Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

oh, o.k. couldn't figure out what it was. thought that was some of the best applique I've ever seen, and I do a lot of applique. so cute, the more I look at it the more I like it. great job.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Wow! So much has happened since the last time I looked here!

First, love that mixed media mug rug. Amazing job, & the lavender theme is great!

I thought the Adirondack chair was 3D! Love that mug rug & the goodies, too!

Oh, gosh, I think there was a third mug rug ... hmmm ... I have to look back!

I think favorite critter is a wonderful idea! Or favorite woodland creature, or favorite ocean/sea creature, or favorite ... well, I'm game for whatever is decided.

I suppose it makes sense to do what your partner prefers, but that may be a very real challenge, depending on what said partner likes! If we make what we like, then we can get it done much faster. For myself, I tend to spend most of my time thinking about what to make, letting it gel for quite some time until it decides it's ready for me to start pulling fabric. Time-consuming, but that's how I roll. And it doesn't matter if it's a bed-sized quilt or a mug rug -- it's the same process for me. So if I make what my partner likes ... it may be a very long while before she sees it!

Perhaps we can expand the scope a little? What if our partner says "woodland creature"? Then the maker of the mug rug can choose which woodland creature to create. That way, one person gets a woodland creature & the other gets to use her creativity to make a woodland creature that talks to her, instead of being boxed into, say, making a deer or whatever. Does that make sense to anyone?

So, going with that thought, what if we pick a theme like "Favorite Creature"? We can then have sub-categories in which to choose for our partner to make for us. Like, pick from one of the following categories: Woodland Creature, Ocean/Sea Creature, Garden Creature (can include bugs/bees), Winged Creature (birds/butterflies/bees/bugs), Wild Creatures (open to interpretation), Frozen North Creatures, Mountain ... you get the idea.

Or, how about Things with Wings, Things with Hooves, Things with Gills, Things with Fur, Things with ...

Any thoughts on any of this?
Old 03-26-2015, 05:51 PM

Oh, yeah, it was the little doll made from "leavings"! Adorable!
Old 03-26-2015, 06:02 PM

SheriR love the mug rug you made for Nana. Purple...my favorite!!! Nana, if you don't want it you can send it my way!
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 PM

Letsquilt, glad you are enjoying the mug rug, guess I cheated a little with the chair but felt it needed something extra when I finished it, had that on hand, thought the velcro would b OK so that it could b washed if need be, thank you also for mine, wish we could meet on the beach and do a little quilt swapping lol
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM

I say we meet at the beach and play uno!! And get some sun!!!
I don't think you cheated at all, It's great thinking and it is now on my wall in my sewing room,Love it!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

lets quilt, don't forget the chocolate, need the chocolate too. i'm in for UNO
Old 03-26-2015, 08:18 PM

I got Happylab's mug rug, etc....into the mail today! Yippee! This swap had me worried. I thought I'd never gather my thoughts enough to get the job done. I am happy with the outcome.....I only hope she is! This was the latest I have ever mailed out a swap. It tells me I made the right decision about waiting a couple of months to rejoin in the fun. When it is too hot to do much outdoors I'll be back. Meanwhile I'll just sit back and observe you all!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:10 AM

II say let's have a Quilting Board beach day, should just have set day and on that day anyone that wants to do beach theme quilting sit by the pool cook outside enjoy family time have bon fire the day could be endless
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 AM

patchesnposies you mention too hot one more time I am going to come on over and.. sit in your lawn chair yes I am. Its sunny looks beautiful outside and 40's. wowsa a hot day its not! the front door is wide open though time for fresh air. I keep it open til about 5 then its getting too fresh for even me. I like it warm. turn on the fan and I am happy. I don't like it hot however bick. 90's forget it. I lived in Arizona for years and it was hot but guess you get used to it. it always cooled down to 50 at night so there was relief.

I think your crazy CTyankee! wow you come up with some ideas. I figure if someone likes ponies make a pony. You can find cartoon images on google and print and cut them out as a pattern if you cant draw them. one does not have to have fabric with ponies on it (though that would be way easier wouldn't it?) you can simply cut and "paste" so to speak (please don't use paste!) and do a blanket stitch around the edge. tada! But you get the idea right? I am not saying we will do favorite creatures just an idea. Was hoping to see more ideas popping up for Mays mug rug. April is already out so go on over and sign up! Patches if you want to do one any theme at any time during the month I will go with you on that. If you have time and are not outside sunning and planting gardens. Still not ready to plant mine one or two more snows I think are waiting for us. The lawn is still turned for winter so when it greens up.. the plants go in! I hope. lol. my luck it will snow the next day.