Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
BAH!!! You're a stinker!
I know thats what makes it fun,lol. Perhaps some more of that yummy jelly and I will give some more clues. Having it with homemade bread
and being stingy with it to make it last. You need to make a cookbook.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 AM

lori,,
So glad that you got home safe and yikes that you had to walk.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Had a terrible storm here this afternoon about 4pm and I was caught in it on my way to Marty's house. I swear the winds were 80 mph and I had to dodge downed power lines and things flying in the air to get to her house! I kept praying the whole drive! The whole town lost electicity and mine just came on and cable was out also. I am back up and running now since 2:45 am meaning things were out here at my apt building since 4pm last night.It was a VERY long walk in the dark to my apartment I can tell you! Marty got her electric back at 7:15pm! You would think that they would get electric back to the elderly and disabled first! Oh well. Main thing is that I am safe and back online!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by hoppa View Post
I know thats what makes it fun,lol. Perhaps some more of that yummy jelly and I will give some more clues. Having it with homemade bread
and being stingy with it to make it last. You need to make a cookbook.
I actually did write a cookbook. Meatleass Meals for Lent Made Easy. Not very exciting ...
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM

I must admit, I like most of the people who participate in the swaps here on the board are looking for unique gifts for the swaps. Well, I have to say that the one where Onalee sent her pal a tiny jar full of genuine Idaho dust is very cute and unusual. Wish I would have thought of it. I may just have to steal that idea for the next swap. Just wait until winter and maybe I can figure out how to send snow from here.LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 AM

I have my SP pkg ready for mailing, but no room on the scooter to bring all in. It was one of those mornings where we had to move fast. DH needed the car to go rescue son's truck, I jumped on the scooter with little compartment for hauling. Will mail it tomorrow. Got my SP pkg Saturday, it was GREAT!! Pictures and sender tomorrow, as well. Tomorrow WILL be better!!!! I am loving the pictures, everyone is getting/giving such wonderful surprises!! I so enjoy the swap. Wasn't able to get on to read and post, the board was working really funky all weekend. That or my phone. Took FOREVER to load a page. Regular computer was doing that on Friday, but not as bad as the phone. Not complaining, just stating. LOL I was way behind in reading. Couple of times, thought "I'll comment on that", but by the time I got done reading (between working, what a pain) I cannot remember all the stuff I was going to comment on. Sooooooo..... Good wishes to everyone on the board. Take care, and keep up the good work on all the sewing, etc. This is so much fun, and I love all the people I am getting to know on the board. You raise my spirits every time!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Good morning all! Awesome packages coming in! Faye, your poem is inspirational! Krystyna hope you find out what it is you have there, it is a mystery! **Jan my heart and prayers go out to you. You are a strong woman of faith and God will not let you down. {{{{{HUGS & BLESSINGS}}}}} I'm waiting for my package too and am excited but patient!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
My goodness...what a fabulous package I received over the weekend from Quiltymom!!! A beautiful handmade basket, needlecase AND purse insert in addition to beautiful FQ's, teabags with the cutest teabag rest, a 2" thimble template, McCalls pattern with the neatest patterns for quilted baskets, organizers and accessories, a change purse, color wheel, a large bag of swedish fish...yummeroo!!! and a postcard from her hometown. Thank you so much Sue! I absolutely LOVE everything and hope I haven't forgot anything...here are a few pics for everyone to see...
What is the thimble template ? for making thimbles or what?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Came home from weekend away to a wonderful package from madall - Michelle. Filled with so many goodies -- appliqué potholders, notepad, tissue holder, candle and elephant pincushion, elephant picture, elephant filled with my favorite -- jelly beans and a needlepoint design kit. I'm in jellybean/elephant heaven. Thank you Michelle so very much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342859[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sp-june12.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Schoom View Post
Came home from weekend away to a wonderful package from madall - Michelle. Filled with so many goodies -- appliqué potholders, notepad, tissue holder, candle and elephant pincushion, elephant picture, elephant filled with my favorite -- jelly beans and a needlepoint design kit. I'm in jellybean/elephant heaven. Thank you Michelle so very much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342859[/ATTACH]
you are so welcome. hope you enjoy all of your goodies. give Edna the elephant a kiss for me she was a work of love and yes, a little frustration. LOL she looks so very happy now that she is home where she belongs.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM

cute elephant pincushion!