Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-26-2015, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
let's see NanaKathy!!! I love pictures.
Here's a pic I took of the MugRug I sent. I hope Nana doesn't mind me posting it. I called it "Lavender Fields" to keep with the theme and I sent along a few lavender items...soap, tea, lip gloss. I hope Nana liked lavender lol.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 04:48 AM

oh love the tulip all paper pieced! I always admire someone who can paper piece as well that is not a skill I have. come on over and teach me!

Holly hobbie! omg I loved her too growing up. I loved the cute designs and then the little glitter that was added to the cards you could get. being a massive sucker for glitter cards I had what a memory thanks!

come on over and sign on up for the next swap! we have a slight list next month and curiosity is making me ask. if you are not happy with the item for swap say so and say you would like to swap something else.. I bet you someone would take you up on it!

I am considering next month "your favorite creature" could be a lady bug could be a kitty or dolphins!. Would you be interested in this type of swap? if not what else floats your boat? share with me via this forum and I will take it all into consideration. so share your choices! I would love to see you come back next time and the best way to do that is to hear what you have to say and want. My ears are open wide so speak!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:49 AM

(sure a lot easier when the next month is a holiday!)
Old 03-26-2015, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Nelco's lap top is on it's last lap. I have a picture of the mug rug I made her but not her total package. Her destination was her own state with all the spring blooming flowers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514792[/ATTACH]
This looks just like my mug rug from jan rutherford. Only different colors. I couldn't get the picture to post!
Old 03-26-2015, 05:13 AM

Love the idea of our favorite critter for next month's theme! In addition to kitties I was also thinking of hummingbirds.

Jan
Old 03-26-2015, 05:17 AM

there is some really cool hummingbird fabric out there too sigh.. oh wait ! I have hummingbirds! grin. the ideas are endless. and wondering also is it better to have say a do what your partner loves or is it easier to do you love? does anyone care?
Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 AM

Patches & posies & defalker, thanks for those uplifting words! good to know someone else feels the same way. someone find that 10 foot rule and put it on here please??!!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Sheri, what a wonderful mixed media mugrug. so many techniques in it. like a mini quilt. a lot of different areas of interest. such a wondful mug rug/ mini wall hanging. wonderful great work.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I love cute buga. I made a big wall hanging of cute bugs. cute little ants, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, even a cute spoder. and I hate spiders. google cute bugs, and adorable little creatures come up. i'd make a circle of a ladybug.
Garden bugs. I also did a cute worm with glasses and a book and a top hat. I did a lightening bug and colored his butt with glow in the dark paint. we can do breakfast foods. fast foods. woodland creatures or summertime fun.
everyone pipe in with an idea.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

That's a beautiful mug rug, Sheri. Worthy of being hung on the wall rather than holding a cup of coffee! Love all the border fabrics used.