Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:19 PM

Kiffie, I don't like snakes. I once saved a rat at the pet store because they were going to feed it to the snake. That was my little McCarthy; he was a real sweetie. Gave me kisses & sat on my shoulder. Had to watch out for the cat, though. I never saw her move so fast as when McCarthy sat on my shoulder. That was in the late 1980s.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

I'm planning on finding out what my partner's dream destination is, and then making something from that. After all, it's going to be her mug rug. Why should she want to look at my dream place all the time (unless we share the same dreams?)
Old 02-26-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
Our Australian friend is in the middle of summer...she would probably appreciate your snowballs!
I can't imagine how cold it is over there...a Melbourne winter is cold enough for me - and it doesn't snow!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilting jem View Post
I can't imagine how cold it is over there...a Melbourne winter is cold enough for me - and it doesn't snow!
Its the last day of summer here tomorrow, and not being overly nice with the temperature. It will be pushing 40 C here! We haven't really had all that much heat this summer - its been quite mild - which has been absolutely lovely. Still able to get out and about without worrying about sunburn (I'm very fair & burn easily). Its almost been as if Autumn came early

But...a mild summer means an early winter - no where near what all of you are experiencing at the moment - but for us...freezing!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Kiffie, I don't like snakes. I once saved a rat at the pet store because they were going to feed it to the snake. That was my little McCarthy; he was a real sweetie. Gave me kisses & sat on my shoulder. Had to watch out for the cat, though. I never saw her move so fast as when McCarthy sat on my shoulder. That was in the late 1980s.
I'm not a fan of snakes, either...lol.. Or rats...um, nice you saved lil McCarthy though...

I've just come to appreciate that some wildlife is beneficial...especially if it's not too close to ME!!

Kif
Old 02-27-2015, 07:28 PM

LOL! Yeah, I hear you ... if someone had said to me the day before I saved McCarthy that I would one day have a pet rat, I'd've thought they lost their minds!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 AM

ugh no pet rats. My nephew had a male pet rat and it stunk. it was so musty smelling. Same with their ferret the male ones smelled stronger than the females. oh no. I like my unsmelly pets. I mention every three months its time to get that dog in the bath NOW. I try to be patient knowing that you have to allow for a bit of time between baths its hard on their skin but I can only do so much time then I am ready to toss that dog in myself. He does not adore baths. I adore him nice and bathed. who wins? ME! I win! lol. This weekend is a bath the dog weekend. I will disappear when that happens. lol.

March mug rugs? oh yeah. I think you guys are so terrifically creative I am going to see some very amazing things once again. Cactus in the desert? sand on a beach with tropical flowers? snowman holding a bouquet? I see the river in Yosemite with rocks to lay on on the side with maybe a floral beach towel? Sunshine in Paris? An English castle with flowers blooming in the grass? creative? oh yeah you are. You have to peak at your fabrics. what is screaming at you? little house on the prarie? everyone loves somewhere. That is the cool thing. and I would look at your destination as much as I would look at mine. If its warm enough (which it is NOT here) a sunny shine location anywhere is good to go with me! if I lived where its hot.. maybe a cool snowman... I lived in Sedona, AZ it had colder winters and hot summers. but going down to Phoenix AZ in winter they wore sweaters and shivered. it was 75 degrees. yup. All depends on where you are residing on what is a cold winter and what is a warm one. I know the people in Phoenix couldn't wait to go somewhere warm for winter. lol. I am looking a a high of 18 today and its a balmy 5 currently. I believe 40 c in Australia is about 57F here. So.. you see a cold winter is all up to where your adjusted to. Where do you wish you were? post it. share where a spring destination is to you. I see.. sunshine, warmth (oh give me 75 to 80 oh yeah) and pretty flowers. a beach .. yup. somewhere warm. what do you see?
Old 02-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

I've wracked my brain out over the design i'll do.
I was digging and I mean digging for fabrics for the mystery train. I found 2 fabrics I purchased awhile ago.
I showed them to my dh and told him my plans for the fabs. Someplace I always wanted to go, but can never afford to go there. and the fabric is so perfect for this idea. I hope my partner likes it. I really had to use my imagination on this one. Now I can't wait to start it.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

If I was doing my own destination I'd do a Hawaii themed mugrug. But I'll wait and see where my partner says she wants to go.

I'm so excited about going on a road trip with my quilting group on Tuesday. We are going to a store they have been telling me about for a long time... We had it planned for this past week and had to postpone due to the threat of an ice/snow storm. Half the fun will be traveling with all the crazy quilter ladies... Woo hoo!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Have fun on your trip. sounds like a lot of fun.
now that I got mine figured out, maybe I can sleep tonight.

JUNEBILLI...clean out you inbox, can't send you a msg.