Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20

Thread: June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Great package, Knitette. I had to go look up a Seam-Fix. What a neat gizmo! I now want one, but have already sent in my questionnaire for July. Will have to put it on August's list. One of the real benefits to me as a new quilter is seeing the goodies in these packages that I would never have known even existed.

Blog Entries
    Cogito, I hate to see you leave. I've been doing this swap for a bout 18 months. Twice I've had to have an angel send a pkg to me. There are so many wonderful quilters in this swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Great package, Knitette. I had to go look up a Seam-Fix. What a neat gizmo! I now want one, but have already sent in my questionnaire for July. Will have to put it on August's list. One of the real benefits to me as a new quilter is seeing the goodies in these packages that I would never have known even existed.
    Boy, was I glad to see that Seam Fix! Yesterday I sewed the binding on to a quilt, only to find I'd sewn it to the wrong side... Today I zipped it off, popped it in the dryer to get rid of those threads, while I used the Seam Fix to 'rub out' the ones on the quilt. Took no time at all!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Power Poster
    Prayers Catpowski. Nice package knitette , have never heard of seam fix before.

Blog Entries
    Wow, wonderful package Knitette! Love the Banana cat pattern! And the fat quarters.....mmmhhh hhhm!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Been away for a few days.......thanks for the prayers............had radiation treatment for thyroid cancer......... my cheeks and neck look like a chimpmunk storing nuts for the winter.............I very tired and sore in the neck area but besides that all is good..............I also have to suck on sour items so now I feel all puckered up.............ready for a nap so I'll check back again..............

Hope on Monday everyone gets their packages............signed up again for two swaps next month..........

Blog Entries
    cat, wishing you warm quilty hugs and felling better soon.

Cat I admire your strength. Hugs and prayers sent your way. Feel better soon! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

TY from my SP

Here is a picture of the Thank You gift from Gaijin. She sent it because she is grateful swappers are willing to send internationally so they can participate. She didn't have to do this but I will enjoy it. The card she included I plan to frame it is so pretty and looks like a painting. Thank you Deborah!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    beautiful fabric, I especially love those little girls. what will you do with it??? please show us.

Is anyone else still on the bench with me?

Starshine what beautiful fabrics and a beautiful jesture too.hugs Mary
    Mary

Power Poster
    Cat thoughts and prayers for you while going through treatments.

Not sure what I will do with them yet but definitely will be planning something. One of my daughters did 2 years in Japan with the Exchange Teaching program and she made a wooden doll while there and gave it to me when she came home. I am thinking of making a small wall hanging with the doll fabric and either hang it near the doll or use it to put the doll on. But since I have a few things on my "must do" first list I'll have awhile to let ideas develop.

TooManyUFOs I am thinking Lori knows you are here on the bench, and if so I'm sure she is checking it out(if not let her know). Hopefully your package is soon to be delivered. Shall I bring some wine coolers over?

Louise and Cat prayers, thoughts and {{{{hugs}}}}!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    Here is a picture of the Thank You gift from Gaijin. She sent it because she is grateful swappers are willing to send internationally so they can participate. She didn't have to do this but I will enjoy it. The card she included I plan to frame it is so pretty and looks like a painting. Thank you Deborah!
    Very nice! I just sent a doll quilt (and other little goodies) to Gaijin in Japan....it is pretty pricey to mail there! But, I loved the opportunity to send a little quilt to live across the Ocean! And I get one back in return from Japan! So worth it in the end.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

[QUOTE=starshine;6154939]
    TooManyUFOs I am thinking Lori knows you are here on the bench, and if so I'm sure she is checking it out(if not let her know). Hopefully your package is soon to be delivered. Shall I bring some wine coolers over?

Thanks for the offer, but I don't drink. You can visit with me and have a wine cooler and I will have iced tea. Thanks for the offer. Lori has sent me a pm and I guess an angel will be sending me a pkg. I won't be able to swap for a few months, but will be back to swap later(maybe Sept). I really like this swap.

Too.... I'll keep ya company as I haven't received mine yet either. It's a bit chilly here today so I'm bringing a nice themos of hazelnut cappicino with me.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    Too.... I'll keep ya company as I haven't received mine yet either. It's a bit chilly here today so I'm bringing a nice themos of hazelnut cappicino with me.

Tricia
    hope you get your pkg soon as well. My DD just made raisin oatmeal cookies, so will bring them. Thanks for the company.

I received the most wonderful pkg from Cogito/Mary. She went above and beyond as an angel. I will post pics tomorrow. Thanks so very much. It is so very special when someone sends an extra pkg, so you aren't left out. Thank you for your caring. You are an angel!

Is that it? Everyone done receiving now?
    Mary

I know for sure that Bilben hasn't received the second half of her package. It passed Canada's customs on July 4th, so hopefully will be delivered within the week.

Blog Entries
    Quercus Rubra received hers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    I know for sure that Bilben hasn't received the second half of her package. It passed Canada's customs on July 4th, so hopefully will be delivered within the week.
    I received it today! Thank you so much, Belfrybat! Many beautiful fabrics, some needles, a pattern, and what I asked for - hexies!, all kinds of hexies with fabric and instructions and everything I could ever need. I just bought a new-to-me pop-up tent trailer, and these will keep me entertained while I'm out camping, since I will be force to be without my iPad. Thanks again Belfybat, you are a very generous partner!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are most welcome! I'm just sorry that mail takes so long to get to you.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20