• March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap >
  • March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

• March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 03-19-2016, 03:25 PM
    Power Poster

Here's the finish of Russell's Nebula:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545339[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545340[/ATTACH]

I will make more of these. Interesting how they come together. Great way to use up scraps that start as 2 1/2" squares and end up as 1" square. I don't know who came up with this idea but I would say they are close to addicting.
    peace
    Attached Thumbnails dsc06521.jpg   dsc06524.jpg  
    Old 03-19-2016, 08:38 PM

Wow ! I love the idea! I am not really sure I will have time to be in but I can try...as long as International quilters are ok for you as I am living in Thailand at the moment. Do you know if there is any price to pay to receive package from abroad? I will not join if there is the chance you have to pay to receive it.

I am a novice but I would love to by part of this.
    I like the fact that there is no pressure because I am always kind of busy and I would not commit if I am not sure I do not cause problem to anyone...as I understood if at the dead-line I am not ready I will not send the message to join officially but I will be able to be in the next one, right?
    Old 03-20-2016, 03:44 AM

Ube that is very cool!
    Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 AM

Gerry - I believe that if you pay sufficient postage (hahahaha) then there is no cost for the recipient. I have sent packages all over the world and have never had someone tell me they had to pay extra!

The ONLY time the recipient has to pay IN CANADA (I don't know about the US) is when the item is brand new or or if it's a service, then we have to pay our goods and / or services tax (13%) on the cost of the service. For example - when I send a quilt top to be quilted, if the quilter puts a value of $400 on the customs label I have to pay 13% tax on the $400 of "her services." Regardless of the price, I have to pay tax.

If it is brand new and NOT purchased in Canada, then I would have to pay tax 13% for the NEW goods. When I am receiving packages from people around the world, as long as it is NOT new, I don't have to pay tax. My quilter friend now puts a value of $20 on the quilts she does for me!

I hope that makes sense!

Marion
    Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gerrycnx
    Wow ! I love the idea! I am not really sure I will have time to be in but I can try...as long as International quilters are ok for you as I am living in Thailand at the moment. Do you know if there is any price to pay to receive package from abroad? I will not join if there is the chance you have to pay to receive it.

I am a novice but I would love to by part of this.
    I like the fact that there is no pressure because I am always kind of busy and I would not commit if I am not sure I do not cause problem to anyone...as I understood if at the dead-line I am not ready I will not send the message to join officially but I will be able to be in the next one, right?
    We would love to have you come and play with us Gerry. Yes you are right. If you are not done by the mailing date you can wait and join in the next swap. The only list that commits you to send is the ready to mail list. Signing up is just for fun and does not mean you have to be ready to mail.

I've never heard that anyone has to pay extra when receiving and we have had several international swappers. I have also sent many packages all over the world and have not heard anyone say they had to pay anything upon receipt. I would say ask your postal service what the rules for your area are to be sure you wont' have to pay anything.

If you are interested then I need your postal address / if you are allergic to anything / if you have pets or smoke/ and I would like an email if you could. Just send it in a pm please not on the thread here.

Last edited by Rhonda; 03-20-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Old 03-20-2016, 01:48 PM
    Power Poster

Welcome to the swap Gerry. This is a no pressure swap. Have fun with whatever you do. It is hard some times with the busy lives we have.

Well, it just started snowing here in Eastern Pennsylvania at 5:30pm. I really do not want any more snow!

I have another tessellation on the go, red, white and blue!

I am enjoying my last week of vacation in my work year which starts in April and ends the last of March. My yearly schedule is weird because I work at a season specific business which is Christmas and this is the slow time of the year so it is better to take vacation now.

peace
    Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM

Ube, your little quilts make me want to use up my 2 1/2 inch squares. The Nebula is really neat!
    Old 03-21-2016, 08:48 AM
    Power Poster

No snow here, YEAH! Sorry New England.

Thanks Skaduzy. These "littles" are a bit of fun.

I am loading a top onto my LAM right now for some practice.
    peace
    Old 03-21-2016, 11:14 AM
    Power Poster

Smile

I'm starting to safe up all those little pieces of fabric. Maybe I get inspire or most likely I will be shipping to whomever wants them. I am currently taking a class at our local Quilt Store on the Farm Girl Vintage Girl Sampler by Lori Holt. That is enough small stuff to keep me busy.
    Old 03-21-2016, 11:59 AM

JNCT14 - Love the bookcase quilt, and I am sure it was fun to make it for someone else. Did they tell you what items they wanted on their bookcase?

Ube - Did you use the small Twister ruler to make Russell's Nebula? No matter how you did it, it turned out beautifully.