slip in the package.

well the package was delivered, in her name, and because she did not recognize the company name on the package and she knew she had not ordered anything, she gave the box unopened to her sil who worked at a private school in the bookstore, because she assumed the package was for her sil even though it was in my friend's name (my friend was controller for the same school). her sil took the box unopened to the school bookstore and opened it to find the oprah dvds. she knew they weren't for the school so she brought them back home and gave them to my friend. well my friend had no idea who they were from so i have to assume that there was nothing in the box to denote they were a gift from me or either the paperwork was discarded.

i finally called and spoke with her daughter to see if she ever received the dvds. yes she did and this dvd travel tale was recounted to me. i never did receive a copy of my order slip so i'm thinking that must have been in the box or not or discarded.

needless to say, i do not have anything else i order sent to anyone but me. while i realize that this tale should not be the typical results of having things mailed to someone other than yourself there are still the.....what if's.