Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the well wishes, my chronic illness waxes and wanes and right now it's really draining me badly. I can't remember when I quilted last. we've cancelled winter, spring and summer trips.

Great hair and cute picture Pinkwater.

Ok, my packages have been sent and received let's get on to next month already
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Wow great packages coming in all! Krystyna, you are so right, no one said how the "shoes" should come in! Havplenty if you have several allergies its not a good idea to get a tattoo. I had a friend who had several allergies and after having a simple tattoo she was very ill. Ask your doc if its ok. Greenini, hope you feel better! Pinkwater nice hairstyle, love it! Ok going to Joanns and getting some embroidery thread by Sulky that's on 1/2 price! Everyone have a great day! Its hot and humid here in SWFL so I'll be having plenty of margaritas! Hey I have to keep hydrated ok?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 AM

I have received my amazing package from my partner, LUVSTOQUILT. She sent me so many things that fit me perfectly. She should be a personal shopper as a profession. She found a new quilt magazine with a perfec pattern it of flip flops. I just need to decide what color scheme to go with so I can get started on it. I had listed that I wanted chalkboard fabric. Well, I think she sent me enough to make a chalkboard. I plan on making some pillows that I saw somewhere. They had an airplane made out of the chalkboard fabric on them so the little ones could write on them. She even found 6 thimbles to add to my collection and a little unit for the wall to put them in. How great is that? Here are the other things I received:

smarties
cupcake oven mitt pattern
ABC book pattern
Fiskars pruning snips
Counted cross stitch angel
Joanne pattern ideas
Quilting pins
Needlecase
Sticky notes
Note cards
Sock Monkey Fabric
A very nice handwritten note

I know she was my assigned partner but I truly consider her an ANGEL. Great job. Thanks for making my day!!
Attached Thumbnails p6091189-small-.jpg   p6091190-small-.jpg   p6091191-small-.jpg  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM

very nice package Sue
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Nice package, indeed.
I have to tell you this ... especially Brenda ... yesterday we were walking the dogs and down the path came this little round sausage of a mini pin! I said to my husband, "Oh, that's what the other Daisy looks like." He looked confused. I said, "My QB friend, Brenda's pup." ... and he said, "Oh, Frenda!" So that is your new name, Frenda!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Sustraley, what a nice swap you got. I love the quilt it is on in the picture. Krystyna I love the frenda.lol
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Love the do!!!!

Originally Posted by Pinkwater View Post
Almost ready to mail but someone is getting 2 packages since one of the items won't fit in the box. Ladies, it's you are all going to have to pick a favorite other than chocolate unless you like chocolate soup! It's too hot to mail it!
I managed to come up with items off each person's favorites and then a few surprises. Tomorrow I finish the final handmade item and then packages should go into the mail on Monday. One to the big derby, one to a state with waay to many vowels and one to the sick state.
Tomorrow I go to a big family shindig and here's [ATTACH=CONFIG]341003[/ATTACH] a picture to show you all a surprise that I'm "unveiling"! New awesome haircut that's platinum blonde and pink!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
very sick from the new meds the great docs decided to put me on.But besides that Iam sending out my sp package Mon.Ive been very sick Iam sorry for the delay .God bless everyone.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM

So sorry that you are sick Joejoe, I hate it when the doctor changes meds! I am in awe over all the goodies that have been posted here! I sure hope my little box is as well received!

I just finished another book on my Kindle Fire~ I love it, my son and DIL got it for me for my birthday and I get free books from Pixel of Ink~ It is so much easier now to take my Kindle with me rather than a stack of books~

Stacey I like your Avi, it is really cute, does it do other blocks? I have a software program that I got from a friend but it does not work on my operating system. I have Vista and it operates on I believe XP or Windows 98. If any one wants it let me know. I will get more information as soon as I get to the bottom of the junk piled on this table!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM

there have been some really great packages coming in, keep up the good work and remember to send in those pms! Lori