Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

... I have some pretty hummingbird fabric....
Old 03-26-2015, 11:03 AM

I got such a beautiful mug rug today from TPr9258, She had such a clever idea with part of it she used Velcro.
Plus I also got a cute bag,candy,drink bag,uno cards,2 post cards,and an ice pack( she must of known I need those a lot.Lol!
Thank you so much Teri,I love everything,you have been a great partner!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Letsquilt, looks like you got a great set to take for a day at the beach! Everything is beautiful, esp. the mug rug!

Here is a photo of the note Theifner sent me with the little fabric doll, for Patchesnposies. Very sweet!
Attached Thumbnails dsc01725.jpg   dsc01724.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

cute beachy mugrug

cute doll saying and quick history lesson.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's a beautiful mug rug, Sheri. Worthy of being hung on the wall rather than holding a cup of coffee! Love all the border fabrics used.
Ha! Glad you like it. I used scraps from cutting my Batik Candy for my 2.5" swap. The round center is made from the snippets I got while cutting. I put wash out stabilizer on top of the pile of snipets and sew sew sewed. Then rinsed off the stabilizer and had a piece of "cloth"?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:45 PM

Love the beach mug rug with the Adirondak chair, great job
Old 03-26-2015, 03:06 PM

Teri, love the beach mug rug. Such cute details you added, love the little shells. That chair almost looks 3-D. Great work.
Also, really like the lavender theme by SheriR. Such creavtivity!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:09 PM

Hi all,
I've been out with what I call the "creeping crud", I finally broke down and went to the Dr, antibiotics are finally kicking in (but come with their own assortment of issues). I'm going on 12 days of sick. I haven't been down for the count like this in years. Flu shot? Check. Hand sanitizer? Check. Wash hands, use wipes on grocery basket handles, wipe down door knobs, remote control, etc when anyone is sick? Check.
Still get the "creeping crud"? Check, check, check...GRRR... I've had more kidney stones and surgeries than I care to recall, but my family will attest to the fact that I only whine when I have the flu/"creeping crud"...Crazy, but that's me..

Terriamn,
Happy to hear your news and that you're on the mend!

I love all the latest mug rugs being shared. I must say my ddil has a special affinity for the hibiscus one. She loves all things hibiscus..

I can only add I, too love the friendship and camaraderie of our swaps. And I try to be as kind as I can be. I'm always my own worst critic. I think Lynnie summed it up great when she said just try to double check things..tuck in threads, make sure seams are sewn completely, trim your threads, etc. I myself hand tie off my threads, and bury them. But I certainly don't expect that to be done on things I receive. It's just the way I learned, and it's honestly relaxing for me to sit on the couch while hubs and I watch tv, and I can tie off and bury my threads...If I make a big "Ruh-roh", I take the stitches out and redo them. I do it for ME. and because I can only get better if I'm trying to do the best I can.
Lastly, I don't go to Brat, or any of our hostesses with complaints. Because I know I couldn't run a swap here..no way, no how. I really appreciate everything they do for us. I sign up for a swap knowing we've all got different levels of experience, and I know I will ALWAYS be learning something...
Regards,
Kif

Just saw that beach mug rug with the chair..it's darling, too!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-26-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Yes Kiffie, Brat does a lot for us and so much we don't even know about.
I for one, wouldn't want to do one of these. I couldn't keep track of all I needed to.
It's amazing to me she or anyone who does these swaps keeps track of what's going on.

Love the Adirondack chair. what's it made of???
Old 03-26-2015, 04:18 PM

The chair is like a scrap booking piece, Teri Velcro'd it on.It is amazing. would have never thought of doing that.So that little jewel will hang on my wall!!!!!