Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

let's see NanaKathy!!! I love pictures.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:12 PM

This is so cute and very suggestive. Love it.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 AM

Something has come up that I am going to have to cancel out this coming month, hopefully I can get back into the swing of it the following month. have fun ! mary
Old 03-25-2015, 03:43 AM

Sun & Fun looks adorable. Would love to see the whole mug mat!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Sun and Fun looks adorable... wish we could see the whole thing. Love the key fob!
Lynnie, Sewbizgirl, and ctyankee,

Sorry ladies, that is the only picture I took. I was in a hurry trying to get to PO before it closed for the day to mail out the package and I didn't realize that part of it got cut off. It was taken with my phone; it doesn't work as well as a camera. The upper left corner is 1/4 of a full sun done in paper piecing.

This was my first attempt at trying to do some free motion quilting on the bottom half. I was trying to get a feeling for actually moving the material around under the needle. I know it was not much movement, but didn't want to have to rip out stitches by getting more involved.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:07 PM

alrighty love those mug rugs! they are so cute! the little extras are so very thoughtful. Remember those are welcome by your partner but not expected. so you are not to worry if you cant send extras or forgot to send them. I often forget to put the extra things I have for someone. I tape things up good and go oh crud its right there on the ironing board a good SAFE place or I truly didn't have the extra which would require me to use a more expensive way of shipping so know your not alone if this happens. Whatever you sent will be loved.

speaking of which I have to once again bring up a couple things: in the sign ups if you will note that it states things must be sewn. this is a non negotiable item. You can fuse an item in place to hold it before you quilt it on. You can not fuse things together. You can also not Glue things together. that is not ok. So try to remember this when you make next months mug rug ok? the goal here is to SEW. if your learning its ok, everyone started somewhere. take your time, if you get stuck write anyone on this board and ask them they will help you. I know it! some of us add binding and that is wonderful. if you cant do it well then perhaps consider the flip it inside out, sew a seam turn it right side out and sew another seam 1/4 along the edge to have a clean finished edge and everyone will be happy. need help don't forget to ask. trust me! I have asked question after question and every single time someone wrote me and said this is how you do it. and at times.. I had to write again and again because I was still lost. then it .. clicked. it will click for you. be patient with yourself and please be patient with your partners. we are here to enjoy each others company and to learn. you wont find a better place to do it!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:23 PM

Nelco's lap top is on it's last lap. I have a picture of the mug rug I made her but not her total package. Her destination was her own state with all the spring blooming flowers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514792[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

That's such a sweet and Springlike mug rug, terriamn!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

lovely, springtime mugrug. very nice quilting, and design
Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Nelco's lap top is on it's last lap. I have a picture of the mug rug I made her but not her total package. Her destination was her own state with all the spring blooming flowers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514792[/ATTACH]
I also got a kitchen towl with bnnies all over, a FQ that I will use when I start 'The Farmer's Wife sampler', and ummie candy. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Terri