Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Brat, I too am afraid of spiders. but them again, i'm allergic to them I'll stare at them too and hope I can make them disappear from view. Once, I had this big butt old mean spider. he was big. body about 3/4" across. swear to it. really, he put on his extension legs and tried to get to me. I put a bucket over him till someone could get him.

another time, another big butt mean old guy was after me. he was black and had these machine guns on him with rows of bullets. he stood up on his hind legs, and was going to shoot me, swear to it, cross my heart. he was mean and big.He cursed me out in a foreigh language, put his sun glasses back on and was coming after me. scared the be-jeebs outta me. so no spiderssss for me.

I'll take kitties. no complaining here.
Lynnie,
You're too funny.. I have a pic of my son holding a metal pole that their neighborhood tarantula is on, I suppose you don't want me to post the pic for you??..

Son had stopped by our place. His phone rang, he said, I'm on my way.. He hung up his phone and told his dad and I that "Apparently Mr. T (tarantula) was on their garage door when my ddil had gotten home with the kids.".
Ddil said they weren't getting out of her suv until my son came and "took care of" Mr. T...

A lil bit later ds sent me a pic of him holding the pipe with Mr. T on it..
And, no he didn't kill Mr. T. He took him to the far backside of their acreage...
Not sure if my ddil knows that part or not...lol

Kif
Old 02-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie, there is no way I would have gotten out of the truck too.

them thar things are too big for me. he needs to kill it b4 someone wakes
up and he's on the ceiling looking back down on you. Had that happen
with a wolf spider once. scary morning for me. Almost fainted, thank god I was in bed!
those things are not for me.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:04 AM

I'd love to be in this month. I missed out last month, shipping internationally can be an issue, I know. But I'm hoping there might be someone willing this month. I've sent off my info to Elisabrat.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 AM

I hesitate to say this, but my kids have had many a pet tarantula over the decade we have been in the desert southwest. They are actually very gentle, non-aggressive, and beneficial to the environment (we let them go after a period of time). We home school and the kids really enjoyed learning about Camel Spiders, Scorpions and Tarantulas.

The only things that will keep me in the car (or house) are the Rattlesnakes! I call animal control and they come and haul them off.

Fortunately or unfortunately, our flock of chickens keep all of the little creeping critters under control. Have you ever seen a flock of chickens play "football" with a dead mouse??? Hilarious.

Deb
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 AM

ok you guys are all fired. no more talk about those things. AT ALL. like ever. please. I freak out when I see those words then they stick in my mind I try to sleep see them and I cant sleep I am horrified like being in a terror movie. seriously. I can handle the stories about snakes and scorpians. I too lived in the south west. but truly don't talk about the other things here it doesn't make me feel good at all and I have to come here often. I will literally stay away for a few days otherwise. Its not a threat. its just reality.

ok that said. We have Quilty Jem this month who is playing from Australia. I would like to welcome her officially and hope that we have people step up the bar and say they are willing to play with her also. She is a sweet young lady and is willing to send out to America so heck you guys.. let her join!

I have over 40 sign ups so far! wowsa. this is a fun swap. NOW please wait til the beginning of the month before you start your mug rug. You should ask your partner first do they mind you sending your dream destination or do they want you to make something that will remind them of their dream spring destination. It would be sad for you to make say a mug rug that says.. Tropics! on it when they are thinking Turkey. now that got you thinking didn't it. Turkey? what the heck would you make to represent Turkey? something with white sand and blue tile? blue water? I would have to look that one up! see how this is going to challenge your mind and creativity a bit? tada! as soon as I get a partner for Quilty Jem I will send those two out so they are getting a bit more time due to mailing so send your PM today! thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:57 AM

Sorry, Linda, didn't know your phobia was so severe. My phobia is water. I have never been a strong swimmer, so I made sure all of my kids are and that I am always able to touch bottom. The T word and any other references to all arachnid's are forever banned from my lips........er, fingers.......

Truly, I am sorry if it effected you so badly to hear about our "studies".
Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 AM

I am good to send to Australia..no problem....
Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

LIke I aid b 'm like Brat.
I have nightmares and ay mares about those things. I'll will be stuck petrified in my steps if they are around.
Can't even see them in movies. they are horrible. enough of them.
ca't wai to get my partner and see what i'm doing.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM

I will send international!!! No problem.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

was just on bing looking at beach mugrugs, then to Disney, did you hear their price went up to $100.00 for a one day ticket. so I binged a lot of destination mugrugs, loved them all cruise, lakefront, beachy cats at the beach. you know I couldn't leave the kitties out.